Annan v Falkirk

• Bigbrbairn changed the title to Annan v Falkirk
2 hours ago, Rugster said:

Click on the three dots at the top right of your first post and select edit. You can then edit the post, but as it is the first one you can also edit your topic title.

Thank you very much kind sir. I was following on from the Kelty topic title then i thought both looked naff! Changed

Honestly, we’re far better than Annan. I don’t think we should be worrying too much.

Is anyone passing Midlothian to the way? im looking for a lift: obviously I’ll pay petrol but my doctor won’t allow me to drive.

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Alloa's pitch is bigger than Falkirk's so I don't think that'll have much of a difference tbf. 

Please win this Falkirk, as our useless shower of shite certainly won't get the job done themselves. 

Even if Falkirk win, Queens still might not get the job done if they lose their 2 games by an aggregate of more than 4 plus whatever Annan lose by.
Obviously, Falkirk winning is the best outcome for Queens but that’s not the end of it if Queens lose to Cove, Stirling beat Edinburgh and then draw with Annan. It might seem like a combination of results that is extremely unlikely but I’m sure Queens could do their bit to make it happen.

25 minutes ago, Artemis said:

Even if Falkirk win, Queens still might not get the job done if they lose their 2 games by an aggregate of more than 4 plus whatever Annan lose by.
Obviously, Falkirk winning is the best outcome for Queens but that’s not the end of it if Queens lose to Cove, Stirling beat Edinburgh and then draw with Annan. It might seem like a combination of results that is extremely unlikely but I’m sure Queens could do their bit to make it happen.

Cove do have an attacking forward line !

The last day of the season should be interesting for a lot of teams in possible  play off positions at  both ends of the table.

Take a draw and back up the road. Tough game Annan are still trying to avoid the relegation play off spot and their results have been decent of late. Keep the unbeaten run going till next week. Donaldson being suspended doesn't help.

4 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

90 minutes of this please

season 9 GIF

To the wing..., to the centre... holds it... holds it.... HOLDS IT

Going to be watching this with one eye on the game and the other on the score updates from Palmerston and Meadowbank...

Falkirk are certainly worthy champions but hoping they have got holiday fever now. A point for Annan would be a good result-for both teams.

Enjoy your day tomorrow Falkirk but Mon th Annan!! We need it more than yous

10 minutes ago, Hauftimedraw said:

Going to be watching this with one eye on the game and the other on the score updates from Palmerston and Meadowbank...

Falkirk are certainly worthy champions but hoping they have got holiday fever now. A point for Annan would be a good result-for both teams.

Enjoy your day tomorrow Falkirk but Mon th Annan!! We need it more than yous

We've looked just as hungry in the games since the title was confirmed. What could be our undoing here is the Donaldson suspension on top of Lang's injury. Mackie and Henderson have performed admirably this season when needed at the back but this will be the first time they've started as a CB pairing. Rest of the team picks itself and hopefully the forwards do what they've done all season to relief any pressure on the defence. 

Isn't it wonderful this season. We dont have to watch others teams scores now and don't have the horrible thoughts of playoff misery. We only have to try and achieve an invincible season which would be brilliant but not essential to our progress. Peace

On 25/04/2024 at 13:58, Roboccop said:

Honestly, we’re far better than Annan. I don’t think we should be worrying too much.

Is anyone passing Midlothian to the way? im looking for a lift: obviously I’ll pay petrol but my doctor won’t allow me to drive.

Can't officer Lewis drive you? 

Weather warning for travelling Falkirk fans. We are experiencing unusual weather this morning and it is NOT raining! Hopefully a good omen fingers crossed 🤞

Would like to think Murphy will for a win which in all honesty is best chance of getting a draw.

Expect to see us setting up like this 

Fleming

McIntyre Douglas Muir Galloway 

Gibson Hunter Lussaint Smith 

Goss Ndiwene 

Mon th Annan!! Ca plane pour moi!

On 25/04/2024 at 18:54, BPM said:

A bit of this would do

My fear is that we get something similar next week if Annan get a result today while Stirling beat Edinburgh.

In such circumstances, should we lose today and fall behind next week (surely the most plausible part of the equation) a stitched up draw between Stirling and Annan next Saturday would suit both.

Come on Falkirk - no nonsense today eh?  You know I've always liked you.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

My fear is that we get something similar next week if Annan get a result today while Stirling beat Edinburgh.

In such circumstances, should we lose today and fall behind next week (surely the most plausible part of the equation) a stitched up draw between Stirling and Annan next Saturday would suit both.

Clutching for one of these.

4A566A4A-19E2-405B-BE6D-547C97720AFB.jpeg

On 25/04/2024 at 21:33, Bigbrbairn said:

I remember that game. A bigger scandal than the Morten game.

You've really upset this Rennie guy, no? 

37 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Thankfully the draw last week means an agreement like this is unlikely to happen. Unless of course Montrose are comfortably winning at HT and a point would benefit both. It's a risk though and thankfully I expect the game next week at Stirling to be one where (at least) one side needs a win. 

Though in all honesty even if they both did need and played out a draw, I wouldn't hold it against them. We only have ourselves and Bartley to blame for the shit mess we're in. 

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

You've really upset this Rennie guy, no? 

Thankfully the draw last week means an agreement like this is unlikely to happen. Unless of course Montrose are comfortably winning at HT and a point would benefit both. It's a risk though and thankfully I expect the game next week at Stirling to be one where (at least) one side needs a win. 

Though in all honesty even if they both did need and played out a draw, I wouldn't hold it against them. We only have ourselves and Bartley to blame for the shit mess we're in. 

Yes, it's unlikely.  As you say, we'd need to be completely out of the game at Montrose during it, for a draw to make sense for both Stirling and Annan.

Like you, I wouldn't feel particularly aggrieved towards either side if it came to pass though.  I'd be far too angry with us for there to be any anger left to divert elsewhere.