Annan v Falkirk

17 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Scrapping for their lives and that’s why they are where they are. Nothing but respect from me, niggly as f**k and taken points off us twice in a row and scored 4 goals in the process. 

Nothing but contempt from me 

Just now, GMBairn said:

Bad I take it?

Hamstring. Held the back of his leg as soon as he scored. Tried to come back on but went down 30 seconds later. 

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

Absolutely. Big Rossco played at CH for Alloa a couple times in emergencies I think. I’d take 0-0 right now next week. Although 6-6 would be fine too for the tonne! 🤣

Just the once IIRC. Second leg of the playoff semi against Accies last year and only in the second half. He was on the right of three centre backs - did OK and I don't think he'd let you down if asked to play there, although I'm sure he won't. 

8 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

Thank the ref. What was that second pen for? 

No-one knows for certain. The only thing I could see is that after an Annan player hit a shot, his leg came into contact with Finn's boot as he challenged. You can see the ball behind the number fours leg so Finn was literally a thousandth of a second too late with the challenge and the ball was there to be won. I showed him the pic on the bus home afterwards and he was bemused at the award as the ball had gone. 

AAB_4132.jpg

Should have been well out of sight in that game. Thought Mackie was great again and I would have kept Nesbitt on if he was up to it.  I though Bisland was having one of his best games for us before being flung into an unfamiliar position.  First time I've seen Goss and he is a real freak of nature, no idea if he can play football or not.

21 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

No-one knows for certain. The only thing I could see is that after an Annan player hit a shot, his leg came into contact with Finn's boot as he challenged. You can see the ball behind the number fours leg so Finn was literally a thousandth of a second too late with the challenge and the ball was there to be won. I showed him the pic on the bus home afterwards and he was bemused at the award as the ball had gone. 

AAB_4132.jpg

Is the ball being gone relevant? He's maybe unlucky but you can't really argue that's a dangerous looking challenge, surely? 

2 hours ago, SuperAnnan said:

Bunch of miserable b*****ds for still being unbeaten 🤣

Think what you are reading is pure frustration at the fact we completely outplayed a one dimensional part time outfit for the vast majority of the game but dropped two points as the result of Dross’s diving, refereeing incompetence & not being clinical in the box. Hopefully you return to your rightful division & Stirling turn you over next week……..nothing personal.

a by a

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

AAB_4132.jpg

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Is the ball being gone relevant? He's maybe unlucky but you can't really argue that's a dangerous looking challenge, surely? 

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Isn't the ball being gone a marker of a late challenge, ie a foul?

Can only assume @Bainsfordbairn has phrased that really badly. Still photos rarely tell you much but on the face of it the photo looks like a penalty and his post about being "fractions late" and the "ball had gone" sounds as clear a description of a penalty as there is. Something lost in translation perhaps. I'll wait for the footage.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

2 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Think what you are reading is pure frustration at the fact we completely outplayed a one dimensional part time outfit for the vast majority of the game but dropped two points as the result of Dross’s diving, refereeing incompetence & not being clinical in the box. Hopefully you return to your rightful division & Stirling turn you over next week……..nothing personal.

a by a

You're only unbeaten thanks to refereeing incompetence at Meadowbank.

Nothing personal. 

20 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Can only assume @Bainsfordbairn has phrased that really badly. Still photos rarely tell you much but on the face of it the photo looks like a penalty and his post about being "fractions late" and the "ball had gone" sounds as clear a description of a penalty as there is. Something lost in translation perhaps. I'll wait for the footage.

No, I've phrased it in such a way that it can't cause offence to any players or club officials, all of whom I know personally, rather than suggesting they may have been at fault. Professional football people can sometimes be incredibly sensitive to what they perceive as criticism, as anyone who dealt with a certain odious creature who used to manage us will testify. I don't think Finn is like that but I'm not taking chances. 

While still putting out the picture that I think explains the decision. 

I get Bisland hasn't played consistently and he was in a different position for a lot of the game today, however he was at fault a number of times and he hasn't looked nowhere near the level of this team I think any time I've seen him play for us.

7 hours ago, BPM said:

Nothing but contempt from me 

Lets face it - last 2 games against them ,a team fighting relegation from League 1 (Annan) YOU could not beat them.

Mibs you're NOT the great shakes you think you are.

Can you handle the likes of Morton etc. ?

Championship is different gravy.

30 minutes ago, the philosopher said:

Lets face it - last 2 games against them ,a team fighting relegation from League 1 (Annan) YOU could not beat them.

Mibs you're NOT the great shakes you think you are.

Can you handle the likes of Morton etc. ?

Championship is different gravy.

😂. 35 unbeaten and counting. Unbeaten in 4 games v Championship teams this season. We will do fine. Enjoy L2 it is your level at best.