Annan v Falkirk

1 hour ago, the philosopher said:

Lets face it - last 2 games against them ,a team fighting relegation from League 1 (Annan) YOU could not beat them.

Mibs you're NOT the great shakes you think you are.

Can you handle the likes of Morton etc. ?

Championship is different gravy.

Excellent attempt at wind up , even mentioning little Morton as if they are a step up. We won't miss your high school "stadium" and beautiful town. All the best in your fight to stay in the league

4 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Lets face it - last 2 games against them ,a team fighting relegation from League 1 (Annan) YOU could not beat them.

Read some shite on here over the years but this is well up there with the most desperate and silly of them.

13 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

No-one knows for certain. The only thing I could see is that after an Annan player hit a shot, his leg came into contact with Finn's boot as he challenged. You can see the ball behind the number fours leg so Finn was literally a thousandth of a second too late with the challenge and the ball was there to be won. I showed him the pic on the bus home afterwards and he was bemused at the award as the ball had gone. 

AAB_4132.jpg

Spot the currant without the bus fare in the crowd there. 

8 hours ago, the philosopher said:

We certainly managed to pump Dundee united. Seems they did rather well in that league this season

Just watched the highlights and a few things struck me: The Annan 'defending' for our first was dreadful, our third looked offside because Miller (I think) tried to head the ball while standing on the line and it's virtually impossible to tell if the 2nd penalty was legit or not. The first penalty was as blatant as you're likely to see however.

Very proud of the fact though that the guys can come up with such a battling performance when all of the circumstances are taken into account. Well done Falkirk!

31 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Just watched the highlights and a few things struck me: The Annan 'defending' for our first was dreadful, our third looked offside because Miller (I think) tried to head the ball while standing on the line and it's virtually impossible to tell if the 2nd penalty was legit or not. The first penalty was as blatant as you're likely to see however.

Very proud of the fact though that the guys can come up with such a battling performance when all of the circumstances are taken into account. Well done Falkirk!

I've just watched them and tbh my first thought on your third is that whoever it was at the back post (I thought Morrison, but I assume you know your players better than me) absolutely tried to head it and was lucky he missed it because he's 100% offside as he's wrong side of the keeper. I wouldn't have ruled it out for him "trying to head it" because he doesn't and he probably doesn't interfere in any way with the goal in doing so.

The two penalties are pretty much stonewall for me. Not sure why so many Falkirk fans are moaning about them.

33 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I've just watched them and tbh my first thought on your third is that whoever it was at the back post (I thought Morrison, but I assume you know your players better than me) absolutely tried to head it and was lucky he missed it because he's 100% offside as he's wrong side of the keeper. I wouldn't have ruled it out for him "trying to head it" because he doesn't and he probably doesn't interfere in any way with the goal in doing so.

The two penalties are pretty much stonewall for me. Not sure why so many Falkirk fans are moaning about them.

Think it is miller and he does look offside so it's just as well he doesn't get anywhere near it.

Both are pens as well in my opinion a push from bisland and Finn diving in. He gave away a free kick very similar against kelty last week on the edge of the box so hopefully doing a bit of training this week on when to stay on his feet. 

49 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You'll know better than me, but is a player not deemed to be offside when trying to get to the ball, whether they touch it or not? Maybe that used to be the case and it's been changed since. Wouldn't be surprised as the rules seem to be changed every 5 minutes!

It was more the free kicks given for absolutely nothing that were getting right on my box (one of which led to penalty award no1) rather than the penalty awards, which you couldn't really argue with. 

31 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

You'll know better than me, but is a player not deemed to be offside when trying to get to the ball, whether they touch it or not? Maybe that used to be the case and it's been changed since. Wouldn't be surprised as the rules seem to be changed every 5 minutes!

Well he's offside if he's interfering with play which usually someone deliberately trying to play the ball is as it impacts on a defender at least.

In this case, I thought he wasn't because unless you think the Annan player on the line could have reached and blocked the Nesbitt shot if he hadn't been expecting Miller to touch it then his attempt to touch it hasn't "interfered". I don't think there's a hope in Hell the player on the line was stopping it whether Miller was there or not and Miller didn't touch it so I think the goal correctly stands. If he had touched it he's offside (assuming the far side assistant has actually clocked he's goalside of the goalkeeper anyway).

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I've got a theory. 🤔

50 minutes ago, printer said:

I've got a theory. 🤔

Yip I have the same theory, we are not a well liked club and officials continually do their best to stop us achieving anything.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

5 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Yip I have the same theory, we are not a well liked club and officials continually do their best to stop us achieving anything.

If they are then they are doing a particularly bad job of it this season.

4 minutes ago, printer said:

If they are then they are doing a particularly bad job of it this season.

Nope, as well as we have done this season we have still had some absolutely honking referees who have given some very strange decisions against us. Mind you I suppose every club at this level could moan about the refs as they just aren’t very good.

29 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Nope, as well as we have done this season we have still had some absolutely honking referees who have given some very strange decisions against us. Mind you I suppose every club at this level could moan about the refs as they just aren’t very good.

The strangest of all being awarding you a fictional 94th minute penalty at Edinburgh to grab a 2-2. Which, apart from being a yard outside the box and not a foul, was a brilliant decision. 🙄

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The strangest of all being awarding you a fictional 94th minute penalty at Edinburgh to grab a 2-2. Which, apart from being a yard outside the box and not a foul, was a brilliant decision. 🙄

Why on earth are they moaning about referees at this juncture? 

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'll let you argue whether or not it was outside the box but to question whether it was an actual foul or not is a nonsense. Pulled him back after he'd rinsed him, was stupidity from the defender.