What's The 'Poshest' Thing You've Ever Done?

13 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I've been racking my brain but I cannot think of anything I've done that could be labelled 'posh'.

However, many years ago, I took my girlfriend (now Mrs. F_P) for a drive around Perthshire and we ended up at House of Bruar where we went for a stroll in the woods and enjoyed a bit of 'al fresco friskiness' amongst the trees. We were picking pine needles out of our underpinnings for hours.

I don't consider an outdoor shag at HoB as posh though. 😲

I did notice recently that "took the missus up the house of Bruar" had entered the Scottish vernacular.

Been in Buckingham Palace where the nature of the event meant dressing up in your best. As we walked through the gates dressed in our finery (or in my case the same suit I wear for everything, only the tie changes), the tourists thronged outside wondered if we were celebrities or something. They never hid their disappointment when they realised we were far fom celebrity status. Cameras and phones back in their pockets in jig time. Two things I remember, one was that the staff were great. Chatty, put us to ease and there was no stuffiness. The second thing is that the toilets, well, the ones for our use anyway, were straight out of the 1970s. Old style formica, avocado coloured sinks, taps and fittings straight from 1975. Very strange.

Apart from that, did corporate hospitality once for Hamilton Accies v St Mirren at New Shithole Park. Billy Reid’s Accies v Gus MacPherson’s Saints… it was a 0-0 draw, and Accies hospitality was like a school canteen. Posh or what?

13 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Been in Buckingham Palace where the nature of the event meant dressing up in your best. As we walked through the gates dressed in our finery (or in my case the same suit I wear for everything, only the tie changes), the tourists thronged outside wondered if we were celebrities or something. They never hid their disappointment when they realised we were far fom celebrity status. Cameras and phones back in their pockets in jig time. Two things I remember, one was that the staff were great. Chatty, put us to ease and there was no stuffiness. The second thing is that the toilets, well, the ones for our use anyway, were straight out of the 1970s. Old style formica, avocado coloured sinks, taps and fittings straight from 1975. Very strange.

Apart from that, did corporate hospitality once for Hamilton Accies v St Mirren at New Shithole Park. Billy Reid’s Accies v Gus MacPherson’s Saints… it was a 0-0 draw, and Accies hospitality was like a school canteen. Posh or what?

My sister got invited to an event at Buckingham Palace years ago. She said the queen walked fast as f**k.

I dined with the US Secretary General for Middle Eastern Affairs, Jeffrey Feltman, just me and him at the table with about 6 Secret Service all round the room, at the Sheraton Hotel in Sanaa in Yemen.

I have also had a Singapore Sling cocktail in Raffles Hotel, with a massive cigar on the balcony.

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I dined with the US Secretary General for Middle Eastern Affairs, Jeffrey Feltman, just me and him at the table with about 6 Secret Service all round the room, at the Sheraton Hotel in Sanaa in Yemen.

I have also had a Singapore Sling cocktail in Raffles Hotel, with a massive cigar on the balcony.

"Here Jeremy, min, fit di yi ca' them far your fae? Rowies or butteries?"

12 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

"Here Jeremy, min, fit di yi ca' them far your fae? Rowies or butteries?"

I was working for one of the Oil companies at the time, spending months in the country, he did ask me how I was finding it, spending time in Yemen and what I thought of the people, the Middle East in general etc... all that chat. I gave my answers and opinions about the Houthis, (the then) President Salah and the Yemeni relationship with Saudi Arabia, and within a month of me leaving Yemen, Civil war broke out. 

He really shouldn't take advice from the drunken warbling of a loon fae Torry.

Edited by johnnydun

8 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I had tea and cake with Archbishop Damianos of St Catherine's Monastery and the Israeli general in charge of the Sinai, while trying to flog a car wreck to the Bish at the foot of Mount Sinai, where Moses climbed up to collect his tablets. It was more Arthur Daley than posh though.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

For clarity, Princess Diana was very much alive at the time. I waved at her and she did looked at me. 

^^ broke into the Palace
With a sponge and a rusty spanner
She said: "Eh, I know you and your concrete is shite"

I've dressed up to go to the Opera. 

I've also had a pish in the Queen's personal toilet

Spoiler

it was the one at Meadowbank Stadium which was used for the Commonwealth Games. It wasn't very posh but the graffiti about Celtic was written in a fine hand

45 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I was working for one of the Oil companies at the time, spending months in the country, he did ask me how I was finding it, spending time in Yemen and what I thought of the people, the Middle East in general etc... all that chat. I gave my answers and opinions about the Houthis, (the then) President Salah and the Yemeni relationship with Saudi Arabia, and within a month of me leaving Yemen, Civil war broke out. 

He really shouldn't take advice from the drunken warbling of a loon fae Torry.

I wonder if Jeremy is on the equivalent forum in the US, going on about meeting a teuchtery sounding Dundee supporter saying "This guy essentially said that we should carpet bomb the middle east and let Israel decimate the Palestinian people in a few years.  Well thats what it sounded like to me. Yeehaw."

Spoiler

9554vl.jpg

54 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I had tea and cake with Archbishop Damianos of St Catherine's Monastery and the Israeli general in charge of the Sinai, while trying to flog a car wreck to the Bish at the foot of Mount Sinai, where Moses climbed up to collect his tablets. It was more Arthur Daley than posh though.

It wasn't a Triumph by any chance?

14 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I wonder if Jeremy is on the equivalent forum in the US, going on about meeting a teuchtery sounding Dundee supporter saying "This guy essentially said that we should carpet bomb the middle east and let Israel decimate the Palestinian people in a few years.  Well thats what it sounded like to me. Yeehaw."

Reveal hidden contents

9554vl.jpg

His name is Jeffrey.

This is it really, the whole unrest in the Middle East started when some Yank diplomat got twatted in the chops by one of the North Easts finest, because he wanted to get a 'Buttery' from a 'Chippy' to go with his f**kin' 'Square' sasij.

The c**t.

Edited by johnnydun

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

His name is Jeffrey.

This is it really, the whole unrest in the Middle East started when some Yank diplomat got twatted in the chops by one of the North Easts finest, because he wanted to get a 'Buttery' from a 'Chipper' to go with his f**kin' 'Square' sasij.

The c**t.

You should have kept calling him Jeremy.

29 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I've dressed up to go to the Opera. 

I've also had a pish in the Queen's personal toilet

Hide contents

it was the one at Meadowbank Stadium which was used for the Commonwealth Games. It wasn't very posh but the graffiti about Celtic was written in a fine hand

^^^ closet royalist.