Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Picking up a stapler and finding there are no staples in it........followed by picking up another stapler with no staples in it......

You know why this happens? Because people who pick up a stapler with no staples in it just pick up another stapler rather than putting staplers in the empty one. If you're not the solution, you're part of the problem.

You know why this happens? Because people who pick up a stapler with no staples in it just pick up another stapler rather than putting staplers in the empty one. If you're not the solution, you're part of the problem.

Wow.

Who shat in YOUR mince?

Wow.

Who shat in YOUR mince?

It's true what she says tbh. The reason the two staplers were empty was because someone did the exact same thing he did! It's rather hypocritical to criticise folk for doing it if he is guilty of it himself :P

When people mark emails in Outlook as high importance and they are not important.

Just send one back with this message...

"Outlook has detected Narcissism in an email you recently sent, and has delayed delivery for 24 hours".

You'll then get an email from them asking if you received it. They may also mention that it might be infected with the Narcissism virus ;-) They will more than likely flag as important again...

To which you should immediately respond again with "Outlook has detected..."

Keep this up until the important stops being selected.

On a similar theme, folk who pick up a white board marker, try to write with it, discover its not working, so put it back on the shelf at the bottom of the white board. Throw it in the bin you shitehawks, otherwise the next person will pick it up and try and write with it.

Many moons ago, when I worked for a well know banking institute, I was on the wrong end of a severe bollocking for messing up an international payment. I was nervously messing around with a stapler as I was receiving a shower and hairdryer combo.

Stapler was not as empty as I had presumed it was. It was about 20 mins after I had stapled my hand that my boss noticed the blood pouring out (I couldn't hide it any longer, and I wanted the staple out by this point)

Anyway - those who don't refill staplers should be commended.

The good part of this story is, I cost the bank nearly 30k in compensation as the guy missed a deadline for buying a house in Sweden.

On a similar theme, folk who pick up a white board marker, try to write with it, discover its not working, so put it back on the shelf at the bottom of the white board. Throw it in the bin you shitehawks, otherwise the next person will pick it up and try and write with it.

Similar theme, people who leave permanent markers near white boards. Not guilty but it happened in a meeting I attended last week.

The H.O.A. in my place organise parties for residents. Each time the notice says it's "pot luck" and please bring enough food for 20-30 people. Each time I have to convince the wife that if every family came with the quantity of food suggested we could solve the global food crisis. Probably not bother trying to explain next time, will just administer the P&B pie kick.

Similar theme, people who leave permanent markers near white boards. Not guilty but it happened in a meeting I attended last week.

I only very recently found out that if you use a permanent marker on a whiteboard, if you go over it with non permanent, it then will wipe off. I honestly was flabbergasted. I have since tried this sorcery out in my own office and it worked.

Flabbergasted by this.

I only very recently found out that if you use a permanent marker on a whiteboard, if you go over it with non permanent, it then will wipe off. I honestly was flabbergasted. I have since tried this sorcery out in my own office and it worked.

Flabbergasted by this.

I can confirm this is true.  Witchcraft.

The Carlisle accent.

For those who don't know what it sounds like, it's as if the Geordie accent and the Broad Yorkshire accent have had a baby. Just an awful awful accent. It's got the irritation of the Geordie accent and the boredom of the Yorkshire accent.

Past their sell-by date bands doing that “20th anniversary of the only album you can remember them doing downtuned a couple of steps so the singer can still hit the notes†tour thing. It smacks of a non rock’n’roll safeness.

Oh, and tribute bands – possibly the most pointless concept ever.