Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

People who cycle on the fucking pavement!

Especially when the road's empty. I was walking with a mate and his wife pushing a pram when a ned cycled at full speed through the middle of us. When we swore at him he slammed on his brakes, turned round and asked if we were calling him a c**t. As we replied, "Well, yes" it slowly dawned on him that I'm quite stocky and my mate was 6'4" and built like a brick shithouse, and he slinked off.

Edited by welshbairn

Realised the other day term was finishing when I saw a bespoke stand in the Co-Op full of "THANK YOU TEACHER" and "BEST TEACHER" cards etc.

Card companies know how to rip the arse right out of just about everything.

They just have to make a card and guilt does the rest.

The yellow footballs Scottish football seems to have adopted all year round, looks like we're using them again. No idea why but it's annoying me.

White footballs and black football boots. Two things I'm genuinely shocked to see on a football pitch these days.

I was having a wee bottle of coke with dinner and my girlfriend asked if she could have a bit so i told her to finish the bottle. She then drank away at it and left the smallest dribble at the bottom, closed the lid then put it in the fridge. Maybe about 15 mm of fluid left.

It's a woman thing. Empty ice lolly boxes in the freezer, empty biscuit packets in the cupboard, empty milk cartons in the fridge etc.

I was having a wee bottle of coke with dinner and my girlfriend asked if she could have a bit so i told her to finish the bottle. She then drank away at it and left the smallest dribble at the bottom, closed the lid then put it in the fridge. Maybe about 15 mm of fluid left.

I'm starting to think Throbber is really Allan Bennett. These little vignettes of domestic life are too good to be left to rot on the pages of a football website.

And his girlfriend is Thora Hird! I'm seeing his posts in a whole new light now...

Just read them as Bennett but with a soft Highland edge and they take on new gravitas. 

Puts a whole new spin on wanking in a sock.

I could hear Thora muttering to herself, the way she does, in the kitchen while she curldled some whey, just as I was just getting ready to spurt my jism in a paisley sock in the observatory, as I am want to do on these lazy summer afternoons.

Edited by welshbairn