Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

On a similar subject, my OH's family have their grandparents names based on the place they live, e.g. 'Granny Elgin' rather than Granny [Surname].

She can now no longer live anywhere other than Elgin.

To be fair, if she's a denizen of Elgin, she shouldn't be allowed to live anywhere else.

2 hours ago, Jimbo Jagsfan said:

My wee granddaughter is two and is learning everyone's name.

What's mummy's name? A: Lorna

What's daddy's name? A: Karl

What's nana's name? A: Skype

This is what happens when the kid's mother keeps asking her: Do you want to Skype nana?

My oldest daughter thought my sister-in-law was called Maybe Holly, because every time she asked who was going to be at a family event, they'd say all the names and "maybe Holly" (at the time she was pregnant and not keeping well so didn't come to a lot of things).

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Fucking boxers pretending to hate each other before every fight just to sell it.

Fake as f**k. Joshua and Fury on it the now all over Twitter.

They'll be cuddling and best pals as soon as they've scooped their millions.

It's almost like the fight game is completely rigged!

49 minutes ago, Kneal Down Caster said:

When a new bar person has not been taught how to pour a pint and finds it totally acceptable to hand over a pint with a 2 inch head. Naw young man. Try again.

First world problems for this shit.  You need to find a comparison with a third world country though; preferably an amusing one with Syria.

5 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Fucking boxers pretending to hate each other before every fight just to sell it.

Fake as f**k. Joshua and Fury on it the now all over Twitter.

They'll be cuddling and best pals as soon as they've scooped their millions.

When a new bar person has not been taught how to pour a pint and finds it totally acceptable to hand over a pint with a 2 inch head. Naw young man. Try again.

If it's a Guinness or a Best or something I could understand it as they can be a nightmare to pour if you haven't been shown how, but if it's a lager the guy is best just quitting now.

28 minutes ago, Aidan said:

If it's a Guinness or a Best or something I could understand it as they can be a nightmare to pour if you haven't been shown how, but if it's a lager the guy is best just quitting now.

Peroni can be a pain in the arse in their stupid glasses, especially half pints and in warm weather.

When I was Down South recently, I was surprised by the number of times I said "a [insert beer name here] please", only to be asked "pint?".

Maybe just me, but I never seem to be asked this up here. Presumed pisshead (or just man) until half pint is specifically asked for.

Peroni can be a pain in the arse in their stupid glasses, especially half pints and in warm weather.

The Peroni glasses are designed so that you get two inches of head on them anyway. Seen folk arguing about that and how they want it filed to the top like a normal lager only to back down when you spin the glass round and show them the pint mark is exactly where you poured it too.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

When I was Down South recently, I was surprised by the number of times I said "a [insert beer name here] please", only to be asked "pint?".

Maybe just me, but I never seem to be asked this up here. Presumed pisshead (or just man) until half pint is specifically asked for.

A half is only acceptable if you over 65 and asking for 'half and a half'

12 hours ago, Kneal Down Caster said:

When you move from one bar job to another but they won't let you pour a pint during your trial shift because you haven't done licensing training with them.

12 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

First world problems for this shit.  You need to find a comparison with a third world country though;

Third world problem:

Pouring a pint of water and it looks like beer because of all the crap in it.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Anyone ordering half pints really has no cause to complain about anyone elses performance in a pub.

I was in The State Bar a few weeks ago and at the table next to us there was some Spanish tourists quite happily sitting nursing half pints of Tennents.  In the time it took them to drink theirs, my mate and I had skulled 3 pints.

They need to up their game.