Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Won't happen 'til next week but people who say Happy New Year in the last week of December......to be honest I havent heard anyone say it in person but you hear it all the time on radio and tv......particularly (maybe exclusively) English presenters and callers

2 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Won't happen 'til next week but people who say Happy New Year in the last week of December......to be honest I havent heard anyone say it in person but you hear it all the time on radio and tv......particularly (maybe exclusively) English presenters and callers

I'm interested to see how lockdown affects the length of time people will still say "Happy New Year" to people they haven't seen.

And by interested to see, I mean ready to go full Michael Douglas in Falling Down if it's anything later than about the 7th of January.

4 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Or ones who are still saying it a fortnight after it's over.

"Stripped back" (rancid patter) versions of songs. In particular the current version of Forever Young going about. Undoubtedly enjoyed by pretentious wanks who would turn their nose up at anyone who enjoys the original.

Being a classy individual, I turn my nose up at the uncultured in society who don't appreciate the Interactive happy hardcore version. Philistines the lot of them.

Wrapping presents. What's the point. Most things have packaging of their own. If not, they probably came with a carrier bag. 

I bought the wife a bottle of perfume for her birthday. It came in a box. The box was wrapped in cellophane. The orange lady in the shop gift wrapped it for me. Then put it in a branded bag. My kids insisted that the bag needed. Wrapped. Only the bottle was necessary. Five layers above that were not. 

37 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

"Stripped back" (rancid patter) versions of songs. In particular the current version of Forever Young going about. Undoubtedly enjoyed by pretentious wanks who would turn their nose up at anyone who enjoys the original.

Very rarely is an acoustic version of a song better than the original, or at least as good.

I actually can't think of any. Not Hurt before anyone says it. The original is much better, although the Cash version is not bad.

Just now, DiegoDiego said:

When someone asks you how you are and you tell them you're hungover only for the reply to be "Well you're no getting any sympathy from me!". I was simply answering your question, not asking for any fucking sympathy you wizened old hag!

Add in to this the arseholes who give you a hard time over it. f**k off you joyless p***k

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Very rarely is an acoustic version of a song better than the original, or at least as good.

I actually can't think of any. Not Hurt before anyone says it. The original is much better, although the Cash version is not bad.

I saw Alabama 3 do an unplugged set, never knew how much amplification, mixing desk and synthesiser etc could cover up a lack of musical ability. It was awful.

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Bethlehems Gate by Deacon Blue sounds much better in the piano & vocal version imo.

6 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

And while I'm here, the existence of something called "Ladbaby"

Ah yes. Them. They do lot of good charity work, but by f**k the woman is Is irratating as f**k. Stupid squeaky voice.

Just realised I've been a massive idiot. Sent my sister in NZ a kit for making Crowdie cheese for her Christmas, and slipped in an envelope stuffed with cash from our Mother. I  put "craft kit box" on the customs label as any food stuffs and cash are illegal to post. It hasn't arrived and both have likely been confiscated. The cheese kit was only worth about £20 so not too worried about that, but it was insane not sending the cash separately inside a Christmas card, just to save a couple of quid.

Edited by welshbairn