Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

What a waste of time and money. 

They'd be better off using it to find something that isn't totally mythical. 

Like Bigfoot... 

TBF they've more chance of spotting Nessie than an unbiased referee at a game involving one of the arsecheeks.

Having gotten the train quite a bit over the last few days, people who don't use headphones. Nobody wants to listen to your godawful TikTok timeline, phone call with your mate or shitey music. 

I suppose a bit more on that point, music being played over the PA in shops and what have you; then making a show about quiet hours every week. Just turn that shite off full stop, no one goes to Tesco to listen to some 1980s soft rock playlist; and certain people would feel more comfortable to go all the time.

2 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

4 schoolkids died in a crash on their way to celebrate exam results in Clonmel last night and there are reports of a private drone filming the scene to share on social media. 

This seems a new low. What is wrong with people? 

Because a lot of people are scum and it's all about the likes and comments on social media 

1 hour ago, southernrover said:

Having gotten the train quite a bit over the last few days, people who don't use headphones. Nobody wants to listen to your godawful TikTok timeline, phone call with your mate or shitey music. 

I suppose a bit more on that point, music being played over the PA in shops and what have you; then making a show about quiet hours every week. Just turn that shite off full stop, no one goes to Tesco to listen to some 1980s soft rock playlist; and certain people would feel more comfortable to go all the time.

A few weeks back, I was stuck in a break room with three guys who were all watching shite on their phones at full volume, trying to out-do each other. One was watching The Rangers highlights, another appeared to be watching Love Island. All I needed was a pitchfork up the arse and it'd have been hell.

McDonalds is the worst for piped music. A smorgasbord of bland, forgettable pop at just the right volume to encourage kids to yell above it.

28 minutes ago, BTFD said:

A few weeks back, I was stuck in a break room with three guys who were all watching shite on their phones at full volume, trying to out-do each other. One was watching The Rangers highlights, another appeared to be watching Love Island. All I needed was a pitchfork up the arse and it'd have been hell.

McDonalds is the worst for piped music. A smorgasbord of bland, forgettable pop at just the right volume to encourage kids to yell above it.

In my experience, 99% of the time being anywhere with an OF or Love Island fan is hell regardless of context. 😁 But yeah, it happens everywhere these days it seems, no matter who, what, when or where. Can't bloody esacpe it.

Your post reminds me of another mind, parents keeping the kids entertained by giving them their phone to watch some cartoon or game on full volume. 

3 hours ago, southernrover said:

I was being a grumpy old b*****d about some kids on the train with some shitey speeded up pop rap blaring out. Then i thought that 30 years ago that'd have been me blaring out some indie/ grunge mix tape. Not that that makes it acceptable but it made me a bit more sympathetic. 

Asda gets my vote for worst piped music. Specially selected and played too loud for Asda FM by a misanthropic sadist. 

I use the Facebook messenger lite app on my phone rather than the full-blown messenger app as it had less data collection requirements than the full-blown app, was smaller, and did what I needed i.e., send messages. I’ve now got an in-app pop up saying the lite app is being removed and I need to move to the full-blown app as it has more features that I’ll love. I’m sure this is just FB forcing people to use an app that tries to collect even more data from the user.  

This is either a PTTGOYN or one for the Pregnancy and Parenting thread but from about lunchtime today my 8 year old son has been trying to put an Ultimate FIFA team together via some app/website. He keeps asking me who the best RB/LB/CB/CM/GK's in the world are. 

I've now realised that my knowledge of world football is really really poor  

32 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Not making a cup of tea until after your wife's come back from the aerobics class you could have asked her to get some milk on the way back from and then realising the milk's off. 

You'll just have to go for a pint instead then.

1 hour ago, FK1Bairn said:

This is either a PTTGOYN or one for the Pregnancy and Parenting thread but from about lunchtime today my 8 year old son has been trying to put an Ultimate FIFA team together via some app/website. He keeps asking me who the best RB/LB/CB/CM/GK's in the world are. 

I've now realised that my knowledge of world football is really really poor  

Hickey/Robertson/Porteous/Gilmour/Gunn HTH

6 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Not making a cup of tea until after your wife's come back from the aerobics class you could have asked her to get some milk on the way back from and then realising the milk's off. 

Alternatively, buying milk because the last time your child wanted tea it was lumpy, only for her to not want tea anymore and the milk to go unopened for 3 days...