Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

9 hours ago, The Moonster said:

My TV and the remote have stopped talking to each other. The remote is only capable of turning the TV on and it does not respond after that. I've tried the usual turn it off and on again and no success. This led me to the manufacturers website where they kindly have a search bar for you to type in the model you have and recieve the perfect troubleshooting solution. Great. Except the model I have isn't listed. This led me to Google where kind techy websites have listed numerous clickbaity type articles which tell me a whole manner of useless things and some things I've tried before with no success (such as changing batteries). There is one thing I haven't tried which numerous sites have suggested - pairing my remote with my TV again. They all say "it's really easy" and they're right it is really easy, if your fucking remote partially works. The advice is to "go to settings"...how the f**k can I go to settings when it doesn't respond to any buttons I press and the only physical button on the TV is the fucking power button?

Heads gone imminent. 

This happened to me, turned out the remote could also be used for something else, if there is a button on the remote labelled TV press that and it works.

18 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Sitting in a busy bar the other night, a member of staff drops a couple of glasses which smash on the floor and the seemingly automatic 'WAAAAY!' response goes up from a few pissed arseholes.

People who do this should be given lifetime bans from drinking establishments.

^^^^^ Fun police

On 23/11/2023 at 14:40, Zetterlund said:

Sitting in a busy bar the other night, a member of staff drops a couple of glasses which smash on the floor and the seemingly automatic 'WAAAAY!' response goes up from a few pissed arseholes.

People who do this should be given lifetime bans from drinking establishments.

There was a recent advert that listed that as one of the things that makes you quintessentially British. Sorry, BRITTISH!!!

It's amazing how many foreign-owned businesses have been desperate to define BRIITTISH!ness over the past seven years. Most of it seems shite to me, so I must be ONE OF THEM.

On 23/11/2023 at 20:05, 101 said:

This happened to me, turned out the remote could also be used for something else

@throbber - you must be thrilled by your apparent influence.

38 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

People who walk along busy streets having video calls with friends/family and stop in front of you then stare as if it's your fault you've walked into them. 

Also people who insist on having confidential work calls on busy trains. 

Some people used to do the former even before mobiles, especially in groups - they'd just walk towards you and stand in slack-jawed amazement that you wouldn't automatically walk on the road so they didn't have to break stride. Presumably the same folk.

In needs to become acceptable to join in when someone decides to have a public conversation on speakerphone.

"Hi, I can't come in to work today; I think I've got the flu-"
"WHAT? YOU'RE DOING THE WALK OF SHAME IN YOUR CLUBWARE AND LOOK HUNGOVER TO f**k...oh, sorry, you weren't talking to us?"

1 minute ago, BigBo10 said:

Footballers who can’t wear their socks properly. Just below the knee is where they go. Not on the thighs or half way up the calf. 

Quite agree. There's no excuse for dressing up animals.

worlds-smallest-cow-lil-bill.jpeg

The failure of TV subtitles to accurately reflect the spoken word. Today, I have learned about the number of politicians (Palestinians) killed in Gaza  and that there is a political issue concerning the number of maggots (migrants) entering the United Kingdom. We do live in a dystopian society, but f**k knows what the hard-of-hearing make of what is, apparently, going on. 

45 minutes ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

The failure of TV subtitles to accurately reflect the spoken word. Today, I have learned about the number of politicians (Palestinians) killed in Gaza  and that there is a political issue concerning the number of maggots (migrants) entering the United Kingdom. We do live in a dystopian society, but f**k knows what the hard-of-hearing make of what is, apparently, going on. 

Maggots is a new one, but still plausible - migrants are normally compared to rodents, as I recall.

6 hours ago, BigBo10 said:

Footballers who can’t wear their socks properly. Just below the knee is where they go. Not on the thighs or half way up the calf. 

Also the sudden explosion of players with crudely cut holes in the back of them (to relieve pressure and reduce chance of cramp, apparently). Looks fucking terrible. Why has this become such an issue all of a sudden, and if it is, surely manufacturers could have easily come up with a design change to save the players b*****dising them themselves?.

10 hours ago, BigBo10 said:

Add in tiny shin pads and my heads gone 

image.jpeg.fc3bc682c6baff5c5054b41e0627a6cf.jpeg

Half decent sock placement in fairness 

9 hours ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

Subtitles from Microsoft are often funny. 

One colleague of mine in a Teams call gave his name. The transcript listed it as Green Balls. 

10 hours ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

That's understandable when it's a live show but there's no excuse for a scripted programme. Clearly the people doing the subtitles haven't been allowed to see the script.