Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

21 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Watching BBC news and seeing a pretty detailed roundup of American Football matches. ("Superbowl" "football", not real football.)

21 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Why does this annoy you? The NFL has a pretty big following here these days, it’s newsworthy stuff for a lot of people. 

Possibly extra annoying as the BBC completely ignore it for 11.5 months a year, but as the only game of the year they show live is the Superbowl  better start the build up like its important.

1 hour ago, MEADOWXI said:

Possibly extra annoying as the BBC completely ignore it for 11.5 months a year, but as the only game of the year they show live is the Superbowl  better start the build up like its important.

They don't even get a bowl, let alone a super one. 

2 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

It's part of the creeping Americanisation.

Seasons instead of series

Fake American accents amongst young people

Ass instead of arse

Shelves of American shite in supermarkets

Referring to the US president as the leader of the free world (that's not even petty)

4 minutes ago, Artemis said:

The over use of “across”.
An example is “Train fares are increasing across Scotland”. What’s wrong with saying “in”? 
”Impacted” is another one that you didn’t see that much before but has now almost completely replaced “affected”.

Given I can never the difference between affected and effected, I see that as a good thing. 

Shoes / Trainers / Boots that have the tongue integrated into the shoe themselves making it nigh on impossible to get your foot into it in the first place!  Bought a set of hush puppies walking trainers as my last pair are now scraping the hell out of my heals when i walk for any legnth of time and they've integrated the bloody tongue to the shoe now.  Comfy as hell once your foots in there but christ almighty its a hassle to get it in there!

On 21/01/2024 at 14:29, TheScarf said:

I watched about 10 minutes of an episode the other day and had to switch over to something else. Utter horseshit. TV for the lowest common denominator.

You got further than me. I can't stand Winkleman.

On 21/01/2024 at 17:40, Cosmic Joe said:

The c***s completely ignore the Challenge Cup.

Which is normally fine by me as Raith Rovers tend to win the fucker.

I thought that finished years ago, right after the SPFL issued an invite to the hurling ladies champions' B team.

And they weren't interested.

4 hours ago, Artemis said:

The over use of “across”.
An example is “Train fares are increasing across Scotland”. What’s wrong with saying “in”?

Maybe the implication is that it's not just going to be the teuchters who pay more, but nice normal urbanites too!  :o

I've woke up from a nap and I've obviously been dreaming about Raith getting knocked out of Eurppe or something because I have Bob Marlel No woman, no cry tune stuck in my head but the voice keeps singing No Europe, No Fife.

Just now, Derry Alli said:

I've woke up from a nap and I've obviously been dreaming about Raith getting knocked out of Eurppe or something because I have Bob Marlel No woman, no cry tune stuck in my head but the voice keeps singing No Europe, No Fife.

Don't worry.

10 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Raith qualifying for Europe was the bad dream to end all bad dreams.

Maybe it was just a bad dream?

Pass me that spliff Bob.

NINTCHDBPICT000750971185.jpg

18 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

It's part of the creeping Americanisation.

Seasons instead of series

Fake American accents amongst young people

Ass instead of arse

Shelves of American shite in supermarkets

Referring to the US president as the leader of the free world (that's not even petty)

Mom instead of mum

On 19/01/2024 at 09:21, JamesP_81 said:

On a par with the person in front of you at a cash machine deciding that they're doing a full accounts audit. 

Excellent description. I saw a video the other week of someone who filmed people waiting patiently then very impatiently at an ATM behind a fully dressed mannequin at the keyboard doing fcuk all. 

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Nor I but she is only on it sporadically and the programme is gid.

I think the funny aspect is when a contestant thinks he/she is doing really well, but then others are pointing the finger at them behind his/her back.

If there was a footballer version, Sam Lammers comes to mind.

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

Excellent description. I saw a video the other week of someone who filmed people waiting patiently then very impatiently at an ATM behind a fully dressed mannequin at the keyboard doing fcuk all. 

Fuxake.........Don't you know that ATM stands for 'A Tailor's Mannequin'  ?

6 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Fuxake.........Don't you know that ATM stands for 'A Tailor's Mannequin'  ?

Depends on the website you're visiting.

So a friend tells me.