Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

40 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Why have Newcastle changed the back of their shirts?

All season they've had full stripes on the back and now they only feature on the bottom third.

The shirt today has a different shirt ‘sponsor’ as the game is centred around a partnership with the RNID. The mascots at the game today are all deaf, or have hearing issues. There’s some sort of ‘haptic’ thing going on that allows deaf fans to hear the crowd noise. I have no idea how that works. To accomodate this one-off RNID thing, it looks like they’ve used their European shirt to do it with. That one has to have a patch on the back for UEFA rules.

I learned this during the week when using my iPhone. 😎

There are multiple bins on the train, far more frequently than on a street (exponentially more), yet lazy, stinking p***ks do this:

20240413_192737.thumb.jpg.a51d1727f35251414404e319ba068b0b.jpg

Even back in our younger, dickhead days, me and my pals always cleaned up after ourselves, be it trains, buses or friends' houses/flats/apartments/etc. We never had to tell each other to not be an arsehole in terms of litter as litter was anathema to us all.

Edited by DA Baracus

Me and my pals have been plenty messy in terms of carry outs and takeaways, but we always cleaned up after ourselves, and it was just what we did. It wasn't ever something we had to be telt to do or something we didn't want to do. 

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Me and my pals have been plenty messy in terms of carry outs and takeaways, but we always cleaned up after ourselves, and it was just what we did. It wasn't ever something we had to be telt to do or something we didn't want to do. 

try telling folk to do things these days like "clean up that litter", "don't cycle on the pavement", "defend corners", "don't vote Tory" and you get 

someoneelse.jpg.ce1b478e770641c15a75b55b54129923.jpg

Got an email from Chargeplace Scotland on 10th April saying that their payment provider is changing on 15th April and I need to update my payment details by 15th April otherwise I will be blocked from using the network and I won't be able to charge the car. The website is down, and apparently has been for 3 days, so not possible to get onto my account. I love it when you get so much notice of change. Thankfully I charge at home, and haven't needed to use the network for a couple of years.

20 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

There are multiple bins on the train, far more frequently than on a street (exponentially more), yet lazy, stinking p***ks do this:

I was on a train the other week and took my litter with me so it could be placed into the appropriate bins for recycling (which there aren't on the trains themselves) only to find out Waverley has no bins. What's that all about?

30 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I was on a train the other week and took my litter with me so it could be placed into the appropriate bins for recycling (which there aren't on the trains themselves) only to find out Waverley has no bins. What's that all about?

Blame Celtic for that one. Or the IRA. Same thing. 

35 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Glasgow Central hasn't had any for eons. Didn't they get taken out after Al-Qaida bombed that train in Spain however many years ago?

9 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Glasgow Central hasn't had any for eons. Didn't they get taken out after Al-Qaida bombed that train in Spain however many years ago?

Queen Street definitely has them on the platforms, as does Stirling.

21 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

You're getting into boomer "in my day" territory here, I'm afraid. I remember using the trains in the early Nineties and they were fucking filthy; folk just left their shite at their arse all the time, and they weren't cleaned as often either (the people or the trains), although I'd guess that was due to funding being cut in preparation for privatisation.

This was in the south of England though, so I'm prepared to believe Fifers were more civilised on this occasion.

20 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

Got an email from Chargeplace Scotland on 10th April saying that their payment provider is changing on 15th April and I need to update my payment details by 15th April otherwise I will be blocked from using the network and I won't be able to charge the car. The website is down, and apparently has been for 3 days, so not possible to get onto my account. I love it when you get so much notice of change. Thankfully I charge at home, and haven't needed to use the network for a couple of years.

Your post reminded me to check and their site was still down so I sent a snarky email.  Fair play to them, got an apologetic reply and the website's back up. 

On 13/04/2024 at 19:37, DA Baracus said:

20240413_192737.thumb.jpg.a51d1727f35251414404e319ba068b0b.jpg

Even back in our younger, dickhead days, me and my pals always cleaned up after ourselves, be it trains, buses or friends' houses/flats/apartments/etc. We never had to tell each other to not be an arsehole in terms of litter as litter was anathema to us all.

Is that a purse under the seat? How much did you get?

4 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

I was on a train the other week and took my litter with me 

Me too. I take bags of rubbish on the train and leave them for others to clean up.

Walking through trains when stabling them at the end of the night (especially at weekends, obvs), it is honestly incredible the nick they are routinely left in, it really would blow your mind. There's no excuse, some people really are just animals. 

Edited by 'WellDel

Sky's coverage of the Masters for the admittedly pedantic inconsistency involving the circle in the Å, where it is detached from the A in the bottom-right scoreboard but attached to it when the banner for Åberg pops up.

41 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Walking through trains when stabling them at the end of the night (especially at weekends, obvs), it is honestly incredible the nick they are routinely left in, it really would blow your mind. There's no excuse, some people really are just animals. 

Putting aside the situations like in DA's pictures, which is brainless spite, there are a surprising number of people who are quite comfortable with the idea that there should always be someone coming along behind them to clear up their mess.

I'd frequently get the last train up to Aberdeen on a Sunday and the absolute state of the thing by the time it passed Edinburgh (can't mind if it was Virgin or LNER, but think of the waste built up from the various tinks between there and London) was beyond grim.

ETA: part of me thinks that the guard f***ed off at Edinburgh.  Don't think I ever got my return ticket stamped on that service, and the station barriers were left open by the time you got into Aberdeen (hence why it was worthwhile getting the Litterzug, so the next trip needed a single rather than a return, more than paying for the extra pints).  

Edited by Hedgecutter