Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

15 hours ago, coprolite said:

I’m continually amazed by the number of posters, who I assume to be adults, who eat white bread. At least you’ve outgrown rusks I suppose.

I mostly eat bread that isn't white, I do enjoy the occasional Warburtons toastie loaf though.

On 04/04/2024 at 15:36, TxRover said:

Tell me you’re dealing with DHL without telling me you’re dealing with DHL?

HOLD THE FRONT PAGE!

DHL has invented time travel!😳 This morning I received an email which includes the following...

"Your parcel is due to be delivered on Thursday 04th April 2024"

I'll maybe send them a list of things their time machine might sort out after they've delivered my fekkin order.  Or maybe before they deliver my parcel, who knows?

17 hours ago, coprolite said:

I’m continually amazed by the number of posters, who I assume to be adults, who eat white bread. At least you’ve outgrown rusks I suppose.

290157011_0_150x150.jpg?identifier=f8f3a

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

We've not had a plethora of Simpsons memes to any meltdowns or happenings in a long time.

KYjfdHO6JydzS58bBgq1Nv1s0zo=.gif

ETA: @Stellaboz, you might get your wish depending on the result of the next pitch inspection at Dens...

Edited by Mark Connolly

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

HOLD THE FRONT PAGE!

DHL has invented time travel!😳 This morning I received an email which includes the following...

"Your parcel is due to be delivered on Thursday 04th April 2024"

I'll maybe send them a list of things their time machine might sort out after they've delivered my fekkin order.  Or maybe before they deliver my parcel, who knows?

DHL ripped me off some years ago. I was notified that a parcel was due to be delivered but as I was still working then I couldn't be in to receive it, so arranged for it to be delivered to my neighbour. Never arrived and as he couldn't be at home the next day I had to book a Saturday delivery, for which they charged me an excess fee. c***s.

The bank app telling me I could reduce my carbon footprint by buying second hand clothes. c***s using private jets isn’t what’s important, it’s buying used clothes that will stop climate change. Right enough 

Couple of football related ones:

1. Folk who are relentlessly negative throughout a game, even when their team are winning.

2. Tinpot clubs who run out of hot food. Should be a points deduction for such behaviour.

On 31/03/2024 at 20:45, scottsdad said:

You guarded trains?

From what? Do folk steal them?

One of my pals after a Christmas do got nicked by BTP at Glasgow Central trying to take an empty train home as he’d missed the last one running. 😂 

On 06/04/2024 at 06:57, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Old dippit c***s. The same fuckers who stop in doorways or across Isles to blether then tut when you sat excuse me.

Hands across the sea.

8 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

How the f**k did he get into the control cab?

He has a very particular set of skills, skills he acquired over a very long career. Skills that make him a nightmare for people like you and I.

I’ll ask him next time I see him. It ended up in court IIRC. I think due to our (ahem 🤫 ) employer at the time it was laughed out of court. 

Daft cnut.

The  ‘shuffle’ feature for music you have on your devices these days. I’m currently using an app’ called Evermusic, and it is excellent for ease of use, organising playlists, has an excelkent EQ feature… blah blah. However, you’re on a long flight, or whatever sees you listening to your choons, and ‘shuffle’ (even though I have 17,000 plus songs on my iPhone), sees a song by the same artist pop up pretty regularly. To the point where you think ‘this isn’t really shuffling’…. All music playback apps’ I’ve used does the same thing. I read somewhere that the shuffle feature in all music apps’ works like this - say you have 17000 songs, you hit shuffle. The app plays ‘Song 1’, then it effectively ‘starts afresh’ by thinking there’s now 16999 songs to shuffle from. So it cannot take into account anything it has already played. After ‘Song 2’, it once more ‘shuffles afresh’ from a choice of 16998 songs, and so on.

I read somewhere that ‘boffins’ are working on these types of apps’ to make them take into account what they’ve already played, and to be more humanlike. In that we think, if you’ve got 17000 songs, and you’ve played one by Foo Fighters, I won’t expect another Foo Fighters song for a good while.

Was going to post this as a new thread somewhere, to see if any P&B ‘boffins’ are ITK about AI and this important work being undertaken by worldwide boffins.

Get it sorted. Etc. 😎

Edited by pozbaird