Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Grand-daughter has toast with Nutella and bacon.

The deal with babysitting is we return them alive. I'm not there to help with lifestyle choices.

I had chocolate covered bacon in Atlantic City a few years ago, the first and only time I've tried it. It looked as it tasted, crap. 

2 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

I had chocolate covered bacon in Atlantic City a few years ago, the first and only time I've tried it. It looked as it tasted, crap. 

I've not been tempted to try it, I'll happily take your word for it.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

If a pedestrian has stepped onto the road before the car has (eg. before the car turns into the street) they've always (pedestrian) had right of way. If that's what happened I wouldn't have complained. But I pulled out my space slowly, she then stepped onto the road in front of my car meaning I had to brake, and the cow gave me a look like I was the fuckwit. 

She was at that slightly pre-OAP age which as we all know are the most entitled c***s in our society, so I wasn't really shocked tbh. 

The undernoted advice would seem to be at odds with your understanding ... 

you should give way to pedestrians crossing or waiting to cross a road into which or from which you are turning.”

From January 2022 a pedestrian waiting to cross should be given priority. Previously, drivers were told to give way to pedestrians if they ‘have started crossing and traffic wants to turn into the road’. The change also appears in the revised Rule 170.

Rule H2 also advises drivers on pedestrian priority at zebra crossings. Rule 195 goes into more detail and tells us that drivers:

MUST give way when a pedestrian has moved onto a crossing
SHOULD give way when a pedestrian is waiting to cross

When we were getting French in 1st/2nd Year, our teacher told us French kids put chocolate on baguettes. When my family took their first ever foreign holiday when I was 14, I remembered this and made a beeline for a supermarket (Supermarche).

A bar of Dairy Milk on a buttered roll isn't the foreign delicacy she made it out to be. 

Just now, sophia said:

The undernoted advice would seem to be at odds with your understanding ... 

you should give way to pedestrians crossing or waiting to cross a road into which or from which you are turning.”

From January 2022 a pedestrian waiting to cross should be given priority. Previously, drivers were told to give way to pedestrians if they ‘have started crossing and traffic wants to turn into the road’. The change also appears in the revised Rule 170.

Rule H2 also advises drivers on pedestrian priority at zebra crossings. Rule 195 goes into more detail and tells us that drivers:

MUST give way when a pedestrian has moved onto a crossing
SHOULD give way when a pedestrian is waiting to cross

She wasn't waiting to cross. I moved my car out the space and as I was moving so slowly she decided to walk onto the road in front of the car. Waiting to cross and walking onto a road when cars are already moving towards you are two different things. 

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

She wasn't waiting to cross. I moved my car out the space and as I was moving so slowly she decided to walk onto the road in front of the car. Waiting to cross and walking onto a road when cars are already moving towards you are two different things. 

Aye OK but you are a young man and she isn't, whatever the letter of the law as you see it, there is a way to behave that makes for a more civilised day

1 minute ago, sophia said:

Aye OK but you are a young man and she isn't, whatever the letter of the law as you see it, there is a way to behave that makes for a more civilised day

Get tae f**k :lol:

1 hour ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

The growing popularity of the term "in my wheelhouse". I think it means "within my competence, my sphere of knowledge", but it irks me more than  it should. I had assumed that the metaphor was meant to describe a Para Handy-like character demonstrating his mastery of the Vital Spark. However, it may be even more annoying; Google suggests that it may originate from baseball and refers to a pitch within the batter's reach.

You should write to the government about this. Maybe try this guy.

https://www.parliament.scot/msps/current-and-previous-msps/paul-wheelhouse

51 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Should have ploughed into her and said your accelerator got stuck. 

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Get tae f**k :lol:

Tbf given this thread is about petty things your story definitely belongs. You definitely showed her by yelling at her though.

And yes, I am one of those cvnts who walks slowly down the centre of supermarket car parks. You've reminded me why I love it so much. I'm going to BnQ later to buy garden canes. I'll make sure to carry them like I'm a tightrope walker too 😎.

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Tbf given this thread is about petty things your story definitely belongs. You definitely showed her by yelling at her though.

And yes, I am one of those cvnts who walks slowly down the centre of supermarket car parks. You've reminded me why I love it so much. I'm going to BnQ later to buy garden canes. I'll make sure to carry them like I'm a tightrope walker too 😎.

Which BnQ and at what time? Asking for a friend...

On 01/04/2024 at 15:20, philpy said:

Idiots that walk right in the middle of a supermarket car park, completely unaware of the fact there is a car behind them. Get on a path you fucking morons!!

I don't know the layout of the particular car park you're on about, but many are designed without a real thought for pedestrian movement, including drivers trying to get to their car. There's no way in this example to get to/from your car without walking on the road.

image.png.a472269f9018735307fc74c62d7c189e.png

26 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I don't know the layout of the particular car park you're on about, but many are designed without a real thought for pedestrian movement, including drivers trying to get to their car. There's no way in this example to get to/from your car without walking on the road.

Not to mention the utter c***s who 'have to' park their SUV as close to the door as possible.  I always slowly meander in front of them.

22 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Not to mention the utter c***s who 'have to' park their SUV as close to the door as possible.  I always slowly meander in front of them.

Went to the garden centre on Saturday. Big spaces, lots of paths...but still people parked across multiple spaces.

As we walked in, one woman parked in 2 spaces. The wife just laughed at her, genuinely gutting herself. Pointing, the lot. I wanted the ground to swallow me up. The woman went back to her car, reversed out and found a new space.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

There's still room for someone to walk and a car to pass though. I assume @philpy means the idiots who would quite happily walk near or on the white lines. 

Edited by 19QOS19

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Went to the garden centre on Saturday. Big spaces, lots of paths...but still people parked across multiple spaces.

As we walked in, one woman parked in 2 spaces. The wife just laughed at her, genuinely gutting herself. Pointing, the lot. I wanted the ground to swallow me up. The woman went back to her car, reversed out and found a new space.

I love your wife