Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 hours ago, velo army said:

Literally hvns without the bus fare?

Tsk....I hope you don't receive the same message I got from Dufresne when I used the 'h' word last year. This might let us see the consistency or otherwise of Div's ridiculous 'I can't offend Sevco' policy.

Warning issued by Andy Dufresne

February 12, 2023

Penalty

• Given 1 point which will never expire.

Note for member

You have been on this site long enough to know why the word filter is in place,do not post the term Hu n again/

15 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I know it's Scotland, I know it's March, I know I should be used to this shite having lived here for 50+ years but can't it just get above 8 degrees for a couple of days? I want taps aff weather to enjoy the spring flowers, not this miserable wet crap. 

My car shows that ice symbol on the dashboard if its 4 degrees or lower and I swear it's been on everyday for about 8 months. 

2 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Tsk....I hope you don't receive the same message I got from Dufresne when I used the 'h' word last year. This might let us see the consistency or otherwise of Div's ridiculous 'I can't offend Sevco' policy.

February 12, 2023

Penalty

Note for member

You have been on this site long enough to know why the word filter is in place,do not post the term Hu n again/

Randall Weems - Loathsome Characters Wiki

18 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

February 12, 2023

Penalty

Note for member

More likely to get it in the neck from the historians on here who'll tell me that it was the Visigoths and not the Hvns who sacked Rome in 410.

I got my only warning for coining the Soccer Guy Facebook account and referring to Alfredo Morelos as f3nian Fred. (I haven't checked that FB account in ages but it was pretty funny).

Thought my phone battery was fucked. For some reason it was draining really quickly today. Tried shutting down everything and putting on battery saver.

Didn't work. Actually turned my phone off, thinking that I'd be OK when I turned it back on.

I was half right. When I turned it back on the battery had drained even more somehow.

Turns out it was the the Google app that has your match ticket in it, and that it has been sucking huge battery life ever since I first bought my ticket yesterday.

I managed to force stop it and the battery life returned to normal. I watched circa 90 minutes of a film on the train home, with the brightness turned up almost to full, and it didn't even drain 10%.

On 21/03/2024 at 21:51, buchan30 said:

Wireless printers. Useless fucking lazy articles that can f**k right off. Print when they want to, and don’t offer up any reason as to why they are not.

𝖇𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖐 𝖘𝖆𝖇𝖇𝖆𝖙𝖍 𝖔𝖓𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖊 on X: "Rage Against The Machine  never specified what type of machine they were furious with, but I reckon  it was probably a printer. https://t.co/jDTf3RucZb" / X

On 22/03/2024 at 19:46, Bully Wee Villa said:

I don't know what theme that is but it certainly doesn't look very Motherwell-y.

It's possible you have an old theme which hasn't copied over properly. Try scrolling down to bottom of screen, click "Theme", and make sure you have latest Motherwell theme (or one of the P&B defaults if you prefer).

Had an account for 2 years and this is how I learn you can change the theme. Was originally the default but is now very Motherwell-y!

17 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

February 12, 2023

Penalty

Note for member

That's pathetic 😂

11 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

𝖇𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖐 𝖘𝖆𝖇𝖇𝖆𝖙𝖍 𝖔𝖓𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖊 on X: "Rage Against The Machine  never specified what type of machine they were furious with, but I reckon  it was probably a printer. https://t.co/jDTf3RucZb" / X

Had an account for 2 years and this is how I learn you can change the theme. Was originally the default but is now very Motherwell-y!

You my friend are a legend. Just converted mines to the Raith background. Didn’t know this was an option and i have been here about 10 years.

11 hours ago, tinkerbelle said:

Almost every car advert stating in the small print that the car shown is not to uk speciations!

Along the same lines, ads for computer games which say 'Not actual game footage'.

On the subject of adverts, is it just me, or are the adverts now on TV for men’s incontinence pants a new thing? I don’t remember seeing adverts for anything other than ‘Tena Lady’ pants until now. Again, maybe just me, but every time I come across the advert for ‘Tena Bloke’ pants, only one thing comes into my mind - the audience with Billy Connolly routine. 

By the way, anyone know if ‘Tena Bloke’ pants are good? I’m still having flashbacks to 5-2 at Rugby Park. Might need to invest in a pack of those bad boys.

6 hours ago, buchan30 said:

You my friend are a legend. Just converted mines to the Raith background. Didn’t know this was an option and i have been here about 10 years.

Nah, full credit goes to @Bully Wee Villa who mentioned the possibility a few pages ago.
As a side note, loving the updated colours but the background image placing can take a bit of getting used to on the Motherwell one at least lol.

If you are stupid and selfish enough to believe a public beauty spot had some inherently special significance to your loved one to the extent you feel an appropriate way to mark that is to throw 3.50 worth of flowers in the Tesco basket along with the weekly shop to leave there, please at least take the plastic off.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

If you are stupid and selfish enough to believe a public beauty spot had some inherently special significance to your loved one to the extent you feel an appropriate way to mark that is to throw 3.50 worth of flowers in the Tesco basket along with the weekly shop to leave there, please at least take the plastic off.

Could be worse. The flowers could be (and usually are) accompanied by a tatty Old Firm jersey tied to a fence.

13 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Could be worse. The flowers could be (and usually are) accompanied by a tatty Old Firm jersey tied to a fence.

I mind I lived on a rather down-market street in Clydebank and a boy up the street died in Greenock jail.

The usual flowers, teddies n sellic taps tied to the fence outside his Maws hoose. Were there for months, any time the council workers tried to tidy it up, they got chased off. 

24 minutes ago, Peil said:

I mind I lived on a rather down-market street in Clydebank

Or "a street in Clydebank" as it's more commonly known.