Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 hours ago, Peil said:

I mind I lived on a rather down-market street in Clydebank and a boy up the street died in Greenock jail.

The usual flowers, teddies n sellic taps tied to the fence outside his Maws hoose. Were there for months, any time the council workers tried to tidy it up, they got chased off. 

Hardest "where am I?" post ever.

On 23/03/2024 at 14:53, Florentine_Pogen said:

Tsk....I hope you don't receive the same message I got from Dufresne when I used the 'h' word last year. This might let us see the consistency or otherwise of Div's ridiculous 'I can't offend Sevco' policy.

Warning issued by Andy Dufresne

February 12, 2023

Penalty

• Given 1 point which will never expire.

Note for member

You have been on this site long enough to know why the word filter is in place,do not post the term Hu n again/

Get him reported to a different mod for bypassing the word filter in your warning.

89c.gif

On 24/03/2024 at 10:10, GordonD said:

Along the same lines, ads for computer games which say 'Not actual game footage'.

They should do this for other media. CGI trailer for a new Marvel film that's actually acted out with fingerpuppets, or a Jeffrey Archer novel that turns out not to have been plagiarised from a child's scribbling pad.

23 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

If you are stupid and selfish enough to believe a public beauty spot had some inherently special significance to your loved one to the extent you feel an appropriate way to mark that is to throw 3.50 worth of flowers in the Tesco basket along with the weekly shop to leave there, please at least take the plastic off.

There's one of these along the canal from us which I have to stop our male dog from pissing on every time we pass.

11 hours ago, GordonD said:

Or "a street in Clydebank" as it's more commonly known.

Even for there it was rough. Had a boy come out with a chainsaw one night and try chopping a tree down, on the pavement, around 7 on a summer's evening when weans were running about

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

The prevalence of the phrase "*checks notes*" . Absolutely shite patter which I've read on here 3 times today already. 

Well I have read it on here today *checks notes* 5 times today.

On 24/03/2024 at 17:57, invergowrie arab said:

If you are stupid and selfish enough to believe a public beauty spot had some inherently special significance to your loved one to the extent you feel an appropriate way to mark that is to throw 3.50 worth of flowers in the Tesco basket along with the weekly shop to leave there, please at least take the plastic off.

I've always insisted that if I was to die in a car crash then, rather than flowers, I want a sign put up saying "Don't be a c*nt when driving" as it might be of some practical use. 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

I've always insisted that if I was to die in a car crash then, rather than flowers, I want a sign put up saying "Don't be a c*nt when driving" as it might be of some practical use. 

In Georgia, many people take a shot when they pass one of those shrines on a serpentine road, which seems very apt seeing that's probably what caused the person's death in the first place.

13 hours ago, Peil said:

Even for there it was rough. Had a boy come out with a chainsaw one night and try chopping a tree down, on the pavement, around 7 on a summer's evening when weans were running about

Left Clydebank to be nearer to Hadrian’s Wall did he?

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Left Clydebank to be nearer to Hadrian’s Wall did he?

I believe he left to avoid ending up in a grave.

Was the son mentioned in this cheery story. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/family-from-hell-jailed-for-41-years-1041937

His dad started across the road with the granny, I got up st Paddy's day 2002 to see the largest tricolour I've ever seen hanging out the upstairs living room window and going down over the neighbours window to the ground 😂

Edited by Peil

5 minutes ago, Peil said:

I believe he left to avoid ending up in a grave.

Was the son mentioned in this cheery story. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/family-from-hell-jailed-for-41-years-1041937

His dad started across the road with the granny, I got up st Paddy's day 2002 to see the largest tricolour I've ever seen hanging out the upstairs living room window and going down over the neighbours window to the ground 😂

Lovely story, they sound like a nice family, I don’t see the problem, etc… This bit stood out…. Sellik Tap, surely.

The heat from the blaze was so intense it melted the Celtic top he was wearing.

10 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

In Georgia, many people take a shot when they pass one of those shrines on a serpentine road, which seems very apt seeing that's probably what caused the person's death in the first place.

I found this comment strangely ambiguous. Is the location in the USA or Eastern Europe, and does it involve firing off an in memoriam round or raising a glass to the departed? All permutations seem equally likely.

15 minutes ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

I found this comment strangely ambiguous. Is the location in the USA or Eastern Europe, and does it involve firing off an in memoriam round or raising a glass to the departed? All permutations seem equally likely.

The Caucasian republic and a glass of chacha.

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

The heat from the blaze was so intense it melted the Celtic top he was wearing.

To be fair most Celtic tops are so manky that sticking them in the washing machine does no good. Disposal by fire is the best option.

1 hour ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

The Caucasian republic and a glass of chacha.

Think many in the US would love to be able to call it America - The Caucasian Republic

A new slogan for the KKK

On 21/03/2024 at 21:51, buchan30 said:

Wireless printers. Useless fucking lazy articles that can f**k right off. Print when they want to, and don’t offer up any reason as to why they are not.

I've had one for over six years. Absolutely no issues with it.

14 hours ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

I figured Eastern Europe because the only time an American would have ever heard ‘serpentine’ would be Axl Rose talking about his cock in Welcome To The Jungle.