Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

24 minutes ago, Sugar_Army said:

Holiday insurance.

I had a worldwide policy with Post Office which runs out in August, think it cost me around £100.

I had a stroke on 31st Dec in Poland.  Post Office new all this coz I informed them and their medical team eventually had to repatriate me.

So, I called them yesterday to see if my policy had changed as I wanted to go to Portugal in April/May. 

Woman told me that my change of policy (as apparently I was officially informing them I had had a stroke) would cost me an extra £738 until August.

They said I can leave it but I would not be insured for anything that could be stroke related.

They also said that I could claim my Germany trip with my mate for the Euros, (which I had booked before my stroke and I will be well enough to go.  It would have left my mate in the lurch if I cancelled).

Or I could cancel my policy and I would get the money balance of a refund on my unused policy until August.

So I did a bit of shopping around and could get a Europe only policy for a year with Admiral (with my stroke/health issues noted) for £120-£170 depending on policy.

So I called them back asking if they changed my policy to Europe only from now until August how much, if anything would it cost.

The guy said, not only were they unable to change my policy, if I closed my policy (and took the remaining money) it would also close my claim for my expenses I was claiming for (in Poland, about £200 for meds, £3000 for medical treatment and over £500 I had shelled out for my trip to Peru that i purchased 5 days before my stoke). 

He said my policy must remain open for any claim you have submitted to remain live.

If he had not told me I would have no idea.  The woman had said nothing earlier.

I just hope my claim is settled before August.  They said they have received the relevant paperwork.

Upshot is, I have a new year long policy that has my stroke notified on it for £154 and will leave my policy open so my claim is live.  As for the £728...chancers!

Fucking dicks, to be fair they’ve got a lot of compo to pay out to former postmasters / mistresses because previously the PO were....... fucking dicks! 

Just got an email regarding my claim.  Post Office are asking for something from doctor in Poland that shows what I was treated for and the itinerary for my flight to Peru showing cost/breakdown such as tax etc.

Ignoring the fact they specifically  confirmed yesterday I had sent exactly that last week and did not have to send anything more!

They also want to speak to me.  They could also have dine that when I phoned the twice but so many depts.  Left hand does not know what right hand is doing.

You are right about what they did with postmasters.  If the government had not been involved in the cover-up and it had been a small local company they would have had jail time long ago!

I went with Post Office car insurance once because they were cheapest on a comparison site and they were terrible, kept on loading on extra charges after they'd agreed a price and then stung me for cancelling it. Nothing like what @Sugar_Army 's going through though, the utter c***s. 

Sounds like you had a bad experience too.  Charlatans.  Never even tried to sell me a new European only policy at a price that i had told them I can see it online for.  They just could not be bothered.  Must be told to not deviate from the script.

At least it is confirmed Germany is a goer, no tickets but have to get my German trains sorted.  If I see you in Germany Welshbairn I will buy you a drink.

10 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Good to see you still getting about and enjoying life @Sugar_Army, long may it continue big fella!

Cheers mate.

Not letting it get me down and there are plenty worse off than me.  I have told everybody the worst thing they can do is wrap me up in cotton wool.  In fact I am the first to rip the pish out of me about my condition.

My mate said to me when  told him, "I stagger with a stick like a man who is drunk and has a shit in his pants".  His reply was, "well no change there and you will fit right in in Dundee".

And the other night I fell on the gravel in my mates drive.  The first thing she and my gf did was to look at her security cam to have a laugh.🤣

The wimmenfolk in my work seem to be able to get GP appointments no problem. 

It seems to be for me "FOAD and don't bother us"

I'll have Spike's epitaph on my tombstone "I told them I was ill" 

8 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

Holiday insurance.

I had a worldwide policy with Post Office which runs out in August, think it cost me around £100.

I had a stroke on 31st Dec in Poland.  Post Office new all this coz I informed them and their medical team eventually had to repatriate me.

So, I called them yesterday to see if my policy had changed as I wanted to go to Portugal in April/May. 

Woman told me that my change of policy (as apparently I was officially informing them I had had a stroke) would cost me an extra £738 until August.

They said I can leave it but I would not be insured for anything that could be stroke related.

They also said that I could claim my Germany trip with my mate for the Euros, (which I had booked before my stroke and I will be well enough to go.  It would have left my mate in the lurch if I cancelled).

Or I could cancel my policy and I would get the money balance of a refund on my unused policy until August.

So I did a bit of shopping around and could get a Europe only policy for a year with Admiral (with my stroke/health issues noted) for £120-£170 depending on policy.

So I called them back asking if they changed my policy to Europe only from now until August how much, if anything would it cost.

The guy said, not only were they unable to change my policy, if I closed my policy (and took the remaining money) it would also close my claim for my expenses I was claiming for (in Poland, about £200 for meds, £3000 for medical treatment and over £500 I had shelled out for my trip to Peru that i purchased 5 days before my stoke). 

He said my policy must remain open for any claim you have submitted to remain live.

If he had not told me I would have no idea.  The woman had said nothing earlier.

I just hope my claim is settled before August.  They said they have received the relevant paperwork.

Upshot is, I have a new year long policy that has my stroke notified on it for £154 and will leave my policy open so my claim is live.  As for the £728...chancers!

That just sounds wrong to me. Your policy was in force at the time of the incident, so the claim should be covered regardless of whether you subsequently decide to cancel or not. They are failing in their duty of care by knowingly forcing you to keep a policy that no longer meets your needs. I’d be challenging it further. 

10 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

That just sounds wrong to me. Your policy was in force at the time of the incident, so the claim should be covered regardless of whether you subsequently decide to cancel or not. They are failing in their duty of care by knowingly forcing you to keep a policy that no longer meets your needs. I’d be challenging it further. 

I kinda thought it might change a little but £738 quid is a bit steep.  She said if I did not tell them I could keep my original policy but if I had another stroke and had to claim I would not be insured as I would not have updated them about my previous stroke (even though they have a claim in for it).

The closing of the policy seems shite too.  I am going to email them but I have chosen to buy a new policy for the year which means I am still out of pocket.

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

The wimmenfolk in my work seem to be able to get GP appointments no problem. 

It seems to be for me "FOAD and don't bother us"

I'll have Spike's epitaph on my tombstone "I told them I was ill" 

I am lucky that whenever I phone up I get an appointment in a few days. Gf has same gp and  phoned today and got an appointment this morning. 

My female work colleague is different.  She told me she had called her doctor surgery over 200 times before she got through.  I thought she was exaggerating and said so.  She then thrust her phone in my face showing over 200 calls to it.  When she got through her appointment was for the next week!

Companies who have, in part at least, have a public service element to their business that think it's acceptable to close at lunchtime. I appreciate people need to take a lunch break but when you are public facing then you need to plan around that.

Looking at you, Boots.

16 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

Sounds like you had a bad experience too.  Charlatans.  Never even tried to sell me a new European only policy at a price that i had told them I can see it online for.  They just could not be bothered.  Must be told to not deviate from the script.

At least it is confirmed Germany is a goer, no tickets but have to get my German trains sorted.  If I see you in Germany Welshbairn I will buy you a drink.

I know you've pretty well given up on tickets but if I get lucky what games, max categories and number would you want? Unlikely, I know, but just in case. :) If they appeared in a sales window there'd be no time to check with you.

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Companies who have, in part at least, have a public service element to their business that think it's acceptable to close at lunchtime. I appreciate people need to take a lunch break but when you are public facing then you need to plan around that.

Looking at you, Boots.

ah the old "no script for you mate, the graduate who signs off everything is away for a costa"

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I know you've pretty well given up on tickets but if I get lucky what games, max categories and number would you want? Unlikely, I know, but just in case. :) If they appeared in a sales window there'd be no time to check with you.

Me and my mate are looking for 2 tickets for all three (or any) of the Scotland group games. 

Not interested in other games as fly home a couple of days later.

Germany game would pay for Fan First (50 euro) or Cat 3 (195 euros).

Switzerland and Hungary games we would pay Fan First (30 euros) Cat 3 (60 euros) amd Cat 2 (150 euros).

Obviously if it is a little bit more we would consider it.

We have booked for accommodation in all 3 host cities on day of match but will be based in Stuttgart for the two weeks as we have a hotel there. We will be going to Cologne and Munich even without tickets.

Just been to the gym to try and build up my strength so should be OK to walk for 1/2 an hour by Germany.  If not I can always play the stroke card to get a seat.  Not sure if my mate will be able to play the drunk card to get one though 🤣

I know it is a really long shot so thanks for trying anyway.

Turns out Uefa do have disability and wheelchair tickets but not sure how you actually prove it. 

Says if any come available it will be though the resale platform and not.

Edited by Sugar_Army

14 minutes ago, Sugar_Army said:

Just been to the gym to try and build up my strength so should be OK to walk for 1/2 an hour by Germany.  If not I can always play the stroke card to get a seat.  Not sure if my mate will be able to play the drunk card to get one though 🤣

That's not a bad idea, you could maybe qualify for a wheelchair ticket with your mate as your carer. 

I was told by my insurance that I had to use a wheelchair in the airport in Poland and when I got to Edinburgh as it was their duty if care (it also got me fast tracked in Poland).   But when I got to Edindurgh I had no wheelchair waiting, i had to walk off plane, through passport control and out airport to a taxi with bags.

If Paris for the champions league is anything to go buy it will be my mate that needs the wheelchair! 🤣

I have no idea how you go about a wheelchair ticket and it is probably too late now.

2 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

Me and my mate are looking for 2 tickets for all three (or any) of the Scotland group games. 

Not interested in other games as fly home a couple of days later.

Hopefully the team won't be...

Amazon claiming to provide a nominated day delivery service, only to then fire out random items for delivery the day before anyway and having their drivers call and text several times because nobody is in to take the delivery because that's exactly why the original day was fucking selected. 

9 hours ago, Peil said:

ah the old "no methadone for you mate, the graduate who signs off everything is away for a costa"

more like

my work opens at lunchtime. You get about 1 arsehole coming in during that hour Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. It would be better just to open on the busy days (Monday and Friday) and shut on the other days.