Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

When putting up shelves on a garage wall, discovering that one breezeblock (seems to be one word? Looks odd) can be drilled into quite easily, while the one below it seems to be made of some kind of impenetrable extraterrestrial miracle material that is immune to such attention.

15 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

When putting up shelves on a garage wall, discovering that one breezeblock (seems to be one word? Looks odd) can be drilled into quite easily, while the one below it seems to be made of some kind of impenetrable extraterrestrial miracle material that is immune to such attention.

Velo Army's ex-girlfriends thread for this pish.

Idiots that walk right in the middle of a supermarket car park, completely unaware of the fact there is a car behind them. Get on a path you fucking morons!!

19 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Where the f**k have you been the last few days?

Come again?

It's a new financial year, and I've been doing my Accounts.

f**k getting hammered with tax again.

There's a picture of me going around showing how cross I was.

13 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Come again?

It's a new financial year, and I've been doing my Accounts.

f**k getting hammered with tax again.

There's a picture of me going around showing how cross I was.

Bollocks.

You've been hanging around with other rebels. Barabbas told me after he dinghied you.

41 minutes ago, philpy said:

Idiots that walk right in the middle of a supermarket car park, completely unaware of the fact there is a car behind them. Get on a path you fucking morons!!

Made a similar post a few weeks back. Retail parks are the worst. Folk seem to forget that roads are predominantly for cars. 

Had one on Friday - was slowly pulling out of my space, as well as indicating, and then this arsehole woman steps right out in front of me (coming from in front of me I should add, so if they slow moving vehicle wasn't a big enough to clue to wait then the indicator was probably a good indication of where I was going) meaning I had to stop. She then looks at me and starts shaking her head as if I was in the wrong. Bear in mind I was moving before she stepped onto the road so she didn't even have right of way. I don't usually get riled but I was fucking furious with her insinuating I was in the wrong. Window rolled down and a "It's a fucking road, hen!!" flung her way relieved some of the rage. 

13 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Bollocks.

You've been hanging around with other rebels. Barabbas told me after he dinghied you.

Barabbas is full of shite. I'm sure he's pumping Pontius Pilate.

If he dinghied me then why am I completely fine today?

3 hours ago, philpy said:

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Made a similar post a few weeks back. Retail parks are the worst. Folk seem to forget that roads are predominantly for cars. 

Had one on Friday - was slowly pulling out of my space, as well as indicating, and then this arsehole woman steps right out in front of me (coming from in front of me I should add, so if they slow moving vehicle wasn't a big enough to clue to wait then the indicator was probably a good indication of where I was going) meaning I had to stop. She then looks at me and starts shaking her head as if I was in the wrong. Bear in mind I was moving before she stepped onto the road so she didn't even have right of way. I don't usually get riled but I was fucking furious with her insinuating I was in the wrong. Window rolled down and a "It's a fucking road, hen!!" flung her way relieved some of the rage. 

Dont pedestrians now have right if way or something on roads? 

6 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Streaky bacon is excellent with pancakes and maple syrup.

The thought of that always sounded vile to me whenever I heard it was a big thing in America, but there's a cafe next to me that makes thick French toast with bacon, assorted fruit and maple syrup and it is absolutely sensational. 

f**k, it's the middle of the night here and now I've written that I want it right now 😭

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

Dont pedestrians now have right if way or something on roads? 

If a pedestrian has stepped onto the road before the car has (eg. before the car turns into the street) they've always (pedestrian) had right of way. If that's what happened I wouldn't have complained. But I pulled out my space slowly, she then stepped onto the road in front of my car meaning I had to brake, and the cow gave me a look like I was the fuckwit. 

She was at that slightly pre-OAP age which as we all know are the most entitled c***s in our society, so I wasn't really shocked tbh. 

The growing popularity of the term "in my wheelhouse". I think it means "within my competence, my sphere of knowledge", but it irks me more than  it should. I had assumed that the metaphor was meant to describe a Para Handy-like character demonstrating his mastery of the Vital Spark. However, it may be even more annoying; Google suggests that it may originate from baseball and refers to a pitch within the batter's reach.

8 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Streaky bacon is excellent with pancakes and maple syrup.

Grand-daughter has toast with Nutella and bacon.

The deal with babysitting is we return them alive. I'm not there to help with lifestyle choices.