Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Crossing the Tay Bridge just now and some wee girl is looking at the Tay saying "mummy, is that the ocean?! Is that the ocean?!"

The mum says "yes, that's the ocean!" (in that voice that they have to do for whatever reason, in case Little Miss Thicko thinks her mum is talking to Mr Skid Row a few seats back).

My mind, going mental inside screaming "it's not even the sea, never mind an ocean!" begs me not to correct this blatant mis-truth.  I thankfully but grudgingly refrain.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Crossing the Tay Bridge just now and some wee girl is looking at the Tay saying "mummy, is that the ocean?! Is that the ocean?!"

The mum says "yes, that's the ocean!" (in that voice that they have to do for whatever reason, in case Little Miss Thicko thinks her mum is talking to Mr Skid Row a few seats back).

My mind, going mental inside screaming "it's not even the sea, never mind an ocean!" begs me not to correct this blatant mis-truth.  I thankfully but grudgingly refrain.

I remember playing Under 11's football. We were in a mini bus going from Alloa to Falkirk, over the Kincardine Bridge and one boy genuinely thought we had gone into England. He'd never been out of Alloa before. 

Driving round the Falkirk area is just about impossible now. Gas, electrics and water have dug up loads of the roads in the towns and villages. If you manage to find a section of road without roadworks on them, you have to swerve around to avoid the craters that make up 40% of the road surface. 

Take an example - the roundabout at the Klondyke Garden Centre, which joins the M9 and heads to Grangemouth. It underwent a huge upgrade about 2 years ago, and the surface is horrendous. Potholes have joined forces and formed a posse. 

I assume it's the same story elsewhere in the country but it's just really annoying the hell out of me right now that I cannot go anywhere without stopping at temporary lights or having my skeleton rattled as my car goes over what feels like railway sidings.  

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Driving round the Falkirk area is just about impossible now. Gas, electrics and water have dug up loads of the roads in the towns and villages. If you manage to find a section of road without roadworks on them, you have to swerve around to avoid the craters that make up 40% of the road surface. 

Take an example - the roundabout at the Klondyke Garden Centre, which joins the M9 and heads to Grangemouth. It underwent a huge upgrade about 2 years ago, and the surface is horrendous. Potholes have joined forces and formed a posse. 

I assume it's the same story elsewhere in the country but it's just really annoying the hell out of me right now that I cannot go anywhere without stopping at temporary lights or having my skeleton rattled as my car goes over what feels like railway sidings.  

I was going round that roundabout at Klondyke a few days ago and couldn’t believe how bad it had got even though it was redone a year or 2 ago. 

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

^^^ This.

On 09/04/2024 at 15:48, 19QOS19 said:

Uncanny. 

I can never quite remember the name they chose for their management consultancy business - did they plump for Consultio or Consultius?

6 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I remember playing Under 11's football. We were in a mini bus going from Alloa to Falkirk, over the Kincardine Bridge and one boy genuinely thought we had gone into England. He'd never been out of Alloa before. 

My mates dad asked him - at 14 - if he wanted to go to Tenerife for his summer holidays. He said his friends are going abroad and he's getting asked to go to Fife.

6 hours ago, scottsdad said:

We went to Duck Bay Marina for a football team Christmas night out and convinced one of the boys he couldn’t cross the Erskine Bridge without a passport. It was his first time leaving Ayrshire. 

9 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I'm from Edinburgh

4yorkshiremen.jpg.94bf365edead8180cfa56ca087ce29d5.jpg