Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

When approaching a T junction (or a roundabout), cars that dont move over to the right hand side of the lane and block anyone trying to turn left really boil my piss.

Theres one near my house and it happens far too often. 😡

Doesn't help when it seems to be mainly dottering, hesitant drivers who wait for a huge gap before moving off.

Pedestrian crossings which only have a button on one side of the road, particularly if you're at a busy road on the side without the button.

9 hours ago, GordonD said:

Or in Scotland they wait for three days before examining the wreckage...

Speaking of which. The little girl's family have had to take over and release this video on the car that nearly killed her as Police Scotland can't be arsed doing a proper investigation themselves. I suppose they have a lot more easier things to be booking hard working, compliant people for and this would cause them too much hassle

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/lanarkshire/family-girl-left-dead-wishaw-32963479?fbclid=IwY2xjawDNg9tleHRuA2FlbQIxMQABHaIRfUpsJDoJ2C-afjKtQttJ8Ufvlr7TGJ9kV6VyAGzDbE5jpMKV3BaJPQ_aem_AdxqYS_6-g5emnRxyGdKpYLnY1_sgCALwYg2rap6FNpxmj535B7oVlWgJITQ9MY56jA5P-POqAss3Q_VDwGYL9G4

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Pedestrian crossings which only have a button on one side of the road, particularly if you're at a busy road on the side without the button.

Run across the road, press the button, run back and wait. 

Bought my flat over 3 years ago and I’m still getting mail for the previous occupants. When I first moved in there it was mail for 4/5 different folk, it’s down to mail for just 1 person now but it’s something every other week ffs

36 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Bought my flat over 3 years ago and I’m still getting mail for the previous occupants. When I first moved in there it was mail for 4/5 different folk, it’s down to mail for just 1 person now but it’s something every other week ffs

Been in mine about 8yrs and got one for an old occupant last week. Sorry LV but I don't think Craig really wants to renew his insurance with you this year either.

22 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Don't have s problem with it myself.

Might stop the occasional c**t on the road from being quite so cunty.

21 hours ago, alta-pete said:

^^^ dash cam owner. 

That'll be a "nope".

2 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

^^^ got caught with scud mags posed in a brown wrapper with an assumed name on it and claims it was a previous occupant

8 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Pedestrian crossings that take an absolute age to turn after you've pressed the button , the one in the queens drive in killie being the fkn worst

6 minutes ago, dagane said:

Pedestrian crossings that take an absolute age to turn after you've pressed the button , the one in the queens drive in killie being the fkn worst

I hate this as well. You press the button and after 30 seconds nothing has happened, the traffic clears so you cross before the lights have changed, and once you're 20 or 30 yards away from the crossing you hear the lights change and stop traffic with nobody at the crossing. These lights just piss off both the pedestrians and the drivers.

Just now, Soapy FFC said:

I hate this as well. You press the button and after 30 seconds nothing has happened, the traffic clears so you cross before the lights have changed, and once you're 20 or 30 yards away from the crossing you hear the lights change and stop traffic with nobody at the crossing. These lights just piss off both the pedestrians and the drivers.

A win for cyclists everywhere.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Soapy FFC said:

There's a new crossing not far from me that sometimes doesn't show the green man at all (ie it has the red man lit up, as opposed to some Larkhall brain donor being in the 'hood). 

I.e. activate button with the red circle showing around it > red man shows for ages > lit up button becomes non-lit up button > seriously disgruntled people.  In no way is it a case of missing the green man.

As much as a driver will look at you with a face that says "well f***ing go then!!!", you know their lights will go amber then green as soon as you walk out.

ETA: and wtf is this mullet thing about.

Edited by Hedgecutter

14 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Button on box. Press to cross. Wait till wee green man appears on sign on large pole in easy view to allow you to cross. Simples. 

New pedestrian crossings - can't immediately find the button/box to push. No idea where the wee green man appears from when do press the button. Looking down and around your feet.....

5 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

ETA: and wtf is this mullet thing about.

You talking about the recent upsurge in young guys with shite mullets and weird shaved bits at the front that look like their mates have done them with a razor when they fell asleep drunk at a party, most often accompanied by an equally shite moustache?

I first witnessed this on a trip to Dundee a while back and just put it down to being, well, Dundee... but they're everywhere now. As far as new trends go, it's a strange 'un.

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Had to scrape my car when I left my house this morning. It’s June FFS. 

What did she leave on your car that needed scraping? 

7 hours ago, dagane said:

There's one in Hamilton that's the complete opposite of this , turns to amber the millisecond you press the button , quite fun to see how close you can wait for a car to get to it before making them stop.  

11 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Previous owner here didn't actually leave any forwarding details, somehow palmed my wife off with "give it to the neighbour across the road, her kids go to the same school as ours"

Then about every 6 months after the police would pop by looking for a word with the former owner...

They know he owns a business in Kirky, but for some reason insist on coming here, asking for me to show ID then clam up and refuse to say anything else. 

We bought the place in 2019!