Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Hayfever causing my eyes to feel like they are on fire.
Aye I've been housebound the last 3 days because of the weather. The last 2 years I've got the Kenalog injection which has worked wonders. They aren't doing them just now obviously. Going to be a long summer.

at least it's raining more this week
Doesn't make much difference tbh. The sun makes it worse because the brightness sets my eyes off but even if it's raining I can still have it as bad.

On 01/06/2020 at 08:37, Bairnardo said:
On 01/06/2020 at 08:36, Shandon Par said:
Was thinking the same yesterday (why are my feet battered to f**k?). Maybe it’s the nicer weather and wearing shoes less often?
DF61968F-1188-437F-A8BA-EF95065F28BB.thumb.jpeg.a32219ccc5d43e746c08fcce781725d4.jpeg

Sake. Thought the hairs at the bottom of your bed were from the Rent Boy. Monster.

CAA12562-2B1E-48E8-9229-C167C219B607.gif

I've forgotten to put the bin out for the past two weeks. Absolutely livid with myself. I may have to self-harm. I deserve it.

Also, the new universal remote I just bought works with practically every electronic device in the house except for the one I bought it for. Advice from the manufacturer is to use the 'learning' feature, in which is picks up signals from the original remote to work out what to do.

I DON'T HAVE THE ORIGINAL REMOTE THATS WHY I BOUGHT IT YOU FUCKS

30 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

IIRC, these are what I got prescribed last year when I got fed up of Claritin and Piriton having little effect. They’re pish.

Worked fairly well for the sneezes and sniffles, but the itchy, watery eyes probably got worse. Have since switched to a supermarket own-brand allergy relief tablets that strangely enough have transpired to be the best yet.

23 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

IIRC, these are what I got prescribed last year when I got fed up of Claritin and Piriton having little effect. They’re pish.

Worked fairly well for the sneezes and sniffles, but the itchy, watery eyes probably got worse. Have since switched to a supermarket own-brand allergy relief tablets that strangely enough have transpired to be the best yet.

I use Asda’s own brand which are the best, compared to the stuff I got from the doctor last year - felt like I’d taken a right hook from Anthony Joshua half an hour after taking them!!

Edited by IainMorton

Just depends, I’ve had hayfever since I was at school. Cetirizine hydrochloride works best for me. Whether it’s Piriteze or supermarket own brand. Supermarket own brand is usually a fraction of the price of Benadryl equivalent. 

Back when hayfever treatments were pish, I was in Kent for years, which has a pollen count that would terrify anyone with allergies. Best treatment I was offered was a nasal spray. Think about that for a minute; you're running with mucus to the point that a bucket would be more useful than tissues, struggling to breathe, and somebody decides that it's within the realms of possibility that you could inhale medicine  :blink:

Edit: I've just burned my bacon. Apparently I'm going to be perma-raging today.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

Just depends, I’ve had hayfever since I was at school. Cetirizine hydrochloride works best for me. Whether it’s Piriteze or supermarket own brand. Supermarket own brand is usually a fraction of the price of Benadryl equivalent. 

Tried Benadryl once. Their slogan is something like "effective after 15 minutes". Having tried it that was indeed accurate. I was gobsmacked when my symptoms disappeared. Annoyingly though, they omitted "but you'll be back to feeling like shite after 20 minutes" from their slogan.

7 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Back when hayfever treatments were pish, I was in Kent for years, which has a pollen count that would terrify anyone with allergies. Best treatment I was offered was a nasal spray. Think about that for a minute; you're running with mucus to the point that a bucket would be more useful than tissues, struggling to breathe, and somebody decides that it's within the realms of possibility that you could inhale medicine  :blink:

Edit: I've just burned my bacon. Apparently I'm going to be perma-raging today.

Tell me this is not a euphemism.

3 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

I just realised it might look like I was rubbishing your story rather than saying it's rubbish it doesn't work for you, it's the latter!

I'm glad you clarified that as I thought you were being uncharacteristically rude when I read that earlier. 

Was about to put this on the Litter thread but decided it should be firmly placed here.

Chewing gum.

I absolutely hate that stuff. If it's not some galloot yakking away at it even whilst talking to you, it's people gobbing it out in the street. We've all either stood on some or worse, sat on it and had to pick it off our troosers. I'm sure if every school or office turned over their desks and chairs and picked the old chuggy/chuddy off and threw it in a pile, a new Western Isle could be formed. 

Rank, mingin', ghastly stuff. Get that cone out for manufacturers, purveyors and users alike.

34 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Was about to put this on the Litter thread but decided it should be firmly placed here.

Chewing gum.

I absolutely hate that stuff. If it's not some galloot yakking away at it even whilst talking to you, it's people gobbing it out in the street. We've all either stood on some or worse, sat on it and had to pick it off our troosers. I'm sure if every school or office turned over their desks and chairs and picked the old chuggy/chuddy off and threw it in a pile, a new Western Isle could be formed. 

Rank, mingin', ghastly stuff. Get that cone out for manufacturers, purveyors and users alike.

I always have some chewing gum after my lunch but agree with this. Hate seeing it on the pavement and it's disgusting that folk do it. Even more disgusting is when folk stick it under desks, like you say.

Minging seeing folk chomp away on it as you note. Football managers seem to be particularly bad for this.