Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Helpful - Our washing machine helpfully beeps to let you know when it has finished its program. 
Annoying - If you open its door and start emptying the laundry out, it keeps on beeping.

It won’t start a program unless the door is properly closed, so it must have a sensor that lets it know whether the door is closed or not. Why hasn’t this sensor been incorporated into its “beep when you’re finished” functionality?

Edited by Funky Nosejob

1 minute ago, Funky Nosejob said:

Helpful - Our washing machine helpfully beeps to let you know when it has finished its program. 
Annoying - If you open its door and start emptying the laundry out, it keeps on beeping.

It won’t start a program unless the door is properly closed, so it must have a sensor that lets it know whether the door is closed or not. Why hasn’t this sensor been incorporated into its “beep when you’re finished” functionality?

If I’m still around when war breaks out between humans and machines, the first things  I’m going after will be the ones that beep.

Is there an on/off position on the dial, does it beep even when set to that when you open the door?

1 minute ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
45 minutes ago, Funky Nosejob said:

Is there an on/off position on the dial, does it beep even when set to that when you open the door?

If you change the dial position, even to a different program, it does stop beeping. However, I tend to be doing several batches of laundry at a time, all using the same program. Moving the dial off and back to the desired program means it reverts to the default settings (temperature, time, spin speed) for that program. 

Going back to my original post, if you try to start a program when the door isn’t properly closed, it alerts you by beeping. So, not only is there definitely a sensor for the door being open or closed, it is already linked to the beeper mechanism.

22 hours ago, BFTD said:

Pretty sure Coronavir put Aberdeen out of Europe in the Nineties.

No idea what Blue Bear's on about, but I appreciate the word 'cuntress' being used in the title.

I'm a bit concerned about what perversion @Jacksgranda has got mixed up in..

image.png.7d5b8b85f9c949e2a30a9baf3f7190ce.png

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'm a bit concerned about what perversion @Jacksgranda has got mixed up in..

image.png.7d5b8b85f9c949e2a30a9baf3f7190ce.png

It will be some sort of add-on to your browser. You can probably scroll through “add and remove programmes” and look for recently added stuff you don’t know about/need.

Just now, Shandon Par said:

It will be some sort of add-on to your browser. You can probably scroll through “add and remove programmes” and look for recently added stuff you don’t know about/need.

Am I the only one who's getting this then? Thought Div was messing about and it's a house secret. Only website it's happening on.

48 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Am I the only one who's getting this then? Thought Div was messing about and it's a house secret. Only website it's happening on.

Just you. It’s a sort of incompatibility thing. Should be easy enough to simply remove the thing causing it. 

15 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Just you. It’s a sort of incompatibility thing. Should be easy enough to simply remove the thing causing it. 

That was easy, checked Chrome extensions and there was some Spanish adblocker/vpn that I must have accidently got on holiday. Restart and sorted. Cheers!

9 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

The three smallest toes on my right foot keep cramping so I'm having to wedge them upwards. 

Stop wearing high heels at the weekend then, Alison.

13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

That was easy, checked Chrome extensions and there was some Spanish adblocker/vpn that I must have accidently got on holiday. Restart and sorted. Cheers!

Not all things you pick up on a Spanish holiday are so easy to remove.

They tell me.

Advertisers using utterly dung versions of good tunes because it's cheaper than splashing out for the original. Song 2 by Blur and Where's Your Head At by Basement Jaxx being the latest examples.

This horrific practice gave us the trend of twee ukulele covers, and for that alone these people must die.