Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

skysports-diego-laxalt-ac-milan_5119129.jpg.92e8c24d03124115b12e32eb6cb07d8c.jpg
I can (just) remember the AC Milan teams of the 90s and 00s. It's a shambles to see that c**t wearing their short.

I can remember watching Football Italia on a Sunday and the AC Milan team, specifically at the back was a who's who of future legends of the game

The opening hours of Post offices. Just went out on my break to post a parcel on my break, drove 10 minutes to the post office and they are shut for lunch. Really annoys me that certain businesses adapt their lunch hours to ensure they remain open yet others don't. Annoys me even more that they are usually 9-5. An absolute pain in the arse for those of us who work all week.

Edited by latapythelegend

27 minutes ago, deej said:

Thought we would try out Hello Fresh.

They've delivered four meals today, marked as numbers 1, 2 , 3 and 5. 

This reminds of the (perhaps apocryphal) story of the 6th years in Aberdeen who released the sheep into their school on the last day. The staff found the ones numbered 1, 3 and 4 pretty quickly, but spent the rest of the day searching for number 2, which didn't actually exist.

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

This reminds of the (perhaps apocryphal) story of the 6th years in Aberdeen who released the sheep into their school on the last day. The staff found the ones numbered 1, 3 and 4 pretty quickly, but spent the rest of the day searching for number 2, which didn't actually exist.

It actually reminded me of that as well. Didn't know it was in Aberdeen though, I assume they later found poor number 2 getting buggered in the janny's closet.

Just now, deej said:

It actually reminded me of that as well. Didn't know it was in Aberdeen though, I assume they later found poor number 2 getting buggered in the janny's closet.

I think it's a fairly common story claimed by a number of places, the first time I heard it, it was Aberdeen.

37 minutes ago, deej said:

Thought we would try out Hello Fresh.

They've delivered four meals today, marked as numbers 1, 2 , 3 and 5. 

Does that not correspond to the number of the menu? As in the other day I got menus 9, 14 and 25. This then matches with the brown bag that has that number and contains the ingredients required. 

4 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Does that not correspond to the number of the menu? As in the other day I got menus 9, 14 and 25. This then matches with the brown bag that has that number and contains the ingredients required. 

I don't know how it works to be honest. I thought it was that, but we've had repeat numbers but never a repeat recipe.

1 minute ago, deej said:

I don't know how it works to be honest. I thought it was that, but we've had repeat numbers but never a repeat recipe.

Think it varies week by week. f**k knows, the only time I’ve had any mistakes was when I got give additional chicken. I quite like it actually, it’s pretty expensive now I’m out of free boxes/discounts but it’s made me cook a variety of food that I probably previously wouldn’t have at home. Reckon I might do it once a month or something.

1 minute ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Think it varies week by week. f**k knows, the only time I’ve had any mistakes was when I got give additional chicken. I quite like it actually, it’s pretty expensive now I’m out of free boxes/discounts but it’s made me cook a variety of food that I probably previously wouldn’t have at home. Reckon I might do it once a month or something.

That'll be it. I forgot the menus changed week by week, so this Petty thing on my nerves,  is because we ordered items 1, 2, 3 and 5. 

We are still on discounted boxes, and agree with the variety, I've cooked some stuff I'd never heard of. We'll likely end up similar, once a month or so.

25 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Sounds more like an Escape Room than a dinner.

3 hours ago, deej said:

That'll be it. I forgot the menus changed week by week, so this Petty thing on my nerves,  is because we ordered items 1, 2, 3 and 5. 

We are still on discounted boxes, and agree with the variety, I've cooked some stuff I'd never heard of. We'll likely end up similar, once a month or so.

Me and the Mrs have been chopping and changing between hello fresh and gousto for weeks and just changing who’s name it is on the discount and they keep making us different offers.

I skipped my box of Hello Fresh this week and they just sent it anyway, without the email asking to pick dishes, meaning I just got the standard shite. I cancelled the subscription completely and left feedback, but there’s no complaints contact number/email. I like it in general but that had me seething.

13 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I can (just) remember the AC Milan teams of the 90s and 00s. It's a shambles to see that c**t wearing their short.

I can remember watching Football Italia on a Sunday and the AC Milan team, specifically at the back was a who's who of future legends of the game

They were brilliant at the pressing game. An opponent received a pass and 25 milliseconds later, his ankles were snapped.

Mother is nearly 90 and either going deaf or in the early stages of losing it , waiting on assessment from doctor.

Today phoned Halifax to cancel a direct debit. Gave phone to mother to answer security questions but apparently was unable to answer to their satisfaction.

End result after 20 minutes of arguing with employee and supervisor, DD for £11 still not cancelled. Would have been a different story if I was trying to get money out of the account but to refuse to cancel a DD. I was told to try phoning back and she maybe able to answer the questions then or call at the branch!

There is doing your job and being an officious arse.