Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Comedians (mainly from down south) poncing up to the Fringe with a "work in progress".

Naw, try out your shite material in a Working mens' club on a wet Wednesday in Wigan, not at one of the world's biggest festivals. Flogging your tatty crap to the Jockos and then going on a tour of England with the finished product. We should bring back the spirit of the Glasgow Empire- "the English comedian's graveyard".

5 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Comedians (mainly from down south) poncing up to the Fringe with a "work in progress".

Naw, try out your shite material in a Working mens' club on a wet Wednesday in Wigan, not at one of the world's biggest festivals. Flogging your tatty crap to the Jockos and then going on a tour of England with the finished product. We should bring back the spirit of the Glasgow Empire- "the English comedian's graveyard".

Des O' Conner's favourite venue 

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The "music" of David Guetta these days. Fucking awful. I'm old enough to remember when he was a credible DJ

He does great social activist work in fairness. 

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

We should bring back the spirit of the Glasgow Empire- "the English comedian's graveyard".

Morecambe and Wise/Mike and Bernie Winters (the story is told about both pairs).

Ernie or Mike comes on, does a little dance routine to total silence. Then Eric/Bernie appears and a voice from the balcony says, "Oh, Christ, there's two of them!"

On 06/08/2021 at 19:09, welshbairn said:

They only had to include *** for balance, it's not religiously prejudicial, it only refers to the supporters of a particular football team who famously opened their arms and welcomed Mo Johnstone to play for their team, so how could it possibly be religiously prejudicial? It's like calling Aberdeen fans sheep when very few have been caught at it in the fields of the Shire.

Name the guilty men...

On 06/08/2021 at 19:13, SANTAN said:

The rules themselves state that the language is religiously prejudicial, you're saying they're just saying this for the banter or something. Why would they feel the need to mention it?

There are sadly frequent examples of the word being used as a sectarian slur rather than solely for footballing terms. It's undeniable. 

It's certainly not something I tend to do but of course the weight and history of certain terms leads to them being more emotive. I think most people would acknowledge that the "n word" and "midget" certainly have differences. Funnily enough I got pulled up by someone in the politics section for saying what you said!

Aye, midget doesn't have an "n" in it and the n word has twice as many "gs".

1 minute ago, GordonD said:

Photos of Olympic winners pretending to bite their medals. Presumably it's to demonstrate that they're not made of chocolate but it's such a fucking cliché.

I heard an interview on the radio earlier,  the athlete was asked how he won the race, I was hoping he would say "because I was quicker than the others" , but no.

3 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Photos of Olympic winners pretending to bite their medals. Presumably it's to demonstrate that they're not made of chocolate but it's such a fucking cliché.

The constant coverage of the Olympics pisses me off.  Radio 5 Live’s coverage of current affairs can be decent at times but I’m afraid to switch it on just now.

12 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Paper straws, they're just shite.

They've ruined McDonald's milkshakes forever.  As somebody once said: "drinking one through a paper straw is like sucking on a tampon".

58 minutes ago, GordonD said:

They're apparently made of recycled mobile phones.

Don't Nokia it until you've tried it.

Is it not to prove that it's real gold, as you can dent gold with your teeth but not most cheaper metals?

18 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
2 hours ago, GordonD said:

Is it not to prove that it's real gold, as you can dent gold with your teeth but not most cheaper metals?

Isn’t gold more pliable than ferrous metals?

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

They've ruined McDonald's milkshakes forever.  As somebody once said: "drinking one through a paper straw is like sucking on a tampon".

Aye.... Its them that ruined McDonalds milkshakes and not the above post........