Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Cats are using my garden as a toilet its been going on for a while but has got a lot worse in the last couple of months. I worked hard tidying up the garden only for this to get worse. It's horrible, I never see them do it and I don't know about it for days later as I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark.

Solutions - anything bought from a shop is a waste of time and money as the cats get used to it. Can't put down citrus, pepper, curry powder as the weather is too wet. Maybe some plants in borders like lavender which is said to be unpleasant to cats. Either that or will have no choice but to pave everything over, but I don't want to be dictated or have no choice to on how I should have my garden.

I'll put this to the wise of P&B for a solution. No violent solutions please.

Try a motion activated sprinkler.

11 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Cats are using my garden as a toilet its been going on for a while but has got a lot worse in the last couple of months. I worked hard tidying up the garden only for this to get worse. It's horrible, I never see them do it and I don't know about it for days later as I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark.

Solutions - anything bought from a shop is a waste of time and money as the cats get used to it. Can't put down citrus, pepper, curry powder as the weather is too wet. Maybe some plants in borders like lavender which is said to be unpleasant to cats. Either that or will have no choice but to pave everything over, but I don't want to be dictated or have no choice to on how I should have my garden.

A feline version of this launchpad will do the trick. This isn't violent, it's physics.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

I also have the same issue they are digging up my lawn and then, badly, burying their shite.

Not a huge issue in the winter but going to be annoying come the summer. I was thinking about getting lion manure apparently that works.

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

I also have the same issue they are digging up my lawn and then, badly, burying their shite.

Not a huge issue in the winter but going to be annoying come the summer. I was thinking about getting lion manure apparently that works.

Heard of the lion manure thing as well, don't know how easy it is to acquire though.

10 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Heard of the lion manure thing as well, don't know how easy it is to acquire though.

Apparently you can get it online.

5 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Cat's have never seen a lion, we've never seen a Balrog or know what it really looks like.

Can you imagine what picture forms in a cats mind when getting a whiff of lion shit?

They probably just have some chemical memory that something that can kill them is around.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Keeps the elephants away, too.

3 hours ago, Snafu said:

That's an option I've thought about and appears one of the most effective. Getting a dog is another.

Used to have a cat come into our garden.  Our shitebag cat wasn't up for a square go so this other cat was doing as it pleased.  As soon as we got a puppy problem solved.

A puppy is for life though.  Not just for scaring away rambo cats.

4 hours ago, Snafu said:

Leave some cucumbers lying around.

I've never heard of a cat digging up a lawn and I've owned three cats and a lawn. They usually crap in the flower beds as it's too much hassle to dig up grass (they sometimes nibble it to make themselves sick to bring up furballs).

I can imagine a fox digging up a lawn though. Local bowling club had a problem with that. And their shite is particularly nasty.

5 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Try a motion activated sprinkler.

Cats always enter and exit my garden via a slot between the fence and hedge where I have a motion activated camera set up.  Using that to capture the surprised/horrified feline expression when combined with a jet of cold water feels extremely tempting...

6 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

A feline version of this launchpad will do the trick. This isn't violent, it's physics.

How many poor squirrels just got bashed in the head by the plate before that one went on an adventure ride? That's what I want to know. :babe2

Edited by welshbairn