Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Might be interesting to know if anyone here has a paid day off work as it is a bank holiday. I don't think many will. 

Ayeeeee every bank holiday is a paid day off.. 

Yesterday was Labour day here, none of that May Day pishe. As the 1st fell on the Sunday, it was carried over to the Monday (Think Maggie changed the name)

Paid holiday for everyone, who is not a Government employee, the paper shufflers still had to go to work, which was nice.

16 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Might be interesting to know if anyone here has a paid day off work as it is a bank holiday. I don't think many will. 

Have the personal choice.

Office open every Mon-Fri bar the the Christmas and New Year days.

Get 25/26 Dec and 1/2 Jan (or whatever we get if they at weekends).

Then get my annual leave plus however many public holidays there are as a total ( think it 39 or 40 days this year ).

We open so if I want to work I work, if I want day off I take it from my total. Works for me as I get my holidays when I want rather a number of arbitrary Mondays randomly scattered through the year.

6 minutes ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

The GB News adverts on the radio.

"Are you a puce faced, racist arsehole? Then GB News is right up your alley"*

*may not be exactly the same words.

There seem to be loads and loads of adverts for talk radio or news TV stations and shows now.  Piers Morgan's new show is all over the place on billboards but there are others who I see advertised, usually some baldie with their arms folded and a banner slogan suggesting that THIS is the guy I need to speak to.  Doubtless they are all a bunch of total arseholes.

Being a bit of a low-culture Luddite, having avoided daytime tv, social media beyond P&B (though o use Instagram to whore my business), Piers Morgan has passed me by. His ads are all over Sky Sports News and he looks like a sweaty, heaving mess with the complexion of corned beef. Definitely one for the Dead Pool thread before long. 

16 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Being a bit of a low-culture Luddite, having avoided daytime tv, social media beyond P&B (though o use Instagram to whore my business), Piers Morgan has passed me by. His ads are all over Sky Sports News and he looks like a sweaty, heaving mess with the complexion of corned beef. Definitely one for the Dead Pool thread before long. 

Morgan v Farage in a fight to the death with mediaeval weapons. The survivor would then be fed to pigs whilst still barely alive.

HBO would surely sign up to PPV.

35 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Morgan v Farage in a fight to the death with mediaeval weapons. The survivor would then be fed to pigs whilst still barely alive.

HBO would surely sign up to PPV.

Seems a bit cruel to the pigs. 

49 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I've run out of good tea but it's too early in the year to get more. I'll have to put up with substandard stuff for another month or so.

Discovering Fortnum and Mason's Irish Breakfast tea was a game changer for me

Discovering Fortnum and Mason's Irish Breakfast tea was a game changer for me
Cheers for the recommendation, but that looks a couple of tiers down in quality from what I normally get, and like with whisky I generally stay away from blends.

My go to black tea is Yunnan golden needle (pictured below) but I don't really want to buy 2021 harvest stock which has been sat in a warehouse for a year. It's not as big an issue with black teas as it is green or oolong (and with pu'er it can be a benefit), but it's definitely sub-optimal. 9dd0801ca70d8cd5dfe938910a6a1267.jpg

29 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Cheers for the recommendation, but that looks a couple of tiers down in quality from what I normally get, and like with whisky I generally stay away from blends.

My go to black tea is Yunnan golden needle (pictured below) but I don't really want to buy 2021 harvest stock which has been sat in a warehouse for a year. It's not as big an issue with black teas as it is green or oolong (and with pu'er it can be a benefit), but it's definitely sub-optimal. 9dd0801ca70d8cd5dfe938910a6a1267.jpg

Plenty milk and three sugars in mine please.