Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Folk who complain about video games being released as unfinished messes yet still continually paying full price for them. Likewise, complaining about microtransactions and pay to win mechanics yet still buying them.

Games companies repeatedly mug off customers and there's absolutely no reason for them to stop when said mug customers continue to reward the companies with millions of pounds/dollars/euros/yen/etc on a regular basis.

There's folk who buy the new FIFA every year like absolute mugs, even though it's basically the same game as the previous version just with updated teams and perhaps a small feature being different. EA have an excellent (for them) cash generating product that so many absolute mugs continually chuck cash at them for every single year. There's even some folk who buy consoles just to play it (i.e. they only play FIFA and no other games at all).

Edited by DA Baracus

4 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Apparently if you turn a tin of beans upside down before opening them, you will have zero beans lurking at the bottom of the tin once tipped out.

It's the ring-pull generation wot has destroyed Britain.

Back in the day you opened  a tin of beans from both ends and used a can opener on both sides of a can of beer.  Thus no beans were left uneaten and  no beer had to froth up in the glass as it was allowed to pour with the appropriate amount of  air.

Plus you paid about 25p for 20 Embassy Regal.

40 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Folk who complain about video games being released as unfinished messes yet still continually paying full price for them. Likewise, complaining about microtransactions and pay to win mechanics yet still buying them.

Games companies repeatedly mug off customers and there's absolutely no reason for them to stop when said mug customers continue to reward the companies with millions of pounds/dollars/euros/yen/etc on a regular basis.

There's folk who buy the new FIFA every year like absolute mugs, even though it's basically the same game as the previous version just with updated teams and perhaps a small feature being different. EA have an excellent (for them) cash generating product that so many absolute mugs continually chuck cash at them for every single year. There's even some folk who buy consoles just to play it (i.e. they only play FIFA and no other games at all).

Similarly, people who pre-order video games, with no benefit to themselves for having done so, are absolute mugs and deserve to have their wallets inspected. This includes the "get a slightly different costume for your character!" offers.

(except people who pre-ordered Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2, which is definitely still coming out and will be great; money well spent)

5 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

FTFY.

I am afraid you are wrong about not being able to access the ringpull of a tin of beans if it is upside down. 

You turn it upside down, raise it above your head and look up. You are now eyeball to eyeball with the ringpull and simply open it from there. 

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I still keep my PS2 for the sole purpose of playing Pro Evo 2, the best football game ever made (even if Man Utd vs Leeds is 'Aragon vs Yorkshire'; I changed the team names to something else about 20 years ago)

55 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I am afraid you are wrong about not being able to access the ringpull of a tin of beans if it is upside down. 

You turn it upside down, raise it above your head and look up. You are now eyeball to eyeball with the ringpull and simply open it from there. 

I've just consulted the Prof. regarding this conundrum and his response was "Tell scottsdad to go fvck himself."

FTFY.
It's the ring-pull generation wot has destroyed Britain.
Back in the day you opened  a tin of beans from both ends and used a can opener on both sides of a can of beer.  Thus no beans were left uneaten and  no beer had to froth up in the glass as it was allowed to pour with the appropriate amount of  air.
Plus you paid about 25p for 20 Embassy Regal.
If your baked beans tin has a ring pull you're buying the wrong ones.

Branston beans >>> The rest.