Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Probably been said before, but a pttgoyn for me is all that made up shite for tourists to put on their Instatwat app - e.g. in Paris people putting "love locks" on the Pont Neuf making it heavy and unsafe, or idiot Americans rubbing Greyfriars Bobbys nose causing it to fall off.

image.png.f8905a3bb485f699a2fa0e149e428b9a.pngimage.png.bef5d70917c6109b641d468ce238b0e9.png

Don't go to New York FFS.

Charging Bulls Wall St, NYC | Charging bull, Bull, Journey

Most website you visit come up with the cookie consent pop-up, but most now have the consent split into "Consent" and "Legitimate Interest". The consent it normally turned off by default, but the legitimate interest is normally turned on. I have no idea what the legitimate interest is but I assume it's not really something I want to have on, so I always turn it off as well, but it's a pain to have to do this rather than it being off by default. The legitimate interest stuff tends to be hidden away, which reinforces the suspicion it's not something I need or want.

21 hours ago, BTFD said:

When was the last time you got an easter egg with anything inside?

I don't think the wean ever got one, and he's a teenager now.

I had a Cadbury's Mini Egg one this year (actually we had several of them) and the Mini Eggs were inside the larger egg.

1 hour ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

I had a Cadbury's Mini Egg one this year (actually we had several of them) and the Mini Eggs were inside the larger egg.

Of course the Best Before date was August 2015.

8 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Our freezer is just the wee tiny one on top of a wee tiny fridge so it's always rammed, especially as I'm into cocktails and always want ice handy. The PTTGOMN is no matter what I take out of it, there never seems to be any more space when shutting slamming the door.

That'll be due to the Gozer Temple taking up space

fridge.jpg.1f04bde6769fc667e29994a206f0147b.jpg

On 29/06/2023 at 21:32, Salt n Vinegar said:

Where's the salt and vinegar/salt and sauce boundaries? I live in the east and from the reaction I get when I ask for s+v I sometimes think I must have mispronounced it and asked for a plague kebab.

Isn't salt & sauce a specifically Edinburgh thing?  I've always lived in Fife & Dundee and genuinely never heard the phrase spoken in real life.

19 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Isn't salt & sauce a specifically Edinburgh thing?  I've always lived in Fife & Dundee and genuinely never heard the phrase spoken in real life.

Yeah, in my experience in Fife it was always "anything on it?" - with salt, vinegar, brown sauce (none of your kiddies ketchup thank you very much), any combination of those or 'everything' which was all three.

18 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

I'm not exactly sure of the belt. Dunbar used to be a purely S&V place but I think incomers have changed this. I'm sure Adriano's in Aberlady did salt and sauce but that's a curry place now

Linlithgow was S&V I'm sure. Going south Newtongrange was salt and sauce and I've never bought chips in Gorebridge.

8 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Yeah, in my experience in Fife it was always "anything on it?" - with salt, vinegar, brown sauce (none of your kiddies ketchup thank you very much), any combination of those or 'everything' which was all three.

Thats how it is in the Greater Falkirk area. Everything on it means salt, vinegar and broon sauce

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Thats how it is in the Greater Falkirk area. Everything on it means salt, vinegar and broon sauce

Thing is, the Edinburgh chippy sauce is generally made with Gold Star brown sauce mixed with some vinegar in the chippy.

So that "everything on it" is probably a pretty good approximation (depending on the make of broon sauce) of what we get.

Have had to hard reset my virgin media box to see if it would fix issues I have having with it. Have lost all my recordings. I know it would have happened if I had to get a new one, but still.