Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

24 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

If you travel by train with any regularity you'll notice it’s a very common occurrence to see carriages locked out of use. Rather than being a fault with the train itself, 9 times out of 10 you'll find it's simply that some steamer has spewed in it and it's a health hazard. At least you got it up before boarding lol.

At least they block them off. Every once in a while in Chicago you’ll see someone who isn’t local and doesn’t realise empty El train carriages are empty for a reason and embark onto one to be confronted with a homeless guy having a meltdown/jobbies/both. 

3 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

At least they block them off. Every once in a while in Chicago you’ll see someone who isn’t local and doesn’t realise empty El train carriages are empty for a reason and embark onto one to be confronted with a homeless guy having a meltdown/jobbies/both. 

This is why I don't use CTA/Metra or any Chicago public transport. Actually can't remember the last time I was in the city, apart from teaching there.

Don't get much mankyness left on the transport here, but rather those who have clearly shat or pished themselves. Or worse, had someone with a gangrene foot get on one time. 

Had to move or would have thrown up. 

6 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Sounds not bad. Any NY transport videos I see quoted or spoken about on Twitter, they're usually JuanKeane.

52 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Sounds not bad. Any NY transport videos I see quoted or spoken about on Twitter, they're usually JuanKeane.

Seen a few vids of folk on the subway doing mad dances swinging from the poles/handles missing passenger's heads by milimeters.

Not manky, but bellend behaviour all the same.

1 hour ago, Venti said:

Seen a few vids of folk on the subway doing mad dances swinging from the poles/handles missing passenger's heads by milimeters.

Reminded me of this 

The lack of mannerism, is just the norm now eh?

8 hours ago, Venti said:

19 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I remember going on a night out in Edinburgh when I was about 19. Got royally pished. Stayed up all night and got the 6am train back to Stirling. 

The train coming into the station was swaying and my stomach was feeling it. Got off the train, and walking across the bridge to the other platform, I spewed my guts up. All over the bridge. 

Luckily only me and my mate were there and I made a sharp exit. 

Must be something about that bridge. Think I mentioned it at the time, but last year I was on my way home at Stirling and some jake got off the Edinburgh train, whipped his knob out, and pished down the top of the stairs to Platform 3. Everyone just walked round him.

(no, it wasn't me)

Almost every redesigned club logo being circular.  Now, I know fine well that Brechin City's logo is indeed circular too, but I prefer the old classics.  Perhaps it's the 'copycat-ness' of it all that's my actually PTTGOYN.

Edited by Hedgecutter

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Dundee having a playable pitch and Aberdeen appointing a manager.

This has been far too competent a couple of days for Scottish football

These things come in threes. VAR to get something right?

6 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Almost every redesigned club logo being circular.  Now, I know fine well that Brechin City's logo is indeed circular too, but I prefer the old classics.  Perhaps it's the 'copycat-ness' of it all that's my actually PTTGOYN.

It's to f*ck up that p***k the Lord Lyon (see the saga of Airdrie's badge). 

If it's round its like a clan badge so you can get away with it. Anything that's a shield shape has to be matriculated (registered) as a coat of arms. Queen's Park's shied was matriculated in the early 20s  as a 50th anniversary gift. Hibs current badge has also been matriculated and you can see the certificate in the main entrance at Easter Road. 

The English equivalent of the Lord Lyon doesn't seem so picky. 

airdrie1.png.32ca37371a3332967f72bedd10740755.png

Badge of the old Airdriedonians. A shield shape so you'd have to give the Lord Lyon a big fee to get it matriculated. When the new Airdrie wanted to revive it they were told to stump up. 

Some Tippex was purchased and the badge amended to...

airdrie2.png.fb888089ae5b6469eacfff626600ac87.png

'British pubs' in America.

Guy Fieri went to a place & after doing a few usual menu items the chef then said (with a straight face) we're doing a Reubens...

7 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Dundee having a playable pitch and Aberdeen appointing a manager.

This has been far too competent a couple of days for Scottish football

4 hours ago, coprolite said:

These things come in threes. VAR to get something right?

No, Edinburgh City have won a game!

15 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Its the colour changes that annoy me.

The current Scotland strips for example.

The home one has a Scotland badge, the away one does not.

image.png.2da7e90562795a4c69048fc699a4e2d0.pngimage.png.c39f5787c2d2763cd17f018c8012cbf9.png

This changing the colours to match colours of the shirt annoys more than it probably should. 

On 13/04/2024 at 19:37, DA Baracus said:

There are multiple bins on the train, far more frequently than on a street (exponentially more), yet lazy, stinking p***ks do this:

20240413_192737.thumb.jpg.a51d1727f35251414404e319ba068b0b.jpg

Even back in our younger, dickhead days, me and my pals always cleaned up after ourselves, be it trains, buses or friends' houses/flats/apartments/etc. We never had to tell each other to not be an arsehole in terms of litter as litter was anathema to us all.

Think I posted about this at the time on here but I had a go at one of my mates for dropping litter when we were waiting on a train at Waverley. 
His defence was “there’s nae bins” it was only a few sweet papers so told him to pick them up and put them in his pocket til he seen a bin/got home. 

One of the very few things that will get me seething

3 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Think I posted about this at the time on here but I had a go at one of my mates for dropping litter when we were waiting on a train at Waverley. 
His defence was “there’s nae bins” it was only a few sweet papers so told him to pick them up and put them in his pocket til he seen a bin/got home. 

One of the very few things that will get me seething

It's just scummy behaviour in general. We drove up to Wick at the weekend for a dancing competition for my daughter and the amount of litter that had clearly been lobbed out car/motorhome windows by wanks doing the NC500 was unbelievable. Actual poly bags of rubbish, takeaway wrappers etc. Fucking minky.

iTunes must be the biggest piece of shit I've had the mis pleasure of trying to use. And I'm someone who has to use MicroStrategy in a work capacity.