Quick Question Thread

53 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I picked up a second hand soda stream for buttons last year. Fantastic purchase.

I'd moved from drinking coke to fizzy flavoured bottled water. It's saved me a fortune and god knows how many trips to the supermarket

How much are the flavoured syrups? 

Where do all these bots come from? Are they like rosebay willowherb seeds floating about the net until landing in the rich fertiliser that is P&B? 

What's the point of them? If the Russians really wanted to sow discord and anarchy they wouldn't get their bots to turn up on General Nonsense they'd turn up on the BRALT or Clyde threads.

On 16/09/2020 at 22:16, philpy said:

Was in Grangemouth on Monday, and noticed a road called "ice house brae". How did such a name come about?? 

The remains of an ice house seem to be up there and even a curling rink is shown on the 1800s OS Map (now the site of the A9).   FWIW, the start of Ice House Brae road cuts right across the site of the Antonine Wall.

What's doing all the biting (insect, no euph) these days? I have two belters on my leg including one that's pretty sore and has that circle round it that's really hard. Heard a few other folk recently had bites including one guy who had one that got badly infected.

o2 have offered me an early upgrade. Every option is a 36 month deal - is this their new contract length or are they trying to tie me into an extra 12 months to let me upgrade 3 months early? 

Edit : ignore this. Can build a deal about 4 pages forward. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

What's doing all the biting (insect, no euph) these days? I have two belters on my leg including one that's pretty sore and has that circle round it that's really hard. Heard a few other folk recently had bites including one guy who had one that got badly infected.

Apparently some humans' body chemistry is tasty to biting insects, some not so much. I've always been in the not-so-tasty category, which probably explains...other aspects of my life.

You, my friend, appear to have gravitated into the "tasty" category. Take full advantage while you can.

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Apparently some humans' body chemistry is tasty to biting insects, some not so much. I've always been in the not-so-tasty category, which probably explains...other aspects of my life.

You, my friend, appear to have gravitated into the "tasty" category. Take full advantage while you can.

Given @Bairnardo 's diminutive size he must be a midges Amuse-bouche.

11 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Other than being something that could have doubled as a prosthetic leg in the 1800s, does anybody here know what the hell this thing was designed for?

image.png.2c12b4a41e2fcb51100252781fc28bc9.png

I climbed Everest with two of those.