The New Raith Rovers Thread

Easton comes across really well and seems to have genuine enthusiasm for the club so would be a shame to lose him.

However, one thing Smith has really missed this season in my opinion is an experienced Assistant Manager and if Easton does move on i would personally like to see one come in.

I would have brought in big Marvin as manager with God as his assistant.

As it is, let’s get big Marv in as Smith’s assistant. He would be brilliant.

In all seriousness, I would love this to happen. Second sentence more likely than first sentence.

20 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Is Sturrock back at United?

On 8 March 2018, Sturrock renewed his involvement with Dundee United when he was appointed as the club's chief scout in England.[21] Later in March, Sturrock was added to the United coaching staff.[22]

Thinking about the squad, I'd keep Lennox. 

Started the season really well until his injury in the Irn Bru Cup. Looked to have lost a good bit of confidence when he came back in but I reckon there's a 'keeper in there if we can get his confidence back and keep him fit. 

A good back-up is obviously hugely important. 

3 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Thinking about the squad, I'd keep Lennox. 

Started the season really well until his injury in the Irn Bru Cup. Looked to have lost a good bit of confidence when he came back in but I reckon there's a 'keeper in there if we can get his confidence back and keep him fit. 

A good back-up is obviously hugely important. 

He's far to injury prone for us to take the risk unfortunately so I would let him go.

22 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

And so it begins.

Capture3.PNG

:( AstroTurf looks bad enough at Legoland stadiums, but it'll be a really sad sight at Stark's.

Plus it rules out my chances of ever playing there if A) I had footballing ability or B) Was a footballer.

17 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I think you can let him away with his injury last season? It was a freak accident.

What about the 3 strain injuries that he has had? He was out for several months each time after Barr Mchattie we can't take the risk again .

Would Easton be a great loss to us? Can see how good he is with the U20s as a coach. When you actually look at the other teams in the U20s league, it's not really surprising that we've won it 2 seasons in a row.

The one thing that actually worries me about our 'youth development' system is how poor we actually are with loaning players out. I'm not really interested if our youth teams are winning their league. I'd rather see the players developing. Court is a classic example, he's 22 years old and how many senior games has he played. If he'd been loaned out last season and maybe even this season then we'd at least have seen his potential as a Raith player.