The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Just watched the whole 1hr 22 minutes of the hustings. I don't even entertain anything over 6 minutes on Xhamster. 

The candidates came across well and I was especially impressed with David Proudfoot. I like his modern way of thinking. 

As I've said before though, I've seen the way Andy Mill goes about his business at close quarters and how much he already puts into the club. 

He's the outstanding candidate in my opinion though it's heartening knowing that we're going to be well represented by one of the four supporters in for the role. 

From my perspective, and I know don’t know the candidates, and purely going on their hustings performance, I though Bill Gilby and Paul Gilfillan were miles ahead of the other two.

id be inclined to leave Andy Mill at the 200 club, as it’s such a success, and David Proudfoot hmmm, interesting ideas, but catering for one section of the support is an interesting strategy.

What does our squad look like so far?

---------------------------- Nae c**t--------------

----Nae c**t-----Bene------------Davo-------Murray-------

----Nae c**t----Nae c**t-------Nae c**t------Nae c**t-----------

-------------------Vaughan-----------Nae c**t-----------------------

Subs:

Buchanan

Matthews

McKay

Berry

Stevenson

Watson

Sub GK: Nae c**t

2 minutes ago, renton said:

What does our squad look like so far?

---------------------------- Nae c**t--------------

----Nae c**t-----Bene------------Davo-------Murray-------

----Nae c**t----Nae c**t-------Nae c**t------Nae c**t-----------

-------------------Vaughan-----------Nae c**t-----------------------

Subs:

Buchanan

Matthews

McKay

Berry

Stevenson

Watson

Sub GK: Nae c**t

Spoiler

RoryBrianWebsite.jpg

What’s the story with Chris Duggan he’s been link with yours
Who knows? Unless Dumbarton have signed someone very recently we're the last 2 clubs to parade any new faces. Time is a-marching on. In the meantime, buy a season ticket on the strength of half a team!

26 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
34 minutes ago, colin H said:

Who knows? Unless Dumbarton have signed someone very recently we're the last 2 clubs to parade any new faces. Time is a-marching on. In the meantime, buy a season ticket on the strength of half a team!

Half is generous.

I think it's more that there is hee-haw in the way of rumours either. Usually somebody in the know would've leaked *something* by now, or even folk with insider knowledge at other clubs would've probably made it known that we were enquiring about their players. Think the only two things we've seen came largely through the FFP concerning Duggan, and a keeper that is almost certainly Robbie Thomson based on Matt Elder's cryptic clue.

Makes me wonder whether Smith either hasn't really got into it yet, or whether he's talking to folk outside of Scotland - you know, 11th tier England sort of thing like he did with Euan Murray?

28 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
36 minutes ago, colin H said:

maybe its more a case of the club not wanting to jump the gun before players actually return from holiday and sign a proper contract on Friday (1st June) when players can officially sign for clubs. I'd expect signing news to start over the weekend and into next week

Hearing that Robertson has to decide between full time at us, U20s coach at Utd or part time at Arbroath. Arbroath not keen to have him involved with Utd at the same time due to the training they'd want him to do. Of course they could always come to an agreement.

All in all unlikely to be here next season.

Robertson doesn’t have the best past with injuries but he started 30 league matches last season. A fair few were at centre back right enough, but that wasn’t his fault.

Maybe it’s because there are no signings and indeed no prospect of signings, but I’m starting to worry that the likes of Thomson, Spence and probably now Robertson that we’re just waving out the door might be harder to replace than we all seem to think. Unfortunately we’re looking at a very narrow pool of players who haven’t done well with their last club in the Championship, or fancy a crack at going full time. Not convinced someone better than Robertson is out there.

Robertson doesn’t have the best past with injuries but he started 30 league matches last season. A fair few were at centre back right enough, but that wasn’t his fault.

Maybe it’s because there are no signings and indeed no prospect of signings, but I’m starting to worry that the likes of Thomson, Spence and probably now Robertson that we’re just waving out the door might be harder to replace than we all seem to think. Unfortunately we’re looking at a very narrow pool of players who haven’t done well with their last club in the Championship, or fancy a crack at going full time. Not convinced someone better than Robertson is out there.
This. Robertson is a good player and we play better with him in midfield.

11 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

The Courier was linking us with Greg Fleming of Peterhead. 

Good to see the long tradition of fretting about new signings is being carried on though. 

To continue another fine pre season tradition: isn't he pish?