The New Raith Rovers Thread

Ah if only it was Football Manager, a few clicks and you’ve agreed terms in seconds and your parading him within the minute.

In the real world, Players are on holiday, speaking to other clubs. These things don’t take take minutes. They take days, sometimes weeks.

Patience fellow fans. 

Clearly Smith is away to Russia anyway. Why else is things taking so long?

15 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

The silence at Starks Park is deafening. Don’t shoot me down in flames please, these are just my thoughts. I think staying full time isn’t a good idea. Hearing that the budget has been slashed considerably weakens us even more. A clueless hoofball manager, he’s as tactical as a freshly laid turd. Yet even that has a tactic. We seem to let our coaching staff leave for snake mountain (DUFC). I just wonder what kind of calibre full time time players we’re looking at. Every other club apart from a few are making the right kind of noises in recruitment. Yet we are silent. Rumours are fine, but we need something to stimulate the Senses. The club are desperate for season ticket money. But they haven’t given us anything tangible to get behind them. Please I’m not trying to provoke a litany of abuse. Cheers.

I think it is telling that Jason Thomson will apparently earn more from working for DPD than he would have had he signed on again for us. When you add in his PT Arbroath wage it really is a no brainer. If we are at the stage where we are basically offering not much more than PT wages but exepcting the players to put in the hours of a FT player the baw is burst as they say. Who in their right mind is going accept a contract along those lines?

Sorry to burst in, been told Lewis Vaughan signing for us I’m told, can he make the step up to premiership level from league 1 ? Still quite a young lad so plenty potential. 

Cheers for the feed back in advance. 

5 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Sorry to burst in, been told Lewis Vaughan signing for us I’m told, can he make the step up to premiership level from league 1 ? Still quite a young lad so plenty potential. 

Given that Livingston are pretty frugal these days this doesent bode well for any potential fees.

He hasn't really realised his potential yet over a whole season so tricky one. Was on fire first half of last season then regressed a fair bit.

He’ll probably tell the board that he’s supported Livi all his life and we can’t stand in his way. I’ve no doubt he’ll be a premiership player one day. But I’d rather he stayed with us this season. Good luck on your new adventure

Smith saying that despite offering full time terms some part-time sides are still able to match us wage wise :unsure2:

It could be nonsense but a friend of a friend who knows Spence mentioned he had 9 offers for part time football (0 full time) after his release with the top figure being £375 p/w.

Looking at the keepers that are signed up (most teams in that league now have a first choice signed up) there’s not one that is better that Fleming imo.  Unless I’m wrong East Fife, Brechin and Dumbarton are the only ones that I’ve not seen sign a GK yet.

So yeah I’ve got a pretty good idea of the goalies that will be in League 1 next season.

You're wrong, East Fife have signed Brett Long from Dundee United to act as our goal-line custodian!!!

Actually come to think of it, we did sign Lyndsay Hamilton last month as we, so not quite as good an idea as you thought!!![emoji6]

I think it is telling that Jason Thomson will apparently earn more from working for DPD than he would have had he signed on again for us. When you add in his PT Arbroath wage it really is a no brainer. If we are at the stage where we are basically offering not much more than PT wages but exepcting the players to put in the hours of a FT player the baw is burst as they say. Who in their right mind is going accept a contract along those lines?

This was my thinking. The hybrid system would’ve been more effective. We quite possibly could’ve attracted a better P/T player/s. I just think this might be our undoing.

12 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Given that Livingston are pretty frugal these days this doesent bode well for any potential fees.

He hasn't really realised his potential yet over a whole season so tricky one. Was on fire first half of last season then regressed a fair bit.

Probably true, but you'd still think he'd be the absolute keystone to us having any chance of winning the league this year.

Just now, Wardy said:

Like last year?

That we got as close as we did was on the back of a relatively stingy defence and 20 odd goals from Vaughan. He might have been greedy at times, off the boil at others but he still looked like the only decent footballer in our side most of the time.

If we get a decent fee and can use that to bring in some decent replacements, I don't see the problem. Our title challenge will likely depend on Vaughan having a consistently good season along the lines of Shankland.

That's a really big IF though.