The New Raith Rovers Thread

42 minutes ago, grumswall said:
50 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:
Yep concerning along with his comments thinking it was a great game and entertaining for the fans.Sure McGlynn said in a previous interview that loan player worked out  more costly than actually signed players so maybe he got him on the cheap
Mind you,thought Poplantik played pretty well considering hes just in the doot

Kennedy probably makes more a week than the majority of rovers fans on here do a month. He's a highly rated youth player. Poplatnik won't be on the same level as that.

Not in doubt Kennedy would be earning a good weekly wedge but  your highlighting one player not something McGlynn mentioned in his interview.He said loan players are more costly than actually signing a player

Not in doubt Kennedy would be earning a good weekly wedge but  your highlighting one player not something McGlynn mentioned in his interview.He said loan players are more costly than actually signing a player

Iirc he actually said not all loan players come as cheap as you would think. Of course some cost more. They are on a higher wage in the first place. What a daft thing to try argue about.

11 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

You seem bothered about the Trust maybe being afforded some of the blame for the season ticket fiasco but don't think twice about pointing the finger towards the fans rep and the role he may have played? 

Wasn’t my intention to point the finger towards anyone.  Was just noting that we have a fan rep in the boardroom so surely that’s the natural place for fans to ask for an explanation of the thinking as that person was presumably involved in the decision making or at least is in a better position to ask whoever it was who made the decision than any of us. Doubt the fan rep had any personal role in the decision, suspect it was probably Sim’s call alone, but if you’re on a Board then there’s collective responsibility and at the very least, the fans rep is the link between us and the board to explain decisions/feedback fan discontent. 

Maybe I’m just jaded, but I didn’t really see it as a fiasco at all. Prices went up for adults because that’s what Rovers do. They milk us as a fanbase when we they can and after a great season and some feelgood around Kirkcaldy and the context of COVID. it was probably inevitable they would use it to get the arm in a bit. And in the clubs defence, the kids pricing is very decent so they have at least listened to the fans on that front. 

Edited by roverthemoon

Wasn’t my intention to point the finger towards anyone.  Was just noting that we have a fan rep in the boardroom so surely that’s the natural place for fans to ask for an explanation of the thinking as that person was presumably involved in the decision making or at least is in a better position to ask whoever it was who made the decision than any of us. Doubt the fan rep had any personal role in the decision, suspect it was probably Sim’s call alone, but if you’re on a Board then there’s collective responsibility and at the very least, the fans rep is the link between us and the board to explain decisions/feedback fan discontent. 
Maybe I’m just jaded, but I didn’t really see it as a fiasco at all. Prices went up for adults because that’s what Rovers do. They milk us as a fanbase when we they can and after a great season and some feelgood around Kirkcaldy and the context of COVID. it was probably inevitable they would use it to get the arm in a bit. And in the clubs defence, the kids pricing is very decent so they have at least listened to the fans on that front. 

You're just jaded.

Or mental.

20 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Fair enough and apologies if I misunderstood the tone of your post. 

It's probably naive to think that the club would seek to repay the fans for raising huge amounts of money to see them through Covid and only time will tell if their pricing structure for this season worked out. 

32 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

After a bit of disquiet both on here and Fantalk I wrote to the board outlining what I thought of the season ticket deal and where I think they had made mistakes.

As a result of that the fans rep contacted me and I was invited to go down to SP for a meeting with the CEO and the Fans director.  I was in for about an hour and a half and there were lengthy discussions on a few things but mainly the lack of an earlybird  style offer to the returning adult season ticket holders. I showed that last seasons season ticket holder like myself had paid more for streams than those buying games individually and that in many cases had also bought virtual tickets and paid into the monthly player along with various other monthly outlays to RRFC. While I acknowledge that it was our own choice to do so and that it was clearly outwith the clubs hands that we were denied access into the ground, I still felt that the club could have done better by those that had done so much for it for so little return in the last year. This was an opportunity for good PR by thanking the fans who had dug the deepest with a small gesture (10%?). Instead we are left at that point (after renewing discounts at other clubs) with the second highest season ticket price after the Pars who charge £305 for their main stand and are level pegging with Killie who offer renewal at £300. Every other club at that time had posted cheaper season ticket deals for adults.

What I discovered was it seems that individually the board were not fully in agreement with the pricing but the majority decision made was to go down the road of cheaper kids tickets to try to regenerate the fan base bringing in young fans. That said the CEO acknowledged my points and seemed in agreement with much of it. I had the feeling that I'd been listened to, that it had been productive and  that there could be scope for change both in the immediate and longer term regarding my grievances, whether that comes to pass or not we will have to wait and see.

Only friendlies of course but there are some interesting results from yesterday - our league rivals not exactly looking formidable:

Hibs 4 -1  Dunfermline

Accies 0 - 5 Dundee

Larne 2 -  2 Killie

QOS 2 -1 Stranraer

Partick 2 - 1 East Kilbride

Can't understand the whinging that's going on about the season tickets. Works out at £16.66 a game, which will be likely be lower than the walk up price, whenever that is finally announced/allowed.

I mean, what would've been acceptable? £280? £270? Are you actually quibbling over 20 or 30 quid over a season?

Kids pricing very, very reasonable.

Ive been told that we’re organising a bounce game on monday at starks, to play played by trialists all young lads with JMcG looking to sign up to 7 of them. 

Does anyone know if we’re planning on running a youth team/reserve squad this season?

12 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

200 club clique backing up fans rep, voted in on back of 200 club clique  🤷‍♂️

Andy Mill was reelected a couple of months ago as the sole candidate. 

That could either be due to apathy on the part of other potential candidates, or, more likely, it could be that people think he's done a pretty good job and were happy to elect him again uncontested. 

As far as the 200 club 'clique' is concerned, the 200 club had about 80 or 90 members at present. Even if they all voted for Andy Mill, that's nothing like enough votes to win, therefore he must have appealed to the wider fan base. 

Have you actually contacted him to air your grievances? 

1 hour ago, RavyDavy said:

Can't understand the whinging that's going on about the season tickets. Works out at £16.66 a game, which will be likely be lower than the walk up price, whenever that is finally announced/allowed.

I mean, what would've been acceptable? £280? £270? Are you actually quibbling over 20 or 30 quid over a season?

Kids pricing very, very reasonable.

I actually agree with the kids pricing and voiced that the adult price wasn't that dear either despite being joint 2nd highest. What I was unhappy with was the removal of an earlybird renewal discount for those that had bought a ticket last season and in doing so ended up having paid more than most. EG those that paid £200 for the season ticket as opposed to those that only paid about £156 for the 13 individual streams.

However, apparently season ticket sales only account for a small percentage of the annual income and we had about 1000 season ticket holders so. It was said that season sales (£200k) is only a small percentage  (5%, 10% or 15%) of the total income, Lets say its in the middle and it's 10% of the whole income.

1000 x £200 (Average of adult and concession) = £200,000, there for  a 10% discount would be a £20,000 drop in income.

If that % figure of the total income is equal to 10% and that amount is £200k then a 10% discount on that  would = £20,000

£20k sounds a lot but in reality but it's 10%  of £200,000 and in the end only 1% of the total income.

eg

Total income £2M (I doubt it!!)

Season ticket sales = 10% (£200,000),  10%  discount on 10% = 1% of the whole (£20,000)

£2M, 1% = £20,000

If that's wrong my apologies, I ran out of space on this fag packet 😉

EDITED TO ADD I'M NOT SAYING THAT SEASON SALES DO ACCOUNT FOR 10%  OF THE CLUBS INCOME, THAT IS MERELY AN EXAMPLE OF A SMALL AMOUNT.

Edited by Scottydog

I bought a season ticket last year for the 1st time in 20+ years.

I knew I wouldn’t get into a game, but felt the club needed the money.

I’m not renewing this year, for a variety of reasons.

Did see one club somewhere put fans names on their tops, couldn’t this have been done to recognise last years season ticket holders 🤷‍♂️

I didn't have an issue with this seasons price, was more that last season's ticket holders paid more for the same product as those who streamed week to week.  Now not getting to games was always the risk, but I was a bit peeved personally that there was pretty much zero acknowledgement of that or even a token gesture directed at those people,at the time tickets went on sale.

Now I've had a couple of free friendlies I feel that's at least something,  but I do think it could have been communicated better at the time.

31 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

I bought a season ticket last year for the 1st time in 20+ years.

I knew I wouldn’t get into a game, but felt the club needed the money.

I’m not renewing this year, for a variety of reasons.

Did see one club somewhere put fans names on their tops, couldn’t this have been done to recognise last years season ticket holders 🤷‍♂️

Queen of the South putting last season's season ticket holder's names on their new kit plus each ticket holder  getting £20 voucher for club shop. 

Season tickets weren't as good value as usual last year, that's fair - but at least they were a tangible product for your money.  Tens of thousands were given in literal donations though, with a lot less in return than a season ticket (or a home shirt, or a mouse mat, or a lotto ticket, or any of the other things we buy to support the club).  I think we often expect a bit too much from clubs in this respect.   If you're buying something, you get the thing - huge amounts were donated 'to keep the club going' so if there are 'thank you' gestures getting dished out it would be strange to channel it all into season ticket prices.

1 minute ago, L. Brilliant said:

Season tickets weren't as good value as usual last year, that's fair - but at least they were a tangible product for your money.  Tens of thousands were given in literal donations though, with a lot less in return than a season ticket (or a home shirt, or a mouse mat, or a lotto ticket, or any of the other things we buy to support the club).  I think we often expect a bit too much from clubs in this respect.   If you're buying something, you get the thing - huge amounts were donated 'to keep the club going' so if there are 'thank you' gestures getting dished out it would be strange to channel it all into season ticket prices.

Indeed, but they were sold as a means of getting entry to games, to the point of selecting seats etc.  Now that was always out of the clubs control, but we ended up with a situation where people who paid £200 cash up front when the club really needed it, ended up with less value for money than those who paid per stream.  At a tike where there is still the possibility of future disruption to fixtures of sort, and some kind of return to streaming at some point,  I think it would have been sensible to at least mention or reference this.  Can you imagine the uproar if this years price worked out more pro rata per game than walk up price? Uptake would be reduced,  for sure.

I just feel that it should have been acknowledged. Didn't stop me purchasing a season ticket or anything,  but I do feel there is a general feeling out there that season ticket buyers will always do it because they love the club.  Whilst that is true to an extent, economic future is a best uncertain,  and the days of people blindly chucking hundreds of pounds towards football can't be guaranteed- especially when you end up with situations where you financially lost out in doing do. 

The donations were absolutely excellent,  but the club have been very appreciative of that over the past year to be fair to them.

On 02/07/2021 at 19:53, ATLIS said:

In all honesty I reckon Lokotsch is the better player, but I've seen nowhere near enough to make that claim of either of them

Two very different players. Lars was a battering ram and was signed by Livi as a potential Dykes replacement. Polatnik has a bit more guile about him. Likes the ball into feet but can mix it in the air considering his size. He's like a less skillful version of JET but has more work rate.

22 hours ago, renton said:

Poplatnik looked good. Direct, held his defender off well, was clever with his passing and reacted well to score.

That what he does well...get the ball into his feet and get lads running off him. Think he'll do well for you guys, I really like him but we didn't play to his strengths