The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Happy with this, on face value it looks like a nice mix between pragmatism and ambition.

As dissapointing a season as its been, I would have taken the option of 7th place with new ownership structure in place.

Probably the best we could have hoped for with hindsight. A few league places higher to boost the funds available would have been nice.

47 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Youngmcnaughtleigh, must be busy washing the egg of his face after that announcement 😂😂😂😂

No I'm OK  I was only passing on what seemed a credible development given the details 

After some of the words o wisdom on here about formations and player signings etc there can't be much eggs left in kdy

As for Jimmy Nic along with  Mcglyn the pair maybe won a cup but left the club with plenty debt

Glad I've amused you tho no hard feelings

15 minutes ago, Youngmcnaughtleigh said:

No I'm OK  I was only passing on what seemed a credible development given the details 

After some of the words o wisdom on here about formations and player signings etc there can't be much eggs left in kdy

As for Jimmy Nic along with  Mcglyn the pair maybe won a cup but left the club with plenty debt

Can you get your source to tell us that we won't win the league next season and we won't sign a 30 goal per season striker? 

19 minutes ago, Youngmcnaughtleigh said:

Maybe a quiet word with your "source" or give them a shoeing for talking utter pish. 

28 minutes ago, Youngmcnaughtleigh said:

Haven’t read back the thread so not sure what this point is referring to, but managers will always ask for the signings/money they think they need. That’s their job. It’s not their job to balance the books of the football club or avoid debt. That’s firmly at the door of the Board/Chairman. So if there was debt after their spells it was 100% Penman and Sim’s fault. 

3 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Right, new owners are watching. Your lads better have their minds on the game and not on the beach.

You are in luck looks like we may have enough bodies to put 3 on the bench tonight.

20 minutes ago, Roath Raver said:

Here is our interview with John Sim, Andrew Barrowman and Ruaridh Kilgour.

Also available in podcast form - https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/raithtv/episodes/Extended-Interview-John-Sim--Andrew-Barrowman-and-Ruaridh-Kilgour-e23i6ve

Within two minutes Sim mentions Kelty's portacabins he loves a portacabin eh ? 🤣

1 hour ago, roverthemoon said:

Haven’t read back the thread so not sure what this point is referring to, but managers will always ask for the signings/money they think they need. That’s their job. It’s not their job to balance the books of the football club or avoid debt. That’s firmly at the door of the Board/Chairman. So if there was debt after their spells it was 100% Penman and Sim’s fault. 

Most of the debt accrued under Nicholl was in his second spell.

Penman was away by then. Alan Kelly to blame.

Some interesting ideas in there, increased hospitality and changes to the internals of the main stand sound really promising. Looking forward to seeing how that progresses. Personally, i'd love to have some sort of hospitality option that allows me to sit in the south stand during the game and then going back post-game etc. 

Very good interview, Andy Barrowman and Ruaridh Kilgour spoke very well and positively. Nice to see younger people coming in. Fresh ideas and great to hear that our playing budget will be improved along with the stadium.