The New Raith Rovers Thread

We always say if a manger comes in and does well then he’ll be away after a season, if he does badly then we’ll have to sack him. Turns out you can be kinda average and also lose your manger.

Edited by Enigma

Courts seems almost like the obvious choice if Murray leaves. I’d maybe like to see us take a look at Bartley too, though it’s maybe to early to tell with him.

Edited by Enigma

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

If Murray was to go and we got Tam Courts, would that be acceptable? 

Wouldn't be the worst shout in the world. Would hope the club moved quickly. We don't want a repeat of last close season.

6 minutes ago, Enigma said:

We always say if a manger comes in and does well then he’ll be away after a season, if he does badly then we’ll have to sack him. Turns out you can be kinda average and also lose your manger.

The joys of supporting a provincial town football club, eh? 

laugh-creepy.gif

Edited by Michael W

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

If Murray was to go and we got Tam Courts, would that be acceptable? 

Yeah that’s what I thought too. Dean McKenzie would have been the person that appointed him at Kelty wouldn’t he? Anyone but John Potter tbf, that’s my main concern right now.

Also, I hope that contract with Connolly is watertight!

I was on the fence with Murray, I was disappointed with how our season panned out but think he deserved another bite at it. Losing him at this stage is a blow to our preparations… negated slightly by our new ‘structure’ where hopefully the show goes on with Potter planning things so that the cogs don’t completely stop turning.

Agreed, I don't think he's the best manager in the world but there's the feeling that we could be starting to build something good here and Murray seems to be a good fit.  

Having to quickly appoint someone new when we've presumably had no indication that we may be in the market for a manager (and therefor not really have any serious list of potential replacements) is a worry at this stage and would definitely set us back for next season, even if we do somehow manage to find someone as good as Murray.

It would be a big risk for Murray, a rebuilding job given their lack of contracted players and probably favourites to go down next season but I imagine Nelms et al think they're much better than that. Could be a short lived gig.