The New Raith Rovers Thread

9 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Had my calculator out and this is how I see it .....

2nd places
Livvy 10pts +9gd at least  THROUGH

-------------------------------
Morton 9pts +4gd at least
Dundee 9pts +3gd at least
Raith 9 pts +3gd at least

Likely Out
Forfar 9 pts will drop to at most +3

So assuming we win, we SHOULD go through if we score more than Morton (h v Edinurgh City) and Dundee (h v ICT) in their games.  Typically Dundee will know what they have to do at home to ICT as they play Sunday.  Therefore we just need to score as many as possible against Annan and hope its 2 goals more than Morton do.....or do the unthinkable and back ICT on Sunday at Dens......

I think you should have a recheck on that GD.

Ton are +4 (7 v 3), RR (5 v 3) and Dundee are +2 (4 v 2).

So you both need +3 on the Ton's final game score assuming all three win. Note Ton have already scored 7 goals, v RR 5 and Dundee 4 

I am not happy Dundee are playing Sunday v ICT and will know what is needed, unless we Hibs it!

14 hours ago, pub car king said:

Well who would have thought we'd become the darlings of Spanish football. 

Some of you may know that Spanish football was founded by a Scot called Alexander Mackay from the village of Lybster in Caithness. He formed Recreation de Huelva on 23rd December 1889 for recreational purposes for the Rio Tinto mine workers. This is the oldest club in Spain. A year later the newly formed Sevilla played Huelva in a match and from here the sport expanded rapidly.

Mackay had played for his local village club (still going strong by the way) before going to Spain.

The Lybster team visited and played a game against Recreativo five years ago. The rematch in Lybster is scheduled hopefully for next year.

26 minutes ago, embow said:

Some of you may know that Spanish football was founded by a Scot called Alexander Mackay from the village of Lybster in Caithness. He formed Recreation de Huelva on 23rd December 1889 for recreational purposes for the Rio Tinto mine workers. This is the oldest club in Spain. A year later the newly formed Sevilla played Huelva in a match and from here the sport expanded rapidly.

Mackay had played for his local village club (still going strong by the way) before going to Spain.

The Lybster team visited and played a game against Recreativo five years ago. The rematch in Lybster is scheduled hopefully for next year.

He must be a fair age by now. Fair play to him!

6 minutes ago, Raith1234 said:

Think this has been covered before but does anyone know if this number includes the u12s? 

I suspect that it does. I'm sure to get a free u12 ticket, you have to have an accompanying paid adult ticket, so I don't expect the numbers to be massive given the prerequisite. Its a good total for us though. Genuine feel good factor around the club and what they're doing right now. Keep up the momentum.

4 hours ago, Raithie said:

1600 season tickets sold, our highest tally in 10 years. Fair play.

Which manager was in charge last time we sold 1600 season tickets? I’m amazed we’ve ever sold 1600 season tickets before.

3 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I don't think you'll find many people who've seen enough of him to really offer a rounded judgement. 

What he does have is potential. He's had limited game time, naturally, but what we've seen shows promise. A run in a 1st team is what he needs.

21 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

Bollocks, I ordered at least 1 size up, might have to change mine.

Arrived today, it's slightly big but by no means a fucking tent so decided to keep it as I couldn't be arsed waiting 2 weeks to change it

edit - the away strip is a belter 

Edited by keyser_soze