The New Raith Rovers Thread

10 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Get yer wallet oot, Ethan. 

I'm old enough to remember the red colour fading out of the number 2 on Craig Wilson's jersey by the end of one season, because he'd played every single game and the players had only been issued with one shirt!

Edited by Kuma Power

38 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I do find it interesting that he's plumped for the main stand as his stand of choice though...

It's because it's seen as the players come on to the pitch - picked up by RaithTV.

Would be nice if they filmed the players at a different angle to avoid the flag.

The tweet I saw over the weekend wasn't the one with the guys posing outside the Estuary, but another of someone holding the UDA flag, posing with presumably his Dad, along with the message, "Welcome to loyalist Kirkcaldy" 

An odd idea for a family day out, but we're all different I suppose. 

I notice the guy has now deleted his X account, which is unsurprising, as while I don't know exactly how the HR policies operate at his work, I suspect I'd be in a spot of bother if I was posting images online of me proudly holding a flag of an organisation that was responsible for killing several hundred people. 

Thing is, it's not as if they're young guys who don't know any better. One looked in his 40's and the other in his 60's. Bizarre

Edited by McGuigan1978

1 hour ago, McGuigan1978 said:

…I suspect I'd be in a spot of bother if I was posting images online of me proudly holding a flag of an organisation that was responsible for killing several hundred people. 

Not many (National/Regional) flags around that don’t have that stone around their necks, to be honest…

1 hour ago, Wildrover said:

Get the flag binned and the bigots banned from Starks, no time for this sectarian nonsense

Why specify banning the flag and then pretend that banning said flag wouldn’t be sectarian.

Personally, I like the bigots waving all those flags around, it helps you recognize them.

23 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Not many (National/Regional) flags around that don’t have that stone around their necks, to be honest…

Why specify banning the flag and then pretend that banning said flag wouldn’t be sectarian.

Personally, I like the bigots waving all those flags around, it helps you recognize them.

The people who have the flag are undisputedly bigots ban them and there baggage   

Have to agree.  Get that piece of shit oot our ground.  Along with the fascist union rag.
The clubs reputation hit the gutter with signing THAT player.  Hard work has brought the reputation back up.  Watch it get dragged back down now by knuckledragging bigots being allowed to bring us down to their level.  That flag is contentious at best due to 2014.  I personally find it downright disgusting and want no association with it. 
It is the moron with the flag that is bringing politics into it btw.  We never had any issue until he brought that rag.  Now watch as his 'mates' start to come along and bring the club right to its knees because he is getting away with it.

5 hours ago, Wildrover said:

The people who have the flag are undisputedly bigots ban them and there baggage   

I assume you’d be OK with banning anyone with a St. Andrews flag too then? Or are there some bigots that are acceptable?

I’m simply pointing out a flag (by itself) doesn’t make a bigot, but it gives you an idea of inclinations so you can investigate further. I do find both the the extreme pro-Union and anti-Union tendencies of some to be somewhat perplexing, but I understand some of the considerations that both sides express. I’d rather allow people to fly whatever they wish, but much like the freedom to say things, that doesn’t provide freedom from consequence (and/or judgement).

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

I assume you’d be OK with banning anyone with a St. Andrews flag too then? Or are there some bigots that are acceptable?

I’m simply pointing out a flag (by itself) doesn’t make a bigot, but it gives you an idea of inclinations so you can investigate further. I do find both the the extreme pro-Union and anti-Union tendencies of some to be somewhat perplexing, but I understand some of the considerations that both sides express. I’d rather allow people to fly whatever they wish, but much like the freedom to say things, that doesn’t provide freedom from consequence (and/or judgement).

No normal and self respecting Scottish person would ever carry and display a union flag. That flag only exists in this country as a symbol of oppression and to insight political tension. The only "Scottish" people who would ever associate themselves with a union flag are royalist tories and bigoted Rangers fans. That's why that flag in particular is extremely annoying to see at Starks Park or any stadium that isn't ibrox. 

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Sorry we are a Scottish club playing in a Scottish league the Saltire is the only flag that should be on display.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Listen Sherlock, these bams were photographed with their flag alongside, and therefore identifying with, UDA flags. There's no investigation required. They're not welcome at our club. 

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Listen Sherlock, these bams were photographed with their flag alongside, and therefore identifying with, UDA flags. There's no investigation required. They're not welcome at our club. 

I don’t disagree with that one bit, it’s the addition of anyone with that* flag that seems just as wrong.

*Edited to clarify “that” isn’t referring to that specific flag, but any version of a Union flag in this case.

Edited by TxRover

10 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Don’t think fans can self police on this one or it’ll end up in fight. It’s up to the club to stop him hanging it, which after how he posed with it on Saturday they should be able to do. If they don’t choose to act then we’re stuck with it. 
Suspect it’ll be at away games regardless. 

I’ve a feeling a punch up in the future might be inevitable since they publicly outed themselves and their views while dragging RRFC and Kirkcaldy into their sectarian shite. That flag getting put up at an away game might now be met with at least a few harsh comments toward them. 

Is the halfwit with the flag really a Rovers supporter, or just another newco knuckle dragger who took advantage of our game (given who the opposition was). Theres been nothing said about that kind of flag at our matches in the past that I'm aware of

if he is a supporter of ours he'll maybe be brave enough to unfurl it the next time we play Celtic and get what he deserves 😂😂🤗