The New Raith Rovers Thread

So fairly obvious with Byrne not being allowed to play (feckin shite Dundee) then Brown will fill that position with Corr and new guy coming in. Or one of them with Dick in the middle with McGill on the left. 
We’ll be more vulnerable this Friday at the back vs any other time this season.

As I’ve said I’m seeing a goal fest. A case of who can outscore the other. 

Pars 2-3 Rovers, we like that scoreline.

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Fecking scandalous that they can do that, when hes signed on loan till end of the season and indeed is out of contract with them in the summer 

Dundee will likely have a recall on him come January if need be so understandable there stance on Byrne not playing in SC as much of a pisser it is

Ayr Utd have two players on loan and sure one (chalmers?)is not being allowed to play in the cup where one is

18 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Dundee will likely have a recall on him come January if need be so understandable there stance on Byrne not playing in SC as much of a pisser it is

Ayr Utd have two players on loan and sure one (chalmers?)is not being allowed to play in the cup where one is

Aye, Dowds. He must really have pissed on Doolan's chips...

45 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Aye recall him in January and then loan him to their pal McPake, I hope Dundee are gonna pay for his winners medal when we win the final 🤗😂😂🤗

Lovely...that's almost certainly gonna be a 4-1-3-2:

Big Kev and Thomson at Keeper/bench

Millen/Brown/O'Reilly/Dick with Corr able to spell O'Reilly and Hannah on the bench (possibly with Masson...but do we hold him to get him ready for RB against ICT?)

Stanton deep, with two of Mullin/Easton/Connolly wide and one on the bench

Then two of Hamilton, Gullan, Vaughan and Smith up top with the other two on the bench

O'Reilly is primarily left footed, so I doubt we'll see an O'Reilly/Dick CB pairing, but if IM really wants Brown at Dm because Byrne is out, it's possible. If Corr was up to fitness, I'd say with Byrne out he'd play at CB with O'Reilly, and Brown would be at DM. Looks like Stanton will be lying deep again...not ideal for opportunities, but it's worked before. Now, if IM wants to get creative, Connolly playing deep with Stanton in a 4-2-3-1 is possible, as he's even played LB before...

4 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

thought that was just some trolling Pars erse that was on the wind up that.

I find it incredibly ungentlemanly & unsporting and smacks of desperation to beat us coming from McPake, if indeed it is true

Is there any truth in this or just made up internet pish?

8 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

It’s fact that Dundee are not allowing Byrne to play (confirmed by Murray in the pre-match interview with Raith TV). 

Almost certainly internet pish that McPake had any influence on that decision but I guess you never know. 

1000% internet nonsense.

McPake… the guy Dundee horsed out the back door now has a say on their current transfer activity. Jesus wept.

8 hours ago, raith1974 said:

I think we will go with Corr and O'Reilly as the pairing. This allows Brown to return to his natural position as a straight replacement for Byrne. 

We need Hamilton up top supported by Vaughan, Stanton, Connolly and Smith or Gullan.

I don’t think Corr is ready and able to play the full 90. He only returned to practice fully AFTER the Accies game and his cameo. Also, pairing a returning young player with a new teammate is not a good plan. Much as I’d like Brown in the middle to cover Byrnes absence, it’s more important to play him at CB. If Masson is healthy, he’s more likely to start than Corr, and I don’t think IM would do that either. O’Reilly needs a veteran player teamed with him because he new to the team/players, and Dick and O’Reilly both prefer LCB, hence are an unlikely pair too.

Now, there is something I hadn’t considered…Millen has, on occasion, played at CB. If Millen played at RCB, with O’Reilly at LCB and Dick at LB, then we possibly have Masson or McGill at RB…or perhaps even Mullin, who has played at RB a few times (and once at LB). That gives O’Reilly stability and experience for his introduction.

12 hours ago, renton said:

Still their player, they might need him yet. Well within their rights as annoying as it is for us. Hence the O'Reilly signing.

100% correct.

I doubt we'll let Andy McNeill play in the cup for Edinburgh City on Saturday for the same reason.

And I doubt we'll let Kieran Mitchell play for East Fi..... Oh wait.

Whilst the McPake begging Dundee to cup tie Byrne is most definitely made up internet pish, it's still a narrative I quite enjoy. 😂

We're definitely there to be got at on Friday. A new and inexperienced centre half pairing will definitely struggle and the Pars have seen a return of a couple of key players recently so it could be a tough night for our boys.

Pressure is what makes diamonds though :)