The New Raith Rovers Thread

Hard to be critical given we're top of the league at New Year.  Disappointing to have effectively thrown away 4 points in the last two games but there were always going to be bumps in the road.  

Main issue that I see is that we have a really bad habit of losing all sense of calm once we concede and go into panic mode for the next 10/15 minutes, usually resulting in us losing another goal.  Rather not concede goals in the first place, but if we do concede, not going into panic mode right after would be nice.

The thing with Murray is he's always trying to play his best players from the start. The problem is we are shoehorning forwards into midfield and midfielders into defence we've got away with it fir a while but it's getting to a crucial point in the season now people are working us out. 

The 11 best is rarely the best 11.

I don't t for the life of me know why Matthews isn't getting minutes, or McGill for that matter. Yes the guy has range to his game but his natural position is in midfield, I'd say he's deserving match time. 

I'd also like to touch on Jack Hamilton briefly, he scored a great strikers goal yesterday but he wasted easier chances and not for the first time. His scoring return has been a little underwhelming so far which is a shame because he does a power of work when he plays and is a stuck on starter for me maybe it's a confidence thing? 

Watched the highlights and we should’ve been out of sight. Said it yesterday after the game that Abroath were there for a pumping. 

Naivety last two home games. When you don’t have Stanton you cannot continue with that swashbuckling / basketball style of play and formation. 

Double subs required ht vs Ayr and same yesterday when the 2nd went in. Stifle the opposition, frustrate them and don’t give them a sniff they’re getting anything out the game. I like Abroath, fantastic club but that was a shocking 11 they had out on the park yesterday…I’m certain Falkirk or Hamilton would’ve given them a scudding.

On the highlights I didn’t clock how low Hamiltons demeanour looked, didn’t celebrate Eastons goal, head down a lot and not excited with his goal. Hopefully nothing wrong as whilst he’s not shown it yet with his goal return he’s undoubtedly top class.

i felt Murrays post match comments were aimed somewhat at Easton. Just hope the massive increase in attention hasn’t got his ego getting too big.

Big test on the 2nd against a depleted Pars team. It’s actually away from home we concede less goals and look better balanced. Hope we get a bit of bite back into the performance.

Edited by RAITHROVERS84

I don’t see O’Reilly getting a start yesterday unless he’s been offered terms to stay on.

Murray was non-comital in his pre-match comments but surely, against strugglers Abroath, you go with Brown at centre half - or Corr in to start - if you’re intending on letting O’Reilly just toddle off as of January 1st?

1 hour ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

i felt Murrays post match comments were aimed somewhat at Easton. Just hope the massive increase in attention hasn’t got his ego getting too big.

I mentioned maybe a few heads mightve been turned since Dundee United as a few players hadn’t looked the same and I think he’s one them been doing a wee bit of showboating the last few games where as he’s been doing most things right during and before that game…. But I can be completely wrong though but there’s defo a mental block somewhere atm with the squad 

16 hours ago, Kirkcaldybanjo said:

Didn’t think the crowd helped the team yesterday. 3800 and no encouragement at all.you could hear a pin drop apart from after the goal’s were scored.

Aye, but its a two way street Banjo.  Sometimes the team need to give the crowd something to shout about!

6 minutes ago, Arthur Reid McDermott said:

Aye, but its a two way street Banjo.  Sometimes the team need to give the crowd something to shout about!

Disagree, the younger lads dictate the atmosphere.

Nothing to do with the size of the crowd. There was 180 odd of us in Kilmarnock this season, maybe 400 in Inverness and it was bouncing. 

Unless it’s a bigger team at home it’s usually a refereeing issue that gets the noise going.

Atmosphere on away days are far better than at Starks Park.That’s always been the case and is the same for every team.

Been a few special atmospheres away from home this season-even more so when the singing/drum section locate themselves near the front.

13 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Some uptake for tickets for tomorrow, there will be blood and snotters on the pitch and the Cowdenbeath end will be bouncing.

I’m a wee bit disappointed with the uptake tbh. For a game just along the road when most people are off work, I thought there would have been more sold. I think the last two results have put a few off by the looks of things.

8 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I’m a wee bit disappointed with the uptake tbh. For a game just along the road when most people are off work, I thought there would have been more sold. I think the last two results have put a few off by the looks of things.

????

we have sold more than I thought. It’s Christmas time so money is tight for most people, it’s a long January for most people. We have played away a few times in December and we have a few away in January including Livingston in the cup. People will pick and choose the away games. Considering this is the 5th time we will be playing them also. The game is likely going to be a PPV game as well so many people will save money doing that. 

We have pretty much sold out the three main sections excluding the front which have just become available and the sides are starting to sell too. I don’t think considering all the factors that the number of tickets sold is disappointing, I think quite the opposite. 

41 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

????

we have sold more than I thought. It’s Christmas time so money is tight for most people, it’s a long January for most people. We have played away a few times in December and we have a few away in January including Livingston in the cup. People will pick and choose the away games. Considering this is the 5th time we will be playing them also. The game is likely going to be a PPV game as well so many people will save money doing that. 

We have pretty much sold out the three main sections excluding the front which have just become available and the sides are starting to sell too. I don’t think considering all the factors that the number of tickets sold is disappointing, I think quite the opposite. 

It is on Pars TV PPV for £15.