The New Raith Rovers Thread

47 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Because not everyone has kids so why on earth would that soften the blow for those that done either have them, or take them? 

Depends, if you were a home fan at EEP you could buy your kid a season ticket which works out at a pound a game. 

There's no technicallys about it, for a decent amount of the crowd you are more expensive, and by a decent amount. 

The mental gymnastics taking place here to keep bringing up kids is just absolutely daft. 

Softens the blow for me

On 06/03/2024 at 17:11, SerieA said:

A tweet earlier from Dylan Corr earlier with the football and bin emoji. Now deleted 

Ok so my laddie just told me this ⚽🗑️ means “football dump”. 

feck I feel old. 🤣

28 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Where's the podcast? spotify is looking at me confused and trying to inflict the Arbroath game on me again. 

There was a post on x saying there wouldn't be one. 

Personally, I think £24 is too much for football at any level.

I understand it at our level though where ticket sales undoubtedly form a significant part of our annual turnover. 

However, it was interesting to note that the matchday revenue for our recent game with Morton (when prices were reduced to £10) was more than it was for 9 of our other home games this season (charged at full price).

There has to be a happy medium where the price is low enough to significantly increase crowds but high enough to maximise revenue.

37 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Personally, I think £24 is too much for football at any level.

I understand it at our level though where ticket sales undoubtedly form a significant part of our annual turnover. 

However, it was interesting to note that the matchday revenue for our recent game with Morton (when prices were reduced to £10) was more than it was for 9 of our other home games this season (charged at full price).

There has to be a happy medium where the price is low enough to significantly increase crowds but high enough to maximise revenue.

The match day revenue thing is a bit misleading when you break it down, in that for the Morton game the full season ticket money was already in the bank, so the half price tickets only affected the balance of the attendance not counting the season ticket money and not the 4000 odd in attendance. 

As many of the earlier fixtures had attendances nearer the low 3000s, then taking in to a count the extra 1000 odd on the gate paying a tenner and the extra money made from the kiosks etc then it’s not hard to see how the revenue was similar. Well done to the board though for getting the extra punters through the door without much ‘loss’.

2 hours ago, grumswall said:

There was a post on x saying there wouldn't be one. 

Aye, unfortunately we had a few instances where life has dictated. We *might* have a recording this evening but if not we'll have one for Sunday covering the post match and a look ahead to Tuesday.

Ahead of Saturday, Nutmeg Magazine reports on the mixture of pettiness, edginess and clever marketing which has made Raith v Pars arguably the third biggest active derby in the country this season. 

Read the derby preview for free here — THE FIFE DERBY: PSYOPS AND SHITHOUSERY IN THE KINGDOM

Raith are also the subject of the latest issue's cover story

Nutmeg31.Cover_.Pre-order-400x500.webp

2 hours ago, Nutmeg Richard said:

Ahead of Saturday, Nutmeg Magazine reports on the mixture of pettiness, edginess and clever marketing which has made Raith v Pars arguably the third biggest active derby in the country this season. 

Read the derby preview for free here — THE FIFE DERBY: PSYOPS AND SHITHOUSERY IN THE KINGDOM

Raith are also the subject of the latest issue's cover story

Nutmeg31.Cover_.Pre-order-400x500.webp

My nutmeg mag arrived today.

First time I've seen it properly.

Very impressive.

There's a discussion going on in the County thread about Kyle Turner, even how the loan signing came about in the first place. Wonder if anyone here knows more about it? How ironic it would be if he Turner was to score the winning goal in the play off final against County!!

Is he doing ok with Raith since he joined? It seemed a strange signing, especially when we knew Dhanda would be away from a County perspective.

While obviously not in Dhanda's class (which is why Hearts have signed him...) on the glimpses I saw of him I thought there was a player there! Yet have heard Mullin is keeping him out the team occasionally. I do have a funny feeling it will be a County v Raith play off final and really, Raith would be favourites the way our squad is at the moment!

Edited by Sonam

Interesting article in the FFP: https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers-boss-ian-murray-reveals-positive-news-on-keith-watson-injury-front-and-says-hed-like-to-sign-crocked-fellow-defender-lee-ashcroft-this-summer-4548101

Sounds like IM is keen to sign Lee Ashcroft in the summer - which would be a good step IMO. He also Mentions Dylan Corr stating "he could do with game time". I personally had assumed that Dylan was done with us. He hasn't had enough game time for me to have much opinion on him, but I would rather see Dylan given a chance than playing people out of position. I think would like to see him start on Saturday rather than play someone out of position... and if he is mince, he could always be taken off.

2 minutes ago, Sonam said:

There's a discussion going on in the County thread about Kyle Turner, even how the loan signing came about in the first place. Wonder if anyone here knows more about it? How ironic it would be if he Turner was to score the winning goal in the play off final against County!!

You have got to think there would be a clause in the loan deal to stop that from being able to happen. In any case, I doubt IM would play him - its far too much a conflict of interest.

Kev

Brown Brown Murray Dick

Byrne  

Mullin     Stanton     Easton

Vaughan   Rudden

Close to dropping Kev but don’t think Murray will for this type of game.

Don’t think Watson will be fit/risked. Brown will be his replacement and not Corr as usual.

Byrne definitely ahead of Matthews.

Tried and tested front 5.

8 minutes ago, SerieA said:

Kev

Brown Brown Murray Dick

Byrne  

Mullin     Stanton     Easton

Vaughan   Rudden

Close to dropping Kev but don’t think Murray will for this type of game.

Don’t think Watson will be fit/risked. Brown will be his replacement and not Corr as usual.

Byrne definitely ahead of Matthews.

Tried and tested front 5.

Pretty much my favoured team too. 

If we are trying to hold on to a lead we can then bring Matthews on for a striker (not very Ian Murray I know) 

If we're behind Connolly and Smith both offer a good amount of energy against tired legs and we know what Hamilton offers.

32 minutes ago, chris1883 said:

You have got to think there would be a clause in the loan deal to stop that from being able to happen. In any case, I doubt IM would play him - its far too much a conflict of interest.

If a loan is between players in the same league, there is an automatic clause that stops them from playing against their parent club. I think its something that has to be negotiated between the clubs if they come up against each other in play-offs. Cup games is easy, you say they're cup tied.