The New Raith Rovers Thread

One thing missing from the interview was whether conversations had taken place with Murray about the results/performances. It wasn't specifically asked, but no reference was made by Barrowman to it when outlining the reasoning behind the decision. 

McCabe would be a fantastic appointment if we can make it happen, although he might feel his stock is high and that he can afford to wait for the inevitable Hibs sacking. I wonder if part of it might come down to his desire to continue playing - you'd assume he won't if he goes to a Premiership side. 

All I would say about McCabe is he would have more chance of promotion with Raith than Airdrie (no offence). His time will come in the premier league regardless of if he moves now or doesn’t. He’s also young enough to take a “sideward” step, fight for promotion, keep playing and move on to a hearts/ hibs/ Aberdeen in a couple years when he is retired from playing. 

Not sure if anyone has said this previously but Shelley Kerr (Rhys McCabes aunt) was on a Scottish football podcast (Ewan Cameron was the host) and was asked about the chances of Rhys going to Raith and her answer was absolutely no chance. 

4 minutes ago, Michael W said:

One thing missing from the interview was whether conversations had taken place with Murray about the results/performances. It wasn't specifically asked, but no reference was made by Barrowman to it when outlining the reasoning behind the decision. 

McCabe would be a fantastic appointment if we can make it happen, although he might feel his stock is high and that he can afford to wait for the inevitable Hibs sacking. I wonder if part of it might come down to his desire to continue playing - you'd assume he won't if he goes to a Premiership side. 

if he gets offered a job like Hibs, I doubt playing the odd game is going to be a big driver in his thinking. 

Don’t get how the interview equals interest in McCabe. Could quite easily be Imrie. Or anyone else! It was hardly revealing. “Tell me about” followed by an answer that became very repetitive across the interview. 

4 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Not sure if anyone has said this previously but Shelley Kerr (Rhys McCabes aunt) was on a Scottish football podcast (Ewan Cameron was the host) and was asked about the chances of Rhys going to Raith and her answer was absolutely no chance. 

I mean she's hardly going to come out and say that he'd definitely be up for moving to us, that would just result in McCabe on the phone to her asking wtf she was up to and a fall out.   Not that I think for a second we'll get McCabe.  I'm sure he'd be one of the guys the board would like to have, but I don't think there's a chance it happens.

Our main weakness for quite some time has been a lack of forwards. Whoever is in charge of recruitment should have had this as their

main priority. We have signed several defenders with no noticeable improvement in that department. There is still a reluctance to mark wingers.

If we adopt the same generally negative tactics as other teams then how can we win games.

12 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

'sorry, but my auntie says I cannae move to you'.

14 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

I near shat myself when I saw the words Shelley Kerr. I thought at first she was being linked with the job, having been canvassed by a former board member a few years ago.

Just had the chance to watch the interview, personally I thought Andy did OK, he obviously isn't going to say anything untoward but totally agree with him that performances on the park do not reflect the players at the managers disposal. Whether IM just didn't for whatever reason get the best out of the players or his tactics were just wrong it was plain to see that as a team we just weren't performing to expected levels.

The pre-season and cup games just confirmed this, Stirling aside we were completely off the mark.

Edited by keyser_soze

32 minutes ago, JAR said:

Our main weakness for quite some time has been a lack of forwards. Whoever is in charge of recruitment should have had this as their

main priority. We have signed several defenders with no noticeable improvement in that department. There is still a reluctance to mark wingers.

If we adopt the same generally negative tactics as other teams then how can we win games.

See I don’t necessarily think it is.

We create barely next to hee haw in games - and regularly see Jack Hamilton getting lamented in here, but as pointed out in the Oh No No No Podcast, how many chances a game does he actually get? It’s not like he’s missing sitter upon sitter every week.

There’s no real link up at times which suggests there’s a fundamental problem, and many times last season we were benefactors of moments of magic (Easton’s goal at Tannadice, Broony’s thunderbolt at Starks). 

We have more than enough creative type players in our team to be creating chances - in my opinion also, we don’t really have an identity or style of play and at times our response at going a goal behind is making x3 changes at once and hope one of the subs have a reaction. 

so with no real identity or way of wanting to play, how can you possibly get the best out of boys if your not playing a way suited to the tools you have in your locker.

34 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

I mean she's hardly going to come out and say that he'd definitely be up for moving to us, that would just result in McCabe on the phone to her asking wtf she was up to and a fall out.   Not that I think for a second we'll get McCabe.  I'm sure he'd be one of the guys the board would like to have, but I don't think there's a chance it happens.

She was very quick to answer, no hesitation about it. Would be a bizarre move for him 

Maybe Murray was too successful. A brush with Premiership play off finals is a big risk, considering the upcoming ban on plastic pitches up there. The board are looking for someone who can deliver mid table mediocrity. 

10 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

She was very quick to answer, no hesitation about it. Would be a bizarre move for him 

I doubt if my auntie would be clued up on what discussions I'd been having about my employment options. 

3 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I doubt if my auntie would be clued up on what discussions I'd been having about my employment options. 

Not even when your involved in the same profession?

14 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I imagine she’s more clued up about it than anyone on this forum