The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

He's playing wide left bit looks to have a lot of pace

54 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

So if it wisny Ian Murray signing nothing but midfielders, then who was it?  

Another one to add to the vast collection, when we are DESPERATE for a striker and a right back!  

Good luck to the lad, I hope he does well here, but WTF? 🙄

53 minutes ago, Michael W said:

We need an attacking midfielder, there's no question about that. 

It's always a lottery when bringing in a young player obviously loan, but hopefully he can offer us something different. Most critically, hopefully he has pace. 

Perhaps he’s the Stanton stand-in? AM, good distribution…

58 minutes ago, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

Here is our man against Linlithgow Rose (wearing 21), wins a penalty at 4:19, beats his man at 5:51 to set up a goal and sets up another at 8:07.

Looks a good athlete and good size - and we all know what a great team Lithgae are so to see him stand out at this level I think we can all agree he's going to score a hat-trick on Saturday.

Just for a laugh we should have taken their number 19 as well.

A midfielder that can hopefully break the lines and get into space, we do need one of these because none of our current midfielders seem willing or capable to do this consistently. Welcome aboard Findlay.

Hopefully an end to the 3-5-2 this week, mostly because we have a lack of centre halves and none of our fullbacks are capable at wingback, they lack the speed, stamina and mostly the game intelligence to play there. 

Hamilton look to play with 3 in the middle, we need to match them or risk being outnumbered and outrun in that area of the pitch. I'd be looking at a 4-3-3. A 3 in midfield and two wide men that are either feeding the striker with passes and crosses, or feeding off the strikers passes, but we need to find ways to create more chances for our players.

53 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

Good move this, ideally done after training to stop the "everyone that trained is fit" only to have someone missing after being injured in Fridays training.

21 hours ago, TxRover said:

Is it unfair? I mentioned mine took 6 months, to give a data point. I then said I didn't know what the current turnaround was and asked if it was that important. I didn't say he should or shouldn't quit Club 1883 over it, I just asked how important it was.

This could easily be solved by just amending the messaging from the club.  Underpromise and overdeliver, don’t do it the other way.  If getting the welcome gifts out depends on other factors then don’t say people will get them after the second payment, change the messaging and nobody is questioning it.

This is that thing where when things are going well nobody complains.  When the welcome gift didn’t arrive for ages last year nobody really bothered cause everything else was going so well.  Now this season has got off to a bad start they won’t get that bit of leeway they were getting.

Like the old Player Development Fund, previously the Youth Fund.  When they sent the email out about Club1883 they said it wasn’t replacing the old Player Development Fund and it would still keep running as per normal and people could keep their payments going if they wanted.  I left my payment into that running alongside doing Club1883, there’s not been a single email about the Development Fund since.  I fully expect there’s not enough people paying into it anymore to have it viable, and that’s fine I’m totally happy with paying an extra bit of money into the club, but just say that.  Don’t say one thing, do the opposite and then never mention it again.  It’s just simple messaging that stops any questions.

1 hour ago, renton said:

When the best thing anyone can find to say about the lad is that we might sign someone else 😄

From a quick look, the Hearts fans seem fuming on Kickback that they've loaned him out which is a positive impression but single-club forums don't exactly bring out the best in club supporters.

I'll take back what I said straight after he was announced. He appears to be a right winger who can play centrally. Right wing, or as I've been saying a direct fast player is what we appear to have got. Not one that crosses from deep or cuts inside constantly.

1 hour ago, SanStarko said:

This could easily be solved by just amending the messaging from the club.  Underpromise and overdeliver, don’t do it the other way.  If getting the welcome gifts out depends on other factors then don’t say people will get them after the second payment, change the messaging and nobody is questioning it.

This is that thing where when things are going well nobody complains.  When the welcome gift didn’t arrive for ages last year nobody really bothered cause everything else was going so well.  Now this season has got off to a bad start they won’t get that bit of leeway they were getting.

Like the old Player Development Fund, previously the Youth Fund.  When they sent the email out about Club1883 they said it wasn’t replacing the old Player Development Fund and it would still keep running as per normal and people could keep their payments going if they wanted.  I left my payment into that running alongside doing Club1883, there’s not been a single email about the Development Fund since.  I fully expect there’s not enough people paying into it anymore to have it viable, and that’s fine I’m totally happy with paying an extra bit of money into the club, but just say that.  Don’t say one thing, do the opposite and then never mention it again.  It’s just simple messaging that stops any questions.

Good post. 

Can I say, though, that I'm not being narky about it due to our bad start as I firmly believe that we'll come good this season and I think the board have us pointed in the right direction. Even though I don’t agree with all of their decisions. 

You hit the nail on the head with your "underpromise and overdeliver" line.