The New Raith Rovers Thread

Sparky was interviewed in a newspaper the other day and said he had his nose broken in a bounce match against Livingston the other week. Also turns out this is the same match that Davo lost his captaincy because of a few actions. Sounds like there could have been a mass brawl at that match!

Edited by St. Starko

Sparky was interviewed in a newspaper the other day and said he had his nose broken in a bounce match against Livingston the other week. Also turns out this is the same match that Davo lost his captaincy because of a few actions. Sounds like there could have been a mass brawl at that match!

Broken nose immediately followed by 2 games in 4 days? Mark Campbell is hard as f**k and Willie Gibson is gonna die on Sunday!

Broken nose immediately followed by 2 games in 4 days? Mark Campbell is hard as f**k and Willie Gibson is gonna die on Sunday!

Gibson is out of the game. He was originally suspended but the wee drama queens at Halbeath road took him to hospital due to a cold. No surprise really: must be embarrasing for Pars fans seeing their wonder winger in the back of a former Brechin left back! :D

:lol: That sums up Mark Campbell to a tee! The guy is a legend!

I hear that Mark Campbell is going to go round to Willie Gibson's house tomorrow morning, and when he opens the door in the morning to pick up the paper, Sparky is going to go crashing through him with both feet, crushing his shins, and his dreams. He'll still win the ball though.

It's just protocol.

I hear that Mark Campbell is going to go round to Willie Gibson's house tomorrow morning, and when he opens the door in the morning to pick up the paper, Sparky is going to go crashing through him with both feet, crushing his shins, and his dreams. He'll still win the ball though.

It's just protocol.

Big Marv taught him well...aye, so cue Mark Campbell having a horror show tommorow!

Right, so, Gary Wales hasn't actually signed up for the rest of the season yet, but the club are currently trying to drive down the number of pennies he's after

Seems fair enough, hopefully he does sign on, just so I can keep on watching his highlights from the last time he was here. Although, it is interesting to note that Notts County seem to think Kevin Smith will be out the door there in January, if someone will take him. He hasn't played at all under Ince.

Hypothetically, if they were both asking for exactly the same money, and there were no acquisition fees, who would you rather have, Wales or Smith?

Also, good to see Wedderburn being sent out to Arbroath for the rest of the season. It's something I'd like to see more of, but I'm not entirely sure John McGlynn trusts other coaches to keep up his high standards.

If Smith is available I'd have him every day of the week. Don't think he will be though, there's bound to be a League 2/Conference side or even a team like Hamilton or St Mirren who can offer something closer to the money he's on at Notts. And that's not even taking into account that he's still under contract..

Wales will be a good signing if he gets over his injuries. The last thing we need for the second half of the season with three-a-week (at best) games is an injury prone player.