The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'm very disappointed Williamson is staying here for another season.

As for the rest, I'd have to imagine that one of Campbell and Murray will probably leave due to budget cuts. It would be a shame if one did because they are both good players, and we know that we are prone to injuries in our backline.

Weir, Wales and Wedderburn can all leave as far as I'm concerned, and I wouldn't be too fussed if McNeil left. As for Simmons, I wouldn't be too bothered either. I've defended him a lot, but he's been more miss than hit.

What team and position are you playing, Michael?

I'm not actually sure to be honest, that information wasn't in my email, and I didn't email back to ask.

I applied for CM and RB. However, as long as I'm not up front or at CB, I'll be happy enough.

Sorry about the double post, but here's the easier way to do it. Players in green are kept, those in red released.

Players whos contracts expire after Saturdays game

McNeil

Murray

Campbell

Wilson

Simmons

Wales

Weir

Tade (probably going elsewhere)

I'm not particularly fussed whether or not the 3 that aren't highlighted stay or go. If I was to keep one of them, it would be Wilson. I've long said we need changes in midfield, so letting Simmons go might open up the opportunity for that. If Ross Laidlaw is deemed a decent prospect, I'd let McNeil go.

Craig Wedderburn

Graham Beveridge

Jamie Mackie

Tam Graham

These guys have been here for about 4 seasons now, and barely featured. Is there any point in keeping them here? I'd let them all go, see if they can make something for themselves in the lower leagues.

Laurie Eliis was quoted in one of the daily papers as saying earlier this week "he was in the dark and didnt know what his future held, but would love to stay" or words to that effect.

That would suggest to me he too is out of contract.

Now that I think of it,remember reading that as well

Always the possibility that the rag is ill informed of course?

Hence why I said this is courtesy of the FFP so it might well be wrong but its all we have to go on :D

Dougie Hill signed a one year part-time deal when he joined, and a two year full-time deal last summer. That one, at least, is right enough.

Correct Yoss.Actually never noticed he wasn`t on the list.

Craig Wedderburn

Graham Beveridge

Jamie Mackie

Tam Graham

These guys have been here for about 4 seasons now, and barely featured. Is there any point in keeping them here? I'd let them all go, see if they can make something for themselves in the lower leagues.

With you on that.Did at least two of these players not spend this season out on loan?

Edited by Robbo

I am a great fan of Mark Campbell (proper 'old skool' centre half), but if it came down to a choice between the two then I'd go with Grant Murray.

He has the able to play a variety of positions, and with a tight squad, versitility is required.

It might be that Campbell leaves as it will be costing him a wedge travelling to training and matches up to 3 times a week from Ayrshire. I know its costing me £400/month to get to work (£100 more than this time 2 years ago) and its a similar weekly mileage to what he is doing.

I know some lower league teams pay travel expenses on top of wages so the Rovers may do similar

I suppose the club can maybe claim the VAT etc back on fuel?

Now that I think of it,remember reading that as well

Hence why I said this is courtesy of the FFP so it might well be wrong but its all we have to go on :D

Correct Yoss.Actually never noticed he wasn`t on the list.

With you on that.Did at least two of these players not spend this season out on loan?

Mackie, Graham and Wedderburn were all out on loan. Mackie and Graham to the juniors, Wedderburn to Arbroath. regarding the latter, the fact that he got farmed out to a senior pro club, did fairly well and has a winners medal to boot, would suggest that he's progressed ok, I actually think, given the dire warnings eminating from the club regarding costs, that he'll be kept.

In terms of Mackie, bare in mind that in '07 he made his debut at 15, so is still only 19 now. McG was effusive in his praise for the guy back then, maybe he hasn't progressed further from then, but next year might be the time he breaks through, after all we know McG is cautious in his use of young guys.

I see Tam McManus has been released by Falkirk.

Enjoy the Third Division Tam.

custom_1224341176745_kid-middle-finger.jpg

I love that picture. I've lost count of the number of times I've used it to tell people to piss off in an email.

From today's Sun:

JIM McINTYRE has targeted two men who almost STOPPED Dunfermline winning promotion.

The Pars boss is lining up a double swoop for Raith Rovers strikers Gregory Tade and John Baird.

Frenchman Tade is out of contract and available for free.

First Division Player of the Year Baird has 12 months on his deal and Rovers want around £100,000, but it's unlikely they'll get that much.

Inverness are also interested in Tade, with St Johnstone keen on Baird. St Mirren are also monitoring both players.

I'm not too upset that Tade is leaving but Baird would be a big loss, although if the transfer fee was anywhere near that figure we could use the money to get another couple of strikers in.

From today's Sun:

JIM McINTYRE has targeted two men who almost STOPPED Dunfermline winning promotion.

The Pars boss is lining up a double swoop for Raith Rovers strikers Gregory Tade and John Baird.

First Division Player of the Year Baird has 12 months on his deal and Rovers want around £100,000, but it's unlikely they'll get that much.

Inverness are also interested in Tade, with St Johnstone keen on Baird. St Mirren are also monitoring both players.

I'm not too upset that Tade is leaving but Baird would be a big loss, although if the transfer fee was anywhere near that figure we could use the money to get another couple of strikers in.

Read this in the Sun this morning as well. I know Tade will move on but for the love of all that is holy not to them

With regards to Baird his award for POTY is bound to attracted some attention, tho if the Pars are in the brown stuff how can they afford a transfer fee for a player?

They can have Tade, he will be an absolute bombscare in the SPL and has had about two good games since the turn of the year. I would be utterly devastated if we lost Baird now though.

From today's Sun:

Doubt it, the vast majority would go into the ground mortgage etc.

I can't see anyone stumping up anything like that, I doubt most clubs could even conjure up £30,000 for a player under contract.

Edited by renton

Doubt it, the vast majority would go into the ground mortgage etc.

I can't see anyone stumping up anything like that, I doubt most clubs could even conjure up £30,000 for a player under contract.

I think Raith are just covering there arse they will bite any clubs hand of for 30k for a player they got for nothing

I think Raith are just covering there arse they will bite any clubs hand of for 30k for a player they got for nothing

I honestly can't see any of the clubs mentioned coffing up that kind of money either.

I honestly can't see any of the clubs mentioned coffing up that kind of money either.

regardless we are better off keeping him otherwise our strike force is already fucked for next season

I'd love both players to stay but looking at the bigger picture if Bairdy was sold for a decent amount of money it'd go towards reducing the shortfall of not having the Pars in the league and I'd be very confident in John McGlynn attracting a competent replacement to the club.

I think we've got a decent backbone to the squad under contract at the moment. A wee bit of luck and we might see Williamson producing more performances like he did against the Pars at EEP in the 2-2 game and I'm sure Scott McBride will be a better player next season after having had a taste of 1st division football.

I reckon we'll see most of the defence that we currently have again next season so it just leaves us to sort out the striking options if Baird or Tadé leave.

Ever the optimist, eh! :rolleyes:

regardless we are better off keeping him otherwise our strike force is already fucked for next season

If we keep him we will get f**k all next season for him!

I think if a club came in with any sort of offer around 20, 30 k we have to accept he has done us a great turn for a player for free if it wasnt for his late goals we probably would have been done and dusted around feb march time!