The New Raith Rovers Thread

If we spent money on Baird i'd be appalled, no doubt he's done a great job for Raith but he really seems to lack any type of composure and in a league where we are bound to get fewer chances it isn't really ideal, let Raith keep him and help them get promoted, we need a "bigger" striker who can get on the end of crosses.

You can't afford to be spending any kind of big sums on players this season. Be realistic, you probably went over budget bringing in BMMMH and Rusty. Just don't get ahead of yourselves, try consolidating first and see where you are the next season.

Spoke to a few people in Dundee at the weekend, one of who very well connected at Dundee Utd. Baird was apparently with Gary Kirk at Tannadice a few weeks ago being shown around. It will be either a nominal figure plus Andis Shala or just a straight swap. Obviously I can't state this as absolute fact but person I spoke to is very much in the know at Dundee Utd. I have no reason to doubt this. Would make sense with Utd going to get money for Goodwillie and possibly £250k from Reading if they are promoted. Then heard exactly the same story from several other people.

I'd rather just take the cash. Andis Shala is one of the worst strikers to ever play in the SPL (just ask any Dundee Utd fan).

Just need to wait and see I guess. A lot of people have had things on "good authority" here before (Mcglynn moving to Dundee United being the main example)

That was mainly down to McGlynn being told the job was his, and Dundee Utd changing their mind at the last minute.

Just need to wait and see I guess. A lot of people have had things on "good authority" here before (Mcglynn moving to Dundee United being the main example)

That was mainly down to McGlynn being told the job was his, and Dundee Utd changing their mind at the last minute.

Beat me to it. McGlynn had interview but mucked it up so Utd gave it to Houston instead.

Beat me to it. McGlynn had interview but mucked it up so Utd gave it to Houston instead.

I didn't get the rumour from a drunk guy down the pub. It has come from a source within Dundee Utd. Nothing agreed as of yet and may not materialise but things are being discussed. Utd do have a recent history of bringing good young players from the Scottish League.

id rather have andy kirk & 20k than pat clarke! may be a wee hearts connection there too! ...not sure what kirk's contract status is tho! If baird goes we would need three strikers in the door so a swap for baird does make some sense! I dont think rovers should/will swap unless there is a little cash in it for them though (15-30k ish)

You can't afford to be spending any kind of big sums on players this season. Be realistic, you probably went over budget bringing in BMMMH and Rusty. Just don't get ahead of yourselves, try consolidating first and see where you are the next season.

Aye, Hardie on that pay as you play and Rusty on loan I'm sure cost humongous amounts.

I also never said we could afford to pay big sums either?:huh:Just if we could I'd really not want it spend on Baird at all

Still didn't happen though. On here and fantalk there are already people convinced he is going to Dunfermline and now Dundee United.

Fantalk also wanted Sammy sacked, there as much fannys there as their is on .net, like most fans forums in honesty.

Kirk is out of contract, but will also be on over a grand a week.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.....

*Catches breath*

:lol::lol:

Whatver makes you happy champ, I suppose in years to come it means you can roll out the "Dunfermline beat us to the title, but they had quite a few players on millionaire wages while ours played for peanuts 8)"

Kirk will be on 5/600 pw if your lucky.

Edited by Grant228

Spoke to a few people in Dundee at the weekend, one of who very well connected at Dundee Utd. Baird was apparently with Gary Kirk at Tannadice a few weeks ago being shown around. It will be either a nominal figure plus Andis Shala or just a straight swap. Obviously I can't state this as absolute fact but person I spoke to is very much in the know at Dundee Utd. I have no reason to doubt this. Would make sense with Utd going to get money for Goodwillie and possibly £250k from Reading if they are promoted. Then heard exactly the same story from several other people.

I'd rather just take the cash. Andis Shala is one of the worst strikers to ever play in the SPL (just ask any Dundee Utd fan).

Shala can get tae.

Who's for a Laurie Ellis testimonial? Anyone know the requirements; years of service etc?

I'm sure a footballing purist would insist on ten years consecutive service.

I think next year will take him into this tenth year with the Rovers, but that's split over three spells.

Iain Davidson is by far the closest to an actual testimonial, having joined in July 2004.

Edited by Raith Against The Machine

Isn't it upto the club/player if he wants a testimonial though? pretty sure there are plenty of cases of players getting one despire not serving 10 consecutive years, if they have been deemed to have made a good enough impact/impression at the team then they get one, did Larsson not have a testimonial with Celtic against Seville despite only doing about 7 years or something?

Baird to Dundee United does sound a bit silly. It's more believeable than the Davidson to Dundee United rumours, but still silly.

I appreciate they're going to lose Goodwillie, but they have Daly, and Johnny Russell seems to have made a good impact this season. Whilst they'll be looking to replace Goodwillie, I'd have to imagine they'll be looking at a similar sort of striker to him, and Baird doesn't really fit that description.

The rumours surrounding Dunfermline for both Baird and Tadé seem quite persistant, though I'm at a loss as to why McIntyre would choose to sign the strike force of a team which scored less goals than his.

Isn't it upto the club/player if he wants a testimonial though? pretty sure there are plenty of cases of players getting one despire not serving 10 consecutive years, if they have been deemed to have made a good enough impact/impression at the team then they get one, did Larsson not have a testimonial with Celtic against Seville despite only doing about 7 years or something?

Yip larsson did mate 100% correct

sure they called it his farewell game or something

Edited by geo1234

Baird to Dundee United does sound a bit silly. It's more believeable than the Davidson to Dundee United rumours, but still silly.

I appreciate they're going to lose Goodwillie, but they have Daly, and Johnny Russell seems to have made a good impact this season. Whilst they'll be looking to replace Goodwillie, I'd have to imagine they'll be looking at a similar sort of striker to him, and Baird doesn't really fit that description.

The rumours surrounding Dunfermline for both Baird and Tadé seem quite persistant, though I'm at a loss as to why McIntyre would choose to sign the strike force of a team which scored less goals than his.

You can say it's silly all you want but it's more than just a rumour. It has come from someone very highly involved with Dundee Utd. Maybe nothing further will come of it (I certianly hope so) but I also heard from Dundee Utd fans as well that they had heard of this story.