The New Raith Rovers Thread

I don't particularly like the sound of this player suspensions thing, over in the cup forum.

Here was me thinking you were the oracle when it came to Rovers players being eligible/ineligible, Yoss!

I think that particular storm has blown over already, though. Seems one of the boys from The Sun has been onto the club and they've confirmed that clearance was received from the SFA before Satuday.

https://twitter.com/robertthomson55/status/407910938910552064

It's good that we made a profit last season, but as noted we played Celtic home and away in the cups. If we can't make a profit under those circumstances then we really would be in trouble.

We should be okay this season, what with Hibs away in the cup, Rangers in the other cup, and possible play-off games. Next season should be okay too, with Hearts, Rangers and hopefully Dunfermline in our league.

Medium to longer term, I'm not so confident.

Buzz-kill!

Ah fine, if that Twitter thing that says they'd be incorrectly labelled on the published list is right enough then we're in the clear. Be nice to have the SFA confirm that though, just to set my mind at rest.

Its good but it is worth remembering we played Celtic twice in that period both home and away. The news overall seems to be very good though. We just need the residents of Kirkcaldy to start turning up in greater numbers

Didn't the profit from the Celtic home match go straight towards fixing the "smelly pitch" problem? We'd have been looking at a bigger profit it we hadn't needed to fix this.

Didn't the profit from the Celtic home match go straight towards fixing the "smelly pitch" problem? We'd have been looking at a bigger profit it we hadn't needed to fix this.

Pretty much. We relaid the pitch in the summer at a considerable cost too - although given the accounts end at June 30th, I'm not sure if all of that cost will be included in the accounts. Should be though.

Given the pitch problems it's actually an exceptionally impressive turn of profit, even accounting for a home TV game and a sparsely attended away match with Celtic.

Here was me thinking you were the oracle when it came to Rovers players being eligible/ineligible, Yoss!

I think that particular storm has blown over already, though. Seems one of the boys from The Sun has been onto the club and they've confirmed that clearance was received from the SFA before Satuday.

https://twitter.com/robertthomson55/status/407910938910552064

Good to know the club were aware of this, not the first time we have failed to notice stuff like this. Was it not Murray himself that was stated as due a ban a few years ago but a Raith fan checked and it was incorrect and freed him up for the next game?

This armageddon malarky is pretty good, don't know why everyone was so concerned.

Really positive set of figures from the board and very encouraging that we are moving in the right direction. It shows you the pressure on clubs just now that even with two old firm cup games and our local rivals in the league there was only an 80k surplus. However, in these difficult times, when crowds are struggling, any surplus is most welcome.

We'll do not bad out of the cups this year too so hopefully we are on course to make a wee profit this season and take another nibble out of the debt.

Also, I hope this allows the fans to see a bit of financial transparancy. This can only assist in seeing just how critical it is that we support in any way we can. It really does all help.

Well done the club, it's been a long long haul but this is definitely the most positive we have been for a long long time.

Edited by Double Jack D

Aye worth taking that into account (no pub intended). Can't fault the boats at the moment. They have been superb over the last few seasons with their decision making.

For any 200 Club members or non-members who this may interest.

We have allowed the 200 Club website domain name to expire so we can concentrate on using the farther reaching medium of FB as our primary output of information.

Feel free to 'Like' the page here...

https://www.facebook.com/rrfc200club?ref=ts&fref=ts

Edited by Andy C

Not on the Rovers website, but the Metro reporting that Murray, Smith and Ellis have signed contract extensions until summer 2016.

Great news!

We'll need a really strong squad for next season, regardless of which division we're in so I hope the above is a sign that contract extensions are on the way.

Not on the Rovers website, but the Metro reporting that Murray, Smith and Ellis have signed contract extensions until summer 2016.

Great news!

Well deserved. We've looked like a comfortable upper mid-table Championship side since they took over, with an outside promotion chance now the play-offs are here. Signings have been good and we're playing a style of football similar to the one we adopted during the glory years with wingers and attacking full backs. As a result we are okay to watch, with not a hint of hoofball (yet - pitches haven't completely turned to mush yet). We've reached our first national cup final since 1994. We've had good cup draws (yes, they must be lucky) and no cup upsets to teams from lower leagues. Everything in the garden is rosy.

It can only go one way from here. :ph34r:

Edited by Scary Bear