The New Raith Rovers Thread

Official announcement by the club of our interest in Conroy by posting the link to the evening telegraph article. You'd think it must be close to a done deal to be so bold.

Care to point out where I can find this official announcement by the club?

Official announcement by the club of our interest in Conroy by posting the link to the evening telegraph article. You'd think it must be close to a done deal to be so bold.

Think you saw that on the unofficial Facebook page peegee - the one that liam_barnett runs.

Would still be a sound signing though, whether officially or unofficially 'announced' :-)

Happy Birthday to the triplets from Leeds.

Lol, three seperate personalities. ARoverinLeeds, reasoned, thoughtful and niave of the ways of P&B. Leeds Rover, Much of a muchness with ARiL, but that star faded when he bored me and not remembering codes Haha. And then theres me, Sometimes, I can talk sense, but mostly talk utter pash.

Think you saw that on the unofficial Facebook page peegee - the one that liam_barnett runs.

Would still be a sound signing though, whether officially or unofficially 'announced' :-)

Ah, yes indeed. My bad.

With three goalkeepers on the books, surely Laidlaw will be surplus to requirements. A loan move or a full release?

Would more likely be a loan deal...he's still young and has a lot of potential....a loan spell with regular football is what he needs

Laidlaw is currently on holiday in the Dominican, and given that Cuthbert was released by Accies a few days ago and signed for us today, I can't help but feeling they've just ruined the boy's trip.

I dunno how I feel about Laidlaw being let go, if that is indeed the case. Yes he made a few errors last season but what young goalie doesn't? I think he was capable enough to be the backup keeper this season to McGurn (if he was deemed fit enough), and that would've saved a full time wage.

However, I trust the club and their judgement, so will need to see how it plays out.

With three goalkeepers on the books, surely Laidlaw will be surplus to requirements. A loan move or a full release?

Well happy with this, like you said Laidlaw might be on his way out. Or could be sent out on a season long loan.

Can only assume that this means:

a) McGurn will be a back up from now on and we're giving himself time to get himself fit/doesn't end his career

b) Laidlaw will be off on loan at some point in the future.

Agree with that. Happy with that signing and encouraging to read on the official site there's another newbie looking to sign when returning from holiday. It does say an 'exciting new signing' so I'm not taking that as being Spence or Anderson.

Laidlaw is currently on holiday in the Dominican, and given that Cuthbert was released by Accies a few days ago and signed for us today, I can't help but feeling they've just ruined the boy's trip.

I dunno how I feel about Laidlaw being let go, if that is indeed the case. Yes he made a few errors last season but what young goalie doesn't? I think he was capable enough to be the backup keeper this season to McGurn (if he was deemed fit enough), and that would've saved a full time wage.

However, I trust the club and their judgement, so will need to see how it plays out.

I agree with this, but in all honesty I think we're playing it safe. Last season we were caught out by the lack of available keepers after McGurn's injury. Up until after the Hibs game, we had Laidlaw and Stewart on the books, one who is only just cutting his teeth, while the latter is aking to physically pulling out your teeth.

Worst comes to the worst we'll have two very solid keepers, and an excellent young prospect out on loan.