The New Raith Rovers Thread

Unfortunately we're stuck with the silly c**t, I really tried to believe that he'd learned his mistakes from last year. I really did want him to do it. But in all honesty he hasn't learned a fucking thing. This team is actually worse than the shite we had to endure since November last year. If you have any kind of empathy for this club Bert, please walk away.

From a pars fan, worst rovers side in ages, if we hadn't won that game we would've been robbed, apart from the 1 Nade chance use done nothing. Was really surprised as the signings you have made. Scott, Nade, Stewart, Fox, Conroy to name a few. Nothing better from a pars fan to hear the rovers fans asking for their manager to f**k off. Pleasing

Murray hasn't been popular for a long time. A poor start this season isn't going to win over the doubters, and we've started with a draw and a defeat to lower league opposition.

The signs so far are worrying. I've had no confidence in Murray for a long time, and he isn't helping to turn my views around.

I was going to buy a season ticket tomorrow, but I've had a think about it and I won't bother. I'll wait a month or so at least and see how we're doing. I'd rather spend my money going out with my mates in Edinburgh at the festival in all honesty. The club need to wake up to how rancid we are. Tonight was tactically clueless. Cuthbert and the defence up to Nade for the most of the night, and it didn't work at all. We've got the Flyers up the road who are entertaining people week in week out and drawing better attendances than ourselves.

Fair play to the Pars. Thoroughly deserved it tonight.

Tonight must seal Murray's time at Stark's, totally clueless.

We are seeing the same turgid rubbish again this season as we did last season.

The BoD must react NOW or we will be stick ons to go down. Tonight ws as bafd as I've seen in50+ years of being a Raith supporter, Anelka apart.

Someone like Danny Lennon who did so much with a shoestring budget at St M. must be one to consider, PLUS where is the Squad the BoD made so much of on the Telly intereviews earlier on Raith TV.

Where are they, Mr Hutton?

ETA...check out the Home support numbers on Saturday, Turnbull, it won't get any better until you and the Board do something POSITIVE.

Edited by Wee Sandy

Still too early for a Murray must go thread. He is miles out of his depth. These are ALL his players and HIS team things better improve soon or the home end will be empty.

It's early doors, but the ending to last season was simply unforgivable and he should've been canned then. Patience is thin with him as it is and we've started EXACTLY the way we left off last time, with a supposedly better set of players and more depth.

Oh wait, we had f**k all on the bench tonight! yes, some players were out suspended and injured, but that's going to happen throughout the season. Where is our bigger squad? Why do we still lack options out wide despite Cardle's patchy form last year highlighting a desperate need for depth? Why do we still lack options at full back?

I am angry tonight, despite the fact I didn't go and will be lucky to get to five games this season. Why am I angry? Because it's the same shit all over again from a manager who is incapable of getting anywhere near the best out of some fairly decent players. I've no confidence in Murray at all and he's taking us absolutely nowhere. We are absolutely rotten, have depth issues and yet our manager is happy with his squad! Incredible, you really can't make it up; It really is like the emperor of Rome standing there twiddling this thumbs while the place fucking burns around him.

It's early doors, but the ending to last season was simply unforgivable and he should've been canned then. Patience is thin with him as it is and we've started EXACTLY the way we left off last time, with a supposedly better set of players and more depth.

Oh wait, we had f**k all on the bench tonight! yes, some players were out suspended and injured, but that's going to happen throughout the season. Where is our bigger squad? Why do we still lack options out wide despite Cardle's patchy form last year highlighting a desperate need for depth? Why do we still lack options at full back?

I am angry tonight, despite the fact I didn't go and will be lucky to get to five games this season. Why am I angry? Because it's the same shit all over again from a manager who is incapable of getting anywhere near the best out of some fairly decent players. I've no confidence in Murray at all and he's taking us absolutely nowhere. We are absolutely rotten, have depth issues and yet our manager is happy with his squad! Incredible, you really can't make it up; It really is like the emperor of Rome standing there twiddling this thumbs while the place fucking burns around him.

Even if he did get through this season and kept us in the league (7th place no doubt). We'd inevitably have to make cutbacks once Rangers and Hearts/Hibs go up. Then we're back to the same old. The problem is the ethos in tactics at the moment. It simply isn't good enough and Murray ultimately is responsible for that.

A message for the management, play the ball to Nade on the deck, the high ball punts are useless as he heads the ball to a player who isn't there 100% of the time.

I take it nobody passed this on to Grant, Paul & Laurie then...

I think some people need their sleep. I'm not saying the points some are making aren't valid, because they are but people really need to chill out here.

I came away tonight pretty disappointed at the result, because we were all over the place tonight, and it did remind me of many a performance from last season. But it's on the SECOND competitive game for Christ sake? Aye we have been unconvincing, but we were unconvincing against a pish Stirling Albion side last season, which required a last minute winner. We also lost our season opener to Hamilton 0-1. Then went on an impressive run. Christ we were shite leading up to the Hibs game last season (didn't score in five games, 1 win in 10) and beat them.

Football is a funny, fickle game and at this level (including some teams in the lower leagues) teams can easily beat each other on their day.

Murray hasn't yet convinced me with the way he sets up the side, and tactically looks a bit out of his depth. That's a given. But chanting for him to get tae f**k was downright cringeworthy. Honestly. I hate being a football fan sometimes. Some utter morons go to games. Utterly embarrassing.

This was last seasons team that beat Morton 2-1 in our first win in what seemed like a decade:

Robinson, Thomson, Booth, Watson, Hill, Fox, Cardle, Moon, Anderson, Smith, Baird

Subs: Spence, Donaldson, Ellis, Mullen, Vaughan, Matthews, Laidlaw (GK)

Now there we were only really missing McGurn in terms of first choice.

First choice this season in terms of a squad of 18 anyway would be:

Cuthbert, Thomson, McKeown, Hill, Watson, Moon, Scott, Conroy, Anderson, Elliot, Nade

Subs: Barr, Fox, Stewart, Perry, Callachan, Vaughan, McGurn (GK)

Now on paper this seasons depth does look a lot stronger than the team we had out for that 2-1 victory against Morton. Never the less, if Murray still isint getting results with the line up I've put, then questions should be asked. I'll reserve my judgement for the mean time though.

The league games will shape our season, not the Petrofac Cup.

We need to have a striker lined up, before the week-end, whether be a permanent signing or a loan deal, we need at least 1..

We have lost Baird..who did we bring in? Nade - will score a quarter of the amount of goals that Baird would have.

We have lost Spence, our top goalscorer, and we've replaced him with Mark Stewart who we seem to want to play on the wing, he'll score about half of what spence did last season

We have lost Smith, who have we brought in? ............

If we're going to be playing Stewart on the wing, then we have 2 senior strikers on our books...that's just embarassing.

Edited by Rovers1992/1993

From a pars fan, worst rovers side in ages, if we hadn't won that game we would've been robbed, apart from the 1 Nade chance use done nothing. Was really surprised as the signings you have made. Scott, Nade, Stewart, Fox, Conroy to name a few. Nothing better from a pars fan to hear the rovers fans asking for their manager to f**k off. Pleasing

Nothing better? But...but...but you don't care about us?

I think some people need their sleep. I'm not saying the points some are making aren't valid, because they are but people really need to chill out here.

I came away tonight pretty disappointed at the result, because we were all over the place tonight, and it did remind me of many a performance from last season. But it's on the SECOND competitive game for Christ sake? Aye we have been unconvincing, but we were unconvincing against a pish Stirling Albion side last season, which required a last minute winner. We also lost our season opener to Hamilton 0-1. Then went on an impressive run. Christ we were shite leading up to the Hibs game last season (didn't score in five games, 1 win in 10) and beat them.

Football is a funny, fickle game and at this level (including some teams in the lower leagues) teams can easily beat each other on their day.

Murray hasn't yet convinced me with the way he sets up the side, and tactically looks a bit out of his depth. That's a given. But chanting for him to get tae f**k was downright cringeworthy. Honestly. I hate being a football fan sometimes. Some utter morons go to games. Utterly embarrassing.

This was last seasons team that beat Morton 2-1 in our first win in what seemed like a decade:

Robinson, Thomson, Booth, Watson, Hill, Fox, Cardle, Moon, Anderson, Smith, Baird

Subs: Spence, Donaldson, Ellis, Mullen, Vaughan, Matthews, Laidlaw (GK)

Now there we were only really missing McGurn in terms of first choice.

First choice this season in terms of a squad of 18 anyway would be:

Cuthbert, Thomson, McKeown, Hill, Watson, Moon, Scott, Conroy, Anderson, Elliot, Nade

Subs: Barr, Fox, Stewart, Perry, Callachan, Vaughan, McGurn (GK)

Now on paper this seasons depth does look a lot stronger than the team we had out for that 2-1 victory against Morton. Never the less, if Murray still isint getting results with the line up I've put, then questions should be asked. I'll reserve my judgement for the mean time though.

The league games will shape our season, not the Petrofac Cup.

There is no reason to feel confident in Murray having a decent season. The fact is, we don't have time to get things right. We need to hit the ground running.

Tonight was a disgusting performance devoid of any urgency or tactical knowledge at all. Alarm bells should be ringing down Pratt St way.