The New Raith Rovers Thread

Yes we can argue that it was Perry, and then the referee for being a complete bellend towards us by sending him off after just 2 minutes. Other referees could have given the yellow and had a strong word saying "come on now, it's the second minute, calm the f**k down" but not Crawford Allan, give him any sort of chance to send you off and it will happen.

You are kidding aren't you? The referee correctly applied the laws. Doesn't matter if it was the second minute or second last.

The only positive to take from that game is that he won't actually be playing next week. Callachan did well going forward and looked hungry. McKay was good as well, but Grant Anderson was definitely the best of a bad bunch. And he even gave away the fifth goal!! :lol:

Pound to a penny that Murray drops Callachan next week.

There's absolutely no reason Murray should still be in a job. None at all. The man himself probably knows that. Sadly if a 5-1 doing from bottom of the league at home isn't enough to punt him then nothing is. Easy to say the red card made it special circumstances but we've had Hill fit for weeks and still he's persisted with Perry, who we all know is diabolical. Hopefully that's at least the end of him.

If Nade did dive (and in all honesty I thought he did) he should be fined. Highlights will be interesting.

4-1 down, ten men, five minutes to go. Centre half off for a striker. Calamitous.

Agree with all of this. As soon as we conceded the 4th it should have been damage limitation. Instead Murray makes a sub and tactical change that is beyond naive.

Having watched the highlights every one of their goals comes from a mistake and it's just painful viewing. The 1st Watson goes for a header he has no chance of getting and then Perry, well, less said the better. For the 2nd McKeown is an embarrassment. If he doesn't want to block a cross he shouldn't be on that pitch. Then the 7ft, sorry 5ft8, striker Mark Burchill gets a free hearder 3 yards out. The 3rd is a good team goal from them but Watson completely switches off and leaves Glen alone to finish. If Watson is paying attention and marking his man it's not a goal. The 4th is yet another cross we can defend and the 5th just sums up everything that's wrong with our club on the pitch.

This has been a year, one whole year, of the same mistakes and put simply fans have had enough. His interview is a disgrace and the fact nobody from the club has yet come out and apologised to the fans for that performance yesterday shows exactly what the boards mentality is. They simply don't care about our opinions, that was evident in Hutton's rant at the end of last season, and if we finish 8th this season and make money from Rangers, Hibs and Hearts then that's all that matters.

I'm not entirely condoning Allan, for his decision. He made it, and therefore gave the red card. All I was suggesting is that other referees may have taken a more lenient approach with it being in the second minute. That was my overall point, if not entirely conveyed that way originally.

Still think Crawford Allan is a pish referee who takes great pleasure in being shite towards us. We can all agree also is that Ross Perry is utter urine.

I'm not entirely condoning Allan, for his decision. He made it, and therefore gave the red card. All I was suggesting is that other referees may have taken a more lenient approach with it being in the second minute. That was my overall point, if not entirely conveyed that way originally.

Still think Crawford Allan is a pish referee who takes great pleasure in being shite towards us. We can all agree also is that Ross Perry is utter urine.

It was one of those decisions that was all or nothing. As soon as the penalty was awarded a red card was a certainty. Some refs might've bottled it so early on but to do so would've realistically meant waving play on.

its heartbreaking watching these performances every week and then too hear they are in belfast on the drink makes me severely pissed off even more.

My work isn't hitting the targets this year so far, bosses have cancelled the Xmas party. Their is a 'carrot' of an all expenses couple of nights in April, if we turn it round between now and then. I see the Rovers as no different to this.

It's their Christmas night out. Alright, our recent performances have been poor, and they probably could've kept it away from Twitter (Instagram? I haven't actually seen anything myself) but it's not like we're bottom of the league.

This. While I get everyone is pissed off and rightly so about our recent form the Xmas do was probably booked months ago. These guys aint in the millionaire footballer category so to expect them just not to go and give up the money they have already put towards bookings etc is unreasonable IMO.

Edited by bobbykdy

It's obvious from their performances very few of them give a toss about the club. Thomson and Anderson look about the only players who regularly even put an honest shift in. When McGlynn was in charge there seemed to be a pretty close bond between the players and supporters. That has gone completely now. The supporters don't like the players and very few of the players make any effort to acknowledge the support.

I realise the players will have stumped up for this night out in advance but Murray should be telling them they are reporting for training on Monday and their day off is cancelled. If the useless sods actually get their act together they will make back the money they've lost through win bonuses.

Think RATM has called it.

I certainly doesn't have me up nor down but surely the would have realised that posting their crazy capers on social media would attract a bit of flack.

This team does appear to be really devoid of any kind of connection with the fans. Maybe that can be attributed to the the general mood around the club over the summer. Even during our purple patch the general glum feeling didn't really lift.

We could do with a real full on badge kisser right now.

Pound to a penny that Murray drops Callachan next week.

I said this myself, next week cue the usual to be back in, Elliot in for Stewart, Callaghan dropped for Fox (assuming he's fit ?), Scott will come into the team somehow to & tbh i would not be surprised at all if Murray does some totally skit-physco thing like playing Ellis over Hill ... He really is that clueless.

It's obvious from their performances very few of them give a toss about the club. Thomson and Anderson look about the only players who regularly even put an honest shift in. When

Funny you point this out, this is also something I said ... We have Vaughen & Callaghan usually benched, these guys coming on will give there all for our club to try and impress and break into the first team ... Pains me to death watching Fox and Elliot go through there pace's every week, clearly only caring about their wages hitting the bank ! McGlynn, Thomson, Anderson, Hill & possibly Watson are amongst the only lads that actually seem to want to fight for the shirt !

This. While I get everyone is pissed off and rightly so about our recent form the Xmas do was probably booked months ago. These guys aint in the millionaire footballer category so to expect them just not to go and give up the money they have already put towards bookings etc is unreasonable IMO.

Absolutely spot on.

I'd be fucking raging at my gaffer if she cancelled a night out that I'd already spent money on because the team weren't performing as well as they should/could.

Kevin Moon's Mankind outfit complete with Mr Socko is tremendous as well.